“Had to see the restaurant having the tortillas”

Carolina's Mexican Food
Ranked #322 of 3,086 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Neighborhood: Paradise Valley
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Had to see the restaurant having the tortillas”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We have some good friends who always get Carolina's tortillas and have had us over to their house for Mexican several times. We finally decided to go try the restaurant - very good. It is a counter service restaurant - somehow I had it in my head that they would have margaritas but no dice. They do have agua frescas though which my kids like.

• Visited June 2013

Los Angeles, California, USA
“Just OK for me”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I was so excited to try Carolina's after all the great reviews. Prices are average, and food is OK. Nothing special. I had the chicken enchiladas.

• Visited May 2013
“You Won't Regret It!”
Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Best Mexican food I've ever had. People were friendly and helpful. Hear about this place from our hotel. I'm glad we went. Even the customers were excited and eager to help us find good things to order. I would like to visit this place again. Please check it out if you enjoy Mexican food. You won't be disappointed. We went just before lunchtime and was able to order quickly. Within minutes there was a line out the door. It's a very popular spot.

• Visited May 2013
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
“So good there are lines out the door!”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Carolina's doesn't have a lot of frills - you order your food at a counter and the choices are pretty basic - but it's my favorite Mexican restaurant because the food is authentic and delicious. I've seen lines out the door on many occasions so I'm obviously not the only one who loves this place! The flour tortillas are always fresh - warm and thin and slightly stretchy. The enchilada sauce is dark and rich. The guacamole has nice big chunks of avocado, tomato, and pepper. The salsa is less chunky - more like a hot sauce - and it's completely addictive. The chips, the tacos, the tostadas, the enchiladas, the green tamales, the burros... I can't say enough good things about the food! The service is also top-notch. The staff is friendly, gets food out quickly, and don't seem to make mistakes. I've been going there at least once a week since the Cactus location opened and they have never mixed up one of my orders. Last but not least, the prices are awesome. GO!!

• Visited April 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
“OK for a quick lunch”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

This is a popular place and always packed at lunch time. The food is OK, there are better Mexican Restaurants around. The atmosphere is average. It's an OK place to get a quick lunch but be prepared for a large crowd. The food here is not expensive, so it's popular, and for the price it's OK.

• Visited July 2012