“GROSS!”

Ranked #101 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Durango, Colorado, United States
“GROSS!”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Where to start?! The front desk help was awesome. that is the ONLY good thing about this place. It says it was under new management, new rooms, etc. If it was undergoing renovation it must have been from 1920! The beds don't have comforters or spreads and some didn't have skirts on them either. The whole room was filthy. The bathroom had rusted ceiling tiles, and water spots on the ceiling. The floor under the sink was water-stained; the sink had leaked at some point and the water was allowed to sit there until it evaporated. The bed was so old that you rolled to the center when you laid down. The carpet was so dirty that we didn't dare remove your shoes and walk on it. The cleaning staff only made our bed, even though we didn't put the eco-green sign out, and the only gave us new (grimy, dingy, stained) towels and never vacuumed. The last day, when we came out of your room, at the end of the hallway, there was a used condom under the air conditioning unit. We did report that to the front desk and they seemed appalled and did have it remove immediately. The pool area was nice, and seemed the only place we wanted to gather. The water in the bathroom shower was so bad that it went from cold to scalding in a matter of seconds. WATCH YOUR CHILDREN!

Room Tip: Go to another motel/hotel.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
8 Thank Barbara P
H502GM, General Manager at Hotel 502, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear Barbara B,
I’m so sorry for letting you and your family down. There are guest rooms being renovated, unfortunately they are not complete due to delays in shipments and construction. There are some items in your review that should not have happened and the room should have been clean. Based on your experience at our hotel, I hope you will consider contacting me directly. I would like the opportunity to make things right if possible.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Reviewed March 26, 2014

ok, so they are trying to under go a image change well its not working!. The manager Jim is a joke. He wont return calls and even follow uo about my stay. ok, so the entire room was under reno no carpet, no lock on door, they put in new bath room although it was dirty! The shower would go from cold to hot didnt matter how much you adjust. Secuirty walked in my room without knocking while i was getting out of shower. Called down for service items never brought. Hotel said was waiving my stay and on check out didnt honor. Jim, the GM manager said do you expect to stay for free. Never again. I wouldnt if I was you either.

• Stayed March 2014
8 Thank dtp84
H502GM, General Manager at Hotel 502, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear Dtp84
I’m sorry we left you with a poor impression of our hotel and our service. However, as you may recall, there was no record of your reservation through Booking.com. Given that we were sold out, and rather than turn you away, we did inform you that we could accommodate you in a room that was being renovated. The room is designed to be without carpet and is finished with stained concrete. We do have on site security but they generally would not enter an occupied room unless there was an emergency. As we spoke on Sunday in person, there was no mention of hot water issues and there was no discussion that the room would be free. We strive to meet all of our guest’s expectation and take pride in our guest service. We will accept your candid comments and criticism and try our best to improve our service and accommodations.
Cortez,
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Avoid this hotel until the construction is complete. I booked this hotel based on photos online and was shocked when I checked in. I have seen "crack houses" that looked better. There were tarps hanging over doorways with caution tape. There was drywall dust and debris on the elevator carpet and no carpet at all in the hallways - only bare concrete and residue from the previous flooring materials. Our keys would not open the doors, but when we finally did get in, the beds had no bedspreads or bed-skirts. Everything looked like it was in progress rather than finished. I was afraid to leave my car in the parking lot for fear of break ins. There were piles of construction material debris in the parking lot, right in front of the entrance to the building we were assigned to. I was a general contractor for fifteen years and I am amazed they were able to get an occupancy permit considering the condition of this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
9 Thank Jackie D
Jim C, Manager at Hotel 502, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
I apologize that you experienced our path to a better property. We have had some challenges in the timing and placement of both the guests and the construction. However, we are getting closer to completion and hope that soon you will return to find a refreshed and relaxing experience with us.