WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel

Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel
Ranked #14 of 173 Hotels in Phoenix
Tel Aviv, Israel
“A good place to stay at near the convention center”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

I was staying for 5 nights starting April 24th. I arrived early and waited for my room. The front desk had upgraded me to junior suite. The room was huge (#1138) and included two beds a round table and couple of sofas. It was a business trip, attending conference in the convention center, so walking there took me less than 5 minutes.

Room Tip: The advantages: The location is 2 blocks from the convention center The stuff was very polite. Th...
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank eran c
Marty R, Executive Response Team at Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. I am sorry you experienced some challenges with the cleanliness of your room - it helped that you gave us your room number and dates of your stay so the issue can be addressed with our Style department. In regard to your continental breakfast, I am going to go out on a limb and guess you attended a conference here for the 5 days you were with us. The continental breakfast you received each morning would have been ordered by your event planners, and only fulfilled by our culinary team. We have a spectacular buffet in Marston's Cafe every morning - try that out next time you're here!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
Los Angeles, California, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

The Renaissance is a great clean hotel in downtown Phoenix. Located 1 block from the Convention Center. Fantastic reception staff. Clean rooms. Good shower pressure and temperature control. Comfortable beds.

Room Tip: 5th floor is where the gym and access to the outdoor pool is
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing the Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel, and thanks for your kudos for our Ambassadors! We have a great team! Please come back soon!
San Jose, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

Stayed two nights at the Renaissance downtown. Great service from the staff, and the room was comfortable though not terribly big, but for the size it was well appointed and laid out. Very close to Parkland Hospital, so if that's your destination this is definitely the place to stay.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks very much for choosing the Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel for your recent stay in Phoenix. Our staff is great, aren't they?! We are so lucky to have this team! Please come back and enjoy them again!
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

I travel very frequently for work, staying in many upscale hotels and rarely do I get to experience the level of service I received at this property. It was consistent throughout the hotel from the front desk to the restaurant to the great "navigator" concierge . But my favorite place in the hotel was Elevate. Albert, Rob and Pam made this a great place to relax, they each remembered me by name and truly tried to anticipate my needs. The hotel has done a great job actually living their branding "Discovery" - it was refreshing to be in a hotel where all of the staff truly understood they are in the hospitality industry and treated the guests...as guests.

Two weeks after my stay,I realized I had forgotten something valuable to me in Elevate. Pam had found the item and Chad in Loss Prevention was so helpful and immediately sent it on its way back to me in Seattle - without charge. Everyone throughout my stays, went above and beyond expectations. I will always come back to this hotel when I'm in Phoenix and will also consider other Renaissance properties in the future - I hope they'll be as good as this one. Cheers to it's staff!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
You can't see me, but I'm absolutely blushing with pride! Thank you so much for taking the time to let the whole world know about our amazing Ambassadors! When you travel, the brick and mortar of a hotel can be pretty much the same, but it's the way you are treated at the Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel that sets us apart from the rest! We are sincere in our wishes that each and every guest has the most comfortable, relaxed and joyful experience possible while they are away from home. Thanks again, and we can't wait for you come back and see us!
Albuquerque
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights during the Diamondbacks' opening series with the St. Louis Cardinals and loved it. Beautiful hotel and so close to the ballpark!

We had a king room on a high floor. Bathroom was beautiful. I really liked how the vanity was separate from the toilet and shower. Easier for both of us to get ready at the same time. Towels were terrific. My husband asked if we could buy some like that when we got home. In-room coffee was really good too.

Pool area was really nice and relaxing. I don't usually use the pool when go out of town, but it was so cool and calm. Very nice place to sit and read.

Only negative aspect was the people next to us were kind of loud. I thought they were talking in the hallway, but it might have been the sound coming through the wall.

Next time we're in town for a ball game, we will definitely stay here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Marty R, Executive Response Team at Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
What a great combo - Baseball, plush towels, AND a calm and serene pool area. It doesn't get any better than that! I'm so pleased you had such a good time while here - please come back and visit us soon!
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Renaissance Phoenix Downtown for a night out on the town in Phoenix. It was a great experience! The staff was very welcoming and friendly. We had a King Junior Suite on the fifth floor. We were both extremely surprised by the spaciousness and cleanliness of our room. The decor made the room very welcoming and warm, and the bed was incredibly comfortable. The staff even welcomed us with cold beverages and light snacks in our room, which was a very nice touch! The room service was very prompt and delivered the best chicken fingers I've ever had in my life. We had access to the community balcony, which had great views of downtown. The location was perfect- we were within walking distance of all the night life and restaurants! I would definitely stay here again and recommend the Renaissance Phoenix Downtown to family and friends!

Room Tip: King Junior Suite - 5th floor. Nice view and community balcony.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Now, that's what I'm talkin' about! It sounds like you had a near perfect experience with us - how awesome is that?? Comfortable bed, nice spacious room, a staff that has no equal, AND the best chicken fingers you've ever had! Thanks for staying with us and we really hope to see you again soon!
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

I come to Phoenix often, for fun and had the opportunity to stay at the Renaissance Phoenix Downtown this past weekend and absolutely loved it. I found the staff genuinely friendly and helpful. My check-in literally took less than 2 minutes and I was on my way up to my awesome room!

The location is great....steps away from some awesome bars and restaurants like Hanny's (directly across the street)!

I definitely recommend this property for either business or pleasure (hopefully a little of both)!

Room Tip: I stayed in the king suite. Super spacious, great layout, very comfortable.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mixing business with pleasure - that's exactly what the Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel is all about! The best of both worlds!
I'm glad you discovered Hanny's, it's such a cool place. I sure hope you'll stay with us more often when you're in town!