WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Americas Best Value Inn Phoenix/I-10 West

Americas Best Value Inn Phoenix/I-10 West
Ranked #152 of 173 Hotels in Phoenix
Colorado
“Lots of dust, but the people were very nice”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

We spent one night at Americas Best Value Inn, just for a place to get a night's sleep. We arrived late, and left early the next morning.

The front desk person was very nice, and helpful with printing my airline boarding pass. The continental breakfast was not so great. The coffee was cold, and the "breakfast" was a tray of pre-packaged pastries

The room was at the low range of acceptable. If it had not been so late when we arrived, we would have opted to move on to another place. There was lots of dust on all horizontal surfaces. The bedding was clean, and we did not find any bugs. It wasn't a bad place after we turned the lights off. It was pretty typical for a place that charges a deposit on the TV remote.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Fresno, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2012

this was the greatest hotel for my money I love how quiet it is, clean hotel I love the service the people at how lovely it
Is

• Stayed January 2012
Mesa, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2011

We check-in without reservation,and,were greeted with a smile,eye contact.,.
Hotel had a good clean curb appeal,that attracted my family....rooms were clean,.
only thing can be up graded are T.V,.from 25'' to maybe flat screen !!

Room Tip: Back side off the hotel.,less traffic.,
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Culver City
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2010

How cheesy is your hotel when the desk clerk (male--3/17/2010 @ 540PM) refuses to give out an extra (individual serve) coffee for the room?

If that weren’t enough, the carpet in the room was dirty, the room reeked of cigarette smoke (although this is theoretically a non-smoking room), and the micro-fridge unit was covered in sticky food and fingerprints.

I have been staying at Day's Inn for the past week as I travel the southwest, and thought I'd try something new. Bad idea!

I won't stay at an America’s Best Value Inn again. Lesson learned.

PS: Smoke signals are faster than this hotel's internet connection.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
      Sleep Quality
Netherlands
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2009

We booked 2 rooms on internet at this ABVI for a 1 night stay. With our (late) arrival I was told by the frontdesk employee that only 1 room was reserved however I had confirmation papers for 2 rooms. He admitted they dropped the ball and made a mistake. First comment was that no other rooms were available because a large group stayed at the hotel for a long time. The parking was occupied half space or less so I had my doubts. It was around 11 PM and not a good idea to search for another hotel. I insisted him to find a solution. Finally he called his boss and suddenly he came up with 2 rooms. When entering the rooms it appeared the airconditioning didn't work in 1 room while it was above 90 degrees and bugs/nasty animals moved around in the bathroom. Comment from the frontdesk employee was that AC worked all the time but he couldnot activate the AC unit either. Again he started to tell he had no other room available but within 10 minutes he came back and said he had cleaned another room. A strange way how to present the hotel to guests. I assume they tried to keep rooms available for other guests probably against higher prices as I booked for on internet. Overall judgement: a bad start with this ABVI.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2008

The Lobby was a dump. The attitude of the clerk that checked us in did nothing to approve our opinion of the motel. The room was dirty. I thought maybe they were overbook and we had a room that was in the progress of being updated, but reading other reviews I guess we had the best avaiable. The bed wasn't comfortable even after thoroughly examing the linens for bed bugs. The bathroom was very grubby, the sink and shower both had soap build up. Checking out was pleasant it didn't take long to examine the breakfast area and give your key back. Then as you start your car you get a wonderful feeling knowint there was no way you'd ever have to return to this pit again. If they would tear this Motel down it would definately improve the area. So if for some reason you find yourself sleepy on the 15500 block of 52nd Drive in Phoenix take my advice and sleep in your car

• Liked — Leaving after checkout
  • Disliked — That I had to spend the night
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
      Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank gr8sgnmein
Enschede
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2007

We can be perfectly clear about this hotel: it has no positive features whatsoever. We entered a very messy lobby, with boxes and piles of phone books all over the place. We saw that there was a back office with sufficient space: we can't understand why a hotel would unnecessarly ruin its first impression this way. It reflects a total lack of interest in the guests.

The first impression was reinforced by a seemingly nervous and scared front desk employee and a "wanted" poster of a killer in the same block on the front desk. Indeed, the hotel does not seem to be located in a very good neighborhood. The hotel itself appears to be recently renovated, but there is a lot of littering in the immediate vicinity of the hotel. There was glass all over the parking lot, too.

The first room we got smelled terribly. The room had been cleaned but not aired. We could smell the Chinese food of the evening before. Luckily we were offered another room with no smell. The room was pretty okay (although a bit run-down and not so clean), but it was the only hotel we stayed in without in-room coffee.

We can do without coffee one day, but sleeping on plastic bed covers is really awful. We're sure the hotel will have seemingly brand new matresses for a long period of time, but other hotels we stayed in have chosen guest-friendlier ways of protecting their mattresses.

The worst experience was the "Daybreak Lite"breakfast. Guests were warned that they had to show their key when entering the breakfast area. But why? The breakfast was a disgrace. Plastic-wrapped sweets by Otis Spunkmeyer (what kind of name is this for food?), coffee, and a disgusting orange juice machine (see photo). That's all.

We had rather high expectations of this hotel, because we paid more for it than we usually do. But no value for money this time.

The hotel also had a nasty "safe" policy. Each room was equiped with a safe, and the charges for the safe were automatically added to the bill, unless a guest would object to it. A sign in the room states that the safe is there primarily in the hotel's interest: if they offer a safe, they are not liable for lost or stolen property. So they make you pay for something even if you don't use it, and do so n their own interest.

Guests mean nothing to this hotel. It's their wallet that counts. Don't go here. There must be better options in a big city like Phoenix.

Stayed July 2007
2 Thank Hollyfamily
Also consider these accommodations in or near Phoenix
Comfort Inn I-10 West at 51st Ave
Premier Inns Tolleson
#2 of 4 in Tolleson
La Quinta Inn & Suites Phoenix I-10 West
WoodSpring Suites Phoenix I-10 West

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Phoenix/I-10 West? Share your experiences!