“Very Convenient Location”

Ranked #48 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Long Beach, CA
“Very Convenient Location”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

This Holiday Inn is just off the Red Mountain Freeway (202). A great smile and a welcome at the front desk as you enter through the comfortable lobby is always a great sell! The room was very clean and the staff very nice! Breakfast was pretty good and not at all as generic as some hotel restaurants. This location has great access to the freeway in the Phoenix metro area and the airport.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Bo C
Trent C, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Phoenix Airport North, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Bo C,

Thank you for the wonderful review encompassing the staff, the hotel and our location. I'm pleased we were able to accommodate you perfectly during your stay and I hope the next time you are in Phoenix you would allow us the opportunity to be of service again.

Trent C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We were at a USTA Championship match in Surprise, AZ before moving to this Holiday Inn. We had an early morning flight and decided we wanted to be closer to the airport. We expected your typical "close to the airport" hotel, no frills and a place to sleep. What a nice surprise we had! This hotel had been recently renovated.It was beautiful. All rooms faced around the center court pool, hot tub, seating areas, and lush plantings. The room doors are all French doors...reminded me of New Orleans. The place was quiet, the pool was lovely, the bar/restaurant had specials and "Happy Hour."
Our suite was beautiful. We had 2 bedrooms, a living room, wet bar, etc. The bathrooms were huge. This "near to the airport" hotel was heaven. We ended up spending the day there, and the shuttle got us to the airport right on time the next morning.
Kudos to the Holiday Inn, Airport North.

Room Tip: ask about a suite. some rooms have beautiful mountain views....ours did.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank legendstennis
legendstennis,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I hope your trip to the Valley was successful and that you enjoyed the tennis match. I'm pleased to hear that you found the room to be perfect for your trip and that our shuttle service amenity was right on time. We hope you stay with us the next time you are in Phoenix as we would love to be of service again.

Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Made reservation online. Warmly greeted by Veronica at front desk. She was helpful throughout stay, remembered my name. Had a room that was newly decorated. Clean. Interior court nice. Exterior gates were a problem, some broke, some did not open easily, had to walk to front. Closest grocery is Hispanic neighborhood.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
manyplaceswest,

Thank you for taking a moment and recognizing Veronica by name. She truly is an asset to our hotel and I'm pleased to read your wonderful comments. Thank you for the feedback about the gates and utilizing your feedback I was able to work with our Chief Engineer to correct the deficiencies.

We hope to be of service to you again in the future.
Newfoundland
Reviewed May 8, 2013

The hotel was conveniently located to the airport. Clean and pleasant decor. Room was spacious, very clean and bed was comfortable. Shuttle service was prompt and well done. The food was pretty terrible. We had chicken sliders during Happy Hour. They were cold and pretty tasteless. Based on that experience we decided on a safe bet for room service : grilled cheese/fries/coleslaw. Again, cold and tasteless and we had to recall room service for napkins and cutlery.Having had those 2 experiences we opted out of breakfast. Overall, great value for the room but eat elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
poplarnewfoundland,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I was pleased to hear that you found the room to be so spacious and fitting for your needs. I did take of your comments about the food service and passed them along to my Food and Beverage Manager. I apologize that the food was not up to par and I certainly hope it wouldn't deter you from giving us a second opportunity to be of service to you again in the future.

Thank you kindly for the feedback.
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We had a early morning converence to attend so we decided to find a close place to stay and get some extra sleep in the morning.

The room was spacious and the appointments we modern and nice. The bed was very comfy and we slept well. The bathroom was a bit tiny but that was ok with us. I really liked the LED reading lights attached to the headboard.

We arrived in time to have some dinner at the Bistro. It was fantastic! Big shrimp in the cocktail, burger was juicy, and the French Dip was tastey. Our son ordered a pizza and smiled the entire time chowing down.

Breakfast was served in morning. They have a buffet or menu. We ordered from the menu and we were very pleased with our meals. Try the Eggs Benedict Florentine, yum!

