“Great Service in Concierge Lounge”

Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel
Ranked #16 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Just a note to say that the staff Pamela Guard, Ben Stadler-Ammon and Dora Galantai were well trained in customer service and they went out of their way to be certain that my experience was perfect. They were extremely awesome in their jobs. They shoulkd train all of the team that works in concierge.
WELL DONE!!!

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Stayed here twice on our trip to the Grand Canyon. Great location. It is 5 minutes from airport and in the heart of the city. It is only a few blocks from the Arizona Center where we got $2.50 Margheritas from 3-6pm. Also it is near the Saturday Phoenix Public Market. The staff at the hotel were super and the room was very nice. The hotel is Ritz quality at half the price.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

we stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. Although it was beautiful there were many problems. 1, the rooftop pool was closed. 2 the restaurant was closed your birthday celebration had to be in the bar. 3 the towels in this hotel are the roughest but I've ever felt in my life, especially when sunburned. 4 the bathtub drain very slowly. 5 when we complained no 1 offered us anything by way of making us happy with our stay. 6 no 1 called us as they had promised to say when the pool would be open. 7 we did get a call telling us that we were having a very good stay and what did they do to make it better, but that was a voice message. The concierge level is very nice. The servers there are awesome and that and the pool at the Hyatt were the highlights of our day. If this is truly a flagship Marriott, the manager better hustle down to Camelback to see how it's really done.

• Stayed: April 2012
Marty R, General Manager at Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Thank you very much for your feedback and please accept my personal apologies for the opportunities that you experienced. While we would prefer to never close the pool, it does require preventative maintenance at times and I am pleased to hear you were happy with the option we provided as an alternative. Also very happy to hear that you enjoyed our brand new Elevate Club Lounge and service. It is truly one of a kind! I invite you to call me directly at 602-333-5200 to discuss your stay further so that I may personally respond. Thank you and have a wonderful day. Paige Lund, General Manager

Reviewed March 28, 2013

I recently visited the Renaissance Downtown Phoenix for a business meeting at the Convention Center and was exceptionally pleased with the facility (well-kept and recently renovated) and most especially the service personnel. Concierge lounge staff went out of their way to be helpful.
Special thanks to Nick Marchesono in the lost & found deptartment. He not only located a special item I left behind but graciously FedEx'd it to me right way. Thanks Nick!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Marty R, Executive Response Team at Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Thanks so much for your kind words about the staff in Elevate Lounge, and also for Nick. We are so proud of our Ambassadors - each and every one goes above and beyond for our guests. Please come back soon.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

I have to travel to Phoenix every week on business and have stayed in this hotel since January of this year. The staff is extremely friendly and could put a name with my face on only the second visit (a record for hotel staff in my book). The new lounge on the 19th floor is a great place to grab a quick breakfast and the service staff there are some of the most friendly that I have had in all my traveling career. The rooms are pretty standard rooms hotel rooms but are kept very clean by the cleaning crew. The location could not be better to the basketball arena and most of the major offices in the downtown area. Overall a very good hotel to stay at for all your needs.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 18th and 19th floor are the best. Try to avoid the 5th floor unless you want to share a...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for staying with us so often! We appreciate your loyalty and will continue to WOW you with our personal attention! Can't wait to see you again!

Reviewed March 25, 2013

We are just getting ready to check out and wanted to give credit where it's due! We are a Marriott family and travel a lot for work and pleasure. I have always liked this hotel: good staff, great location, good atmosphere...On this visit the customer service went above and beyond. Every request we had (traveling with a 2 year old can be difficult) the front desk took care of without hesitation. Especially the manager on duty, Chad Hall. He helped us with all the little things that add up to make a great stay, but even stepped up further when needed. When my wife realized she left her phone charger at home and the hotel was out of extras, Chad brought us HIS personal charger to use. This type of service doesnt happen everywhere, and was the NORM when working with the staff during this stay! All too often we tend to only report/claim bad service, its more important to point out exceptional service because the folks providing it are the ones who bring back customers like us!

• Stayed: March 2013
Marty R, Executive Response Team at Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Thank you so much for your loyalty to Marriott and to our property! Your encounter with Chad Hall is very typical of what he does for our guests - he is absolutely above and beyond. AND he is a new dad, so I'm sure your 2 year old was giving him an idea of what's in store! Thanks again, and please come back soon!

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I was just in Phoenix for a conference and stayed at the renaissance... the conference hotel. When I arrived to check in (2pm) my room was not yet ready. I was given a $30 credit to my bill and spent a relaxing 45 minutes in the lounge eating a late lunch.
the room was nothing special, but nice. i was not on the executive floor (not sure why as I usually get a room there through my marriott rewards status.)
Food was good, comfortable room. Very friendly and helpful staff. i would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

We are delighted that your stay was enjoyable! Your relaxing, late lunch in ICON Lounge sounds like heaven. What a fantastic place to take a break from it all! Please come back soon!