“A Perfect Downtown Hotel”

Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel
Ranked #13 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I have been staying at this hotel when I attend symphony performances in downtown Phoenix, and have found the hotel experience as pleasurable as the concerts. The lobby is very pleasant, and I enjoy a quick dinner before the performance at the bar or the restaurant. The rooms are very nicely furnished and amazingly quiet. But best of all, the staff is excellent, everyone is very friendly and efficient. It's the best!

Room Tip: The upper floors are very quiet
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Marty R, Executive Response Team at Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Thank you many times over for your loyalty in staying with us when you attend the symphony downtown! It sounds like a perfect night that starts with a stellar cocktail in our ICON lounge, accompanied by a great dinner. Can't wait to see you again!

There are newer reviews for Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel

Reviewed November 26, 2012

The bed was super comfy as we stayed 2 nights here in Oct. I arrived a bit earlier than my friend so I had a snack and a drink at the bar. The hummus plate was pretty good and the margarita was delicious. Restaurants were all walking distance so was the concert hall (we saw Eddie Vedder play). I would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Super comfy beds - that's what I'm talkin' about! It makes your stay in a hotel so much more pleasant, doesn't it? And our hummus plate has just the right amount of garlic to send me to the moon. Hope next time there's a concert in downtown Phoenix that you're coming to see, that you'll stay with us again!

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Stayed over Thanksgiving! The rooms are beautiful and chic! Wonderful, friendly staff, especially Josepha and Geoff at the front desk! The breakfast buffet was delicious and with lots of choices! Thanksgiving dinner served in the bar was a beautiful presentation and very good served by Anna, who was very attentive! Can't say enough about this fine hotel and outstanding employees!

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

How nice that you spent your Thanksgiving holiday with our Renaissance family! AND that you had such a marvelous experience! Thanks for singling out Josepha, Geoff and Anna - they are all wonderful ambassadors and represent us with polite professionalism. Thanks so much!

Reviewed November 22, 2012

I wasn't expecting much in downtown Phoenix. Boy, was I wrong.

I spend a lot of time in the Phoenix area, but not downtown. A convention brought me there, and left me wondering why a lot more conventions are not held in Phoenix. Great weather, easy airport access and -- surprise -- great hotels.

The Renaissance surpassed my expectations. If you're attending a convention, the location can't be beat. Our room was excellent -- great bathroom lighting, generous counter space, nice shower with good water pressure. Everything I like about a hotel room.

Downstairs, they have a great restaurant. When they seat you, they put a timer on your table because their goal is to feed you quickly. I love that. They're totally tuned into the fact that most people who frequent the restaurant have a time requirement. They were prompt, but not at the expense of quality. I thought the food was excellent. We ate breakfast there each morning and it was great -- and I'm kind of fussy about my fruit, cereal and pasty breakfasts.

I'd recommend this hotel for conventions, but also if you need lodging for a Suns or D-backs game. It's very convenient for both.

In addition to the restaurant, the lobby bar was great. We took advantage of that on multiple occasions.

If you stay here, eat at Hanny's across the street. Great spot. Cool old building.

My only complaint about this hotel would be the wireless Internet. It's available for free only in the lobby.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Woo Hoo! Sounds like we knocked this one out of the park! I love the timer's we use in Marston's Cafe too - it's such a novel idea, and it works really well! We hope now that you know how cool downtown Phoenix is, that you'll spend more time here. Thanks so much!

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I stayed at the Renaissance Phoenix for a conference. The hotel was wonderful. The lobby and the rooms were clean and attractive. The restaurants had good food, and the people were all terrific. The people were the most friendly and helpful I have encountered in a hotel.

Just before I came to the Renaissance Phoenix for a conference, I had hurt my knee badly, and so I was not my normal optimistic self. I was also traveling alone. Floyd Jones went out of his way to be friendly and helpful, always with a smile and just the right advice. He really made a difference in how my outlook and in the quality of my stay. He stood out among a staff that was generally above average.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

So sorry about your knee, I hope you're recovering well. Yes, our Floyd can brighten anyone's day, and I'm delighted he was able to help with your outlook. We certainly hope you stay with us again the next time you visit Phoenix!

Reviewed November 19, 2012

I stayed here with a group of girlfriends for our birthday and found that the Renaissance Downtown Phoenix exceeded our expectations! The front desk agent (Josepha) was super nice and helpful! She sent up an amenity to celebrate our birthdays. The room was very chic and I LOVED the window seat.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a renovated room with a view of the north side.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kendra B

Happy belated birthday! Sounds like you all had a delightful time, and what a nice surprise for Josepha to send up an amenity for your celebration! Please come back next year!

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I stayed there two nights for conference. The hotel is really clean and beautiful with a great atmosphere. The staff, everyone there was really helpful and attentive. The room was decent, comfortable beds, and large wash basin. I'll stay there again, definitely.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Marty R, Executive Response Team at Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

We're so glad you stayed with us during your conference in Phoenix. I certainly hope you'll come back again so we can continue to 'wow' you!