If you are an AARP member you can purchase gift certificates on the AARP website for restaurant discounts. We got a certificate for a $25 discount for $5.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank GC343
GC343,

Thank you for your comments about your stay with us at the Holiday Inn and Suites Phoenix Airport North. I'm pleased to hear that our location was exactly what you were looking for and that our menu was pleasing to everyone in the family. We look forward to serving you again in the future

VICTORIA
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I booked my last night of a 4 day jaunt, in Phoenix at this lovely hotel with points. I received nothing but the finest service including shuttle driver, bar staff, you name it. There is so much positive to say about this fairly NEW hotel...The lobby decor, layout, furniture and even the way the front desk is positioned is very appealing!!! Gorgeous curved sofas to fit against the curved, floor to ceiling "curtain" made out of decor "chain". A totally contemporary appearance.

I really appreciated that they have a bar (as I was travelling solo); and it is in an "almost" open area next to the front lobby (separated by the decor light weight metal looking chain curtain). The layout of their restaurant for unch & dinner is so nicely designed; not the usual room with tables or booths, but small tables in little coves or slightly sectioned, bright and airy with lovely colors and artwork. There is a separate breakfast restaurant which I did not see as I departed early in the morning.

The fenced pool is surrounded with lots of flowering shrubbery...doesn't get much better. Lots of area for small groups to sit on comfy cushioned patio furniture in the open area mostly encircled by the hotel rooms.

Oh, I was given a KING 2 room suite!! Can't say enough about the decor, furniture and slightly different layout, 2 flat screens, microwave, bar sink (can't recall ALL the items).
The price is very reasonable, especially if there are 2 of you sharing the cost; I believe the room priced out at $99.00, but may be slightly more at certain times. Once again, I used all points to book this room.

WONDERFUL!

Room Tip: The front desk clerk suggested the particular room she assigned me because it is known to be quieter...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank KAREN G
Karen G,

Thank you for taking the time to share the details about your most recent trip to Phoenix and your stay at our property. I'm pleased to hear that our staff took such great care of you and that you found the accommodations and amenities to be superior. We look forward to having you stay with us again as our guest.

Spencer, Iowa, United States
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We arrived on 5/2/13 pretty late around 1-2 am after dealing with dollar rent a car. If you ever need a car do not choose dollar they will try everything to squeeze the extra penny out of you. Do however choose holiday inn & suites at 1515 north 44th st. When we pulled up I was very impressed right from the start the building is a nice looking and a well maintained place. I love the room the only problem we had was that our reservation through expedia said that we would have a king bed suite. I even called holday inn to confirm the reservation two days ahead of time and they said it would be a king bed suite. We ended up in a very nice room but with two beds neither one a king. We really think the court yard is beautiful. The pool and hot tub are very nice as well. When we showed up the guy at the front desk was very nice also. I hope the mangement will let him know he is doing a great job I did not get his name. I love that all the rooms have access to the pool and court yard area and we think the area with the firepits is an awesome idea and it is kept very neat looking. an awesome place to hang out on the wonderful arizona nights. We have always tryed to stay at holiday inn in the past we went to Chicago and stayed at the Palitine holiday inn express and it was awesome. We are very glad to say that the holiday inn & suites here in phoenix meets or exceeds our expectations set by our previous stays at this chain and will continue useing them because of there great service and awesome atmospere. We are only half way thourgh our stay (5/4/13) and I desided to go ahead and leave a good review they have earned it already and we cant wait to plan our next stay at holiday inn it only ever seems to get better.

Room Tip: we had a room on the south east side of the building we could see the parking lot on one side and it...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Chance C
Chance C,

Thank you so much for your great comments about our hotel and taking the time out DURING your trip to make them known. We pride ourselves on having a great hotel, with a great atmosphere, and a wonderful staff. I've let the front desk manager know about the great front desk service you received and I'm confident I know you were referring to. We appreciate having you as our guest and we hope to see you again in the future.