“One of the Best”

Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel
Ranked #16 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed August 29, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed here twice and Iove this place. It easily meets all the high standards of a Marriott property. Elegant lobby and spanking clean room. What makes this hotel a standout is the staff. You can hardly walk 10 feet without someone courteously checking to see if you need anything and if your stay is going well. Really remarkable people, who are obviously trained to honor their guests. Breakfast buffet is lavish and here, too, the staff is wonderful, learning and addressing you on a first name basis. There isn't a proper concierge lounge but platinum members at least get a complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank Donnmein
Marty R, Executive Response Team at Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

We are absolutely tickled pink that our Ambassadors impressed you so much! They are the best in the business without a doubt! You mentioned our concierge lounge - the one you experienced is indeed a temporary lounge. We are under construction at this moment on the 19th floor, creating an unprecedented Chic Lounge that is slated to open at the end of 2012. Within the current lounge, is a set of architectural renderings of what the new Chic Lounge will look like. Please come back and see us again and join us in our new Lounge!

Reviewed August 22, 2012

This was our first time to Phoenix - went for Celebration 2012 which was our company's 10 year anniversary! We were there for a week and the convention was 4 days - perfect walking distance to the Convention Centre!

Staff were amazing! Very friendly and very accommodating! The hotel's lobby area is really cool and you feel so relaxed and welcomed every time you walk in the door.

Our hotel room was great! Loved the fact that the bathroom area was laid out so that one person could be in having a shower or sitting on the "throne" while other person could put on their makeup (grin - I shared a room with another female IsaPeep!) blow dry their hair, brush their teeth, etc! Great time saver!

The room was very spacious and it was the first time that I have ever had a room that high up! The 16th floor!

I would definitely stay there again! The only thing that I would love to see changed was complimentary wi-fi in the rooms and not just in the lobby or basement Business Centre. I had brought my laptop to do extra work on, and because I was sharing the room, didnt feel right about adding the extra cost on to our room.

Kudo's to all the staff members who made out stay great! Special shout out to Geoffrey, Albert, and the awesome valet parking crew!

Room Tip: Higher up the better! Better view of the city and alot less noise!
2  Thank CaseyJ62
Marty R, Executive Response Team at Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

We're glad your first trip to Phoenix was so memorable and that the Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel played a part! Our lobby is definitely cool and the ICON Lounge is hopping in the evenings with the best happy hour in town! Thanks for staying with us, and we're glad you're coming back!

Reviewed August 15, 2012

We recently stayed at the Renaissance for our anniversary where we felt like we were treated like VIPs. It started at check in when the tall blue eyed employee at the desk (I wish remembered his name) asked us why we stayed there, saying it was our anniversary, he upgraded us to a beautiful suite on the 16th floor that had amazing views!! Not only did we receive the upgrade but about an hour later we got a hand written note signed by all the hotel employees saying happy anniversary complete with a bottle of wine and cheese and crackers all just because it was our anniversary. After that every staff member continued to impress and I have to say not only will I be staying at this hotel every time I come to phoenix but will be looking for renaissance brands everywhere I go. They really know how to treat their guests!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Shelly M
Marty R, Executive Response Team at Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

Happy belated anniversary! How cool that our staff took such great care of you while you were here to celebrate your special day! The tall blue eyed employee is our ever popular TJ Herman - it's fantastic that he gave you an upgrade to a suite and sent along an amentity tray with wine and cheese. We're so glad you chose the Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel!

Reviewed August 14, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel a couple of times when it was The Wyndham! I LOVE this place. Even if ere is something wrong with my room etc., they have always made it right! Rhonda who works in the bar are is such a sweetie! I would highly recommend this hotel!
Stephanie J.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Sljohn411
Marty R, Executive Response Team at Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

We just love loyal discoverers like you! That's our goal - to have every single guest return again and again! Rhonda is indeed a peach, isn't she? She's been with us for 37 years - oh the stories she can tell! Thanks so much and we'll see you soon!

Reviewed August 12, 2012

As a professional who travels often, I found this hotel to be one of the best experiences in many years. The price was too low for this type of hotel. The staff made it a five star in my book because every single staff member expressed their concern for your well-being and satisfaction. This reminds me of days gone by when people really cared about their work..........these people do care and I will stay at this hotel every time I visit Phoenix even if the price were to double. A wonderful experience!

Kent Knight
Midland, Texas.

2  Thank Kent K

Many thanks for your exceptional kudos to our Ambassadors! You're absolutely correct that each and every staff member cares deeply about their work and about our discoverers. Going above and beyond comes naturally to all of us and it gives us pleasure to see when our efforts are recognized by experienced travellers like you. Can't wait to see you again!

Reviewed August 8, 2012

I stayed here one night before an early morning flight out of the airport. The hotel is surprisingly close to the airport, but without all the noise of planes taking off. I had a Jr. Suite on the 18th floor, and it was very quiet, with plush furnishings and high-quality amenities. Wi-fi was not free, but the connection was excellent. Check-in at the front desk took about one minute and was efficient and courteous. Valet parking was quick and friendly, and everyone was eager to assist with anything I needed. I spent a little time at the pool in the afternoon, and it was clean, cool, and refreshing. I will definitely return the next time I am in Phoenix. Highly recommended hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank NativeTexan61
Marty R, Executive Response Team at Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

Thanks so much for the rave review! What a perfect time of year to enjoy our fantastic pool on the 5th floor, overlooking downtown Phoenix. Our location is indeed very convenient to the airport. I'm glad your check and valet experiences were seamless - we have the best team around! Please come back soon!

Reviewed August 6, 2012

What a wonderful experience at the Renaissance Phoenix Downtown! From the moment we arrived the service was fantastic, the facility was beautiful and clean and everyone was hospitable and welcoming. The Doorman/Navigator, Floyd was extremely attentive to our needs each day and even addressed us by name. Kyle from Loss Prevention was equally friendly, helpful and genuine. He helped load our luggage, assisted Floyd with securing our vehicle for our departure date, delivered our drinks to the pool, helped us to pack boxes to take home...he truly went above and beyond to ensure that our stay at the Renaissance was enjoyable. Sue and Shelby at the front desk greeted us with a smile each morning and made check-in/check-out a breeze. When we attend Gold Canyon's annual convention next year I will be staying there and I know that my team will be as well : ) Great job - see you all next August!!

2  Thank Samantha V
Marty R, Executive Response Team at Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Wow! We are ecstatic that your stay with us was so terrific! Our ambassador team consistently goes above and beyond to make sure our Discoverers have what they need to enjoy their time with us. Floyd and Kyle make quite the tag team! Sue and Shelby at our Reception Desk will always greet you with a smile and have you walking away with one too!