“Great Service and Nice Comfortable Bed!”

Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel
Ranked #14 of 175 Hotels in Phoenix
Mount Holly, North Carolina
“Great Service and Nice Comfortable Bed!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

Our room was on floor 18 and was nice. The bed was very comfortable and and the staff was outstanding. The only drawback was not having a safe in the room and it would have been nice to have a fridge in the room. This is a great location for where my wife works downtown and it is close to sports venues as well. If you want to stay downtown this hotel is great. Room service was fast.

Room Tip: We stay on concierge level and high floors so that is what we would recommend!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Marty R, Executive Response Team at Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Thanks very much for your kind words! Glad to know you like our beds - soooo comfy! We hope you come back soon and enjoy our wonderful hotel again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

The hotel had some great features--a good gym, great pool, nice lobby. But the finer things were missing. No bar fridge in the room, no safe in the closet, and a lousy tiny shower. But what made it worse was that the room walls were paper thin. I can hear the entire conversation of the guys next door. Every laugh. Every comment. Every stupid remark. It's 1am… enough now, I think!

The restaurant off the lobby… it took 3 times asking for an orange juice… and still it never came! When you are paying $329/night… you kinda expect a little more.

I'm disappointed… and I wouldn't choose to stay here again. Ever.

Room Tip: Don't choose a room in Phoenix. Go to Scottsdale… Much nicer!
2 Thank CSJohnson57
Marty R, Executive Response Team at Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
I am so sorry that you had some bad experiences while staying with us. There is no excuse for the type of service you received in our restaurant, and we have taken correctional steps. We offer bar fridges on request and we have guest safes located by our Loss Prevention offices on the lobby level - I apologize for the incovenience this caused you. The walls and sound issues are something we are looking at how to rectify. We converted to a Marriott just 2 years ago and have made major headway in lots of areas, with more ahead of us. Please reach out to me personally if I can be of further assistance.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

I had forgotten my cell phone charger in my room after a week long business conference..I almost didn't call because I thought s&h would cost almost as much add a new charger. It was fed ex'd to me in 2 days free of charge. Customer service like that is almost unheard of nowadays!!

• Stayed October 2013
Customer service is exactly what this industry is all about, and our Ambassadors rise above all the rest! Thanks for sharing your experience and please come back soon!
Salt Lake City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

Kind of a funky exterior but beautifully appointed inside. Friendly bartender, good room that was well fitted out and an especially nice mirror/dressing area. Why not have free internet? Its just a hassle not to. Very helpful service people in general. Pool was on the shady side of the building, not very inviting. Very convenient to the three other places I needed to be downtown as well as right on the light rail line, which is easy to use.

1 Thank professorB53
Thanks for your kind words! We love our funky exterior! It's been called a cheese grater, and I have to say, I agree! We have the only operational windows of any hotel in downtown Phoenix and at this time of year, it's a slice of heaven!
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

stayed at this Renaissance back when it first became a Marriott property..and then again recently. I have to say that it has come a LONG way! It is a very typical Renaissance as far as decoration and style goes. Great lobby. I was upgraded to a suit and I have to say that it was exceptional. Modern and great decorating. Because I stay over 100 nights a year at Marriott properties, I had access to the lounge on the 19th floor and I have to say that the lounge was the nicest lounge I have experience at a Marriott property. Not only because it was modern, clean, and very well equipped and decorated, but the evening food that they put out was 2 steps about what you would usually get. Breakfast was pretty straight forward, but even it was presented in a way that seemed more upscale. If you are going to stay downtown Phoenix, you can't do better!

Room Tip: If you stay on a weekend, there is plenty of free parking on the street.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thanks so much for your loyalty! In the 2 years since our conversion, we have indeed come a long way, and I'm glad you noticed! We still have projects to complete such as executive suites, a presidential suite and our pool terrace upgrade is just about done. We sincerely hope that you'll return and let us show you the latest and greatest!
Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the hotel. Good location, close to the Convention Center. Nice, clean room, courteous service, knowledgeable personnel. Overall it was a positive experience and a hotel I would gladly recommend.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for taking time out from your busy schedule to share this great review! Top contributors like you see it all and it means a great deal to hear you'll glady recommend us! We hope you come back and let us WOW you again!
Corona, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

I stayed in this hotel in downtown Phoenix, traveled there for business. I cannot say enough about how welcomed I felt from Tim (Washington- I think) at the check-in desk to the valets and lobby staff, in general. I want to give Rhonda and Edison at the breakfast buffet a very special shout out, as they were incredibly charming, helpful, fun and kind. Seeing them each morning really helped to get my day off to a great start-as I am usually anxiety-riddled when it comes to business meetings. The hotel itself is beautiful and very clean-centrally located to everything. The only thing I found to be a bit disappointing was the pool-which was very small, but located in a great location.

Room Tip: My room was on the 5th floor with a door opening to the terrace, which was so nice to retire to at t...
1 Thank Sharon N
We love it when our Ambassadors receive special mention in reviews, thanks so much! Tim, Rhonda and Eddison are incredibly talented, friendly and are wonderful representatives of our beautiful hotel. We pride ourselves with our customer service - our folks are the best in the business!