“Questionable”

A Victory Inn & Suites Phoenix North
Ranked #156 of 175 Hotels in Phoenix
“Questionable”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

So I stayed here with my hubby after working a graveyard shift and he had just drove all night. Needless to say we were very tired and wanted to sleep. We we able to check in at 6am for a $25 fee. Girl at the desk was nice but seemed like she was on something, everyone we came in contact with seemed to be on drugs. We stuck to our selves, the room wasnt bad it was clean and acceptable. I however will probably not return because of the drug addicted people all around the property.

Room Tip: Look for another hotel!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Henderson, Nevada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

then don't say anything. BUT other families might fall into the same misfortune if no one shares their true experience at this lodging facility. I reserved a block of rooms for our baseball team during a 4-day tournament in the Phoenix area. My family arrived on the second day and these are the comments I heard when I asked how the hotel was. "My son was propositioned by a hooker in the lobby." "There was a homeless guy sleeping at the bottom of the stairs." "We feel unsafe." "They gave us the wrong room and charged my credit card for the room we were suppose to get." "The sheets on the bed look like it has not been changed! Eewh!" "The TV and remote don't work!" And for me and my family? We stayed in one of their family suites. It has 1 bathroom which was located inside the master bedroom. Imagine that! On Thursday (the first night), my husband found a strand of hair that was not ours when he pulled the bed sheets. I felt itchy all night. We were so tired but my husband did not get enough sleep and stayed vigilant so that my son and I could get some sleep. The next day (Friday), I spoke with John Fontana, the manager for the hotel - not because of my stay experience but for one of our teammate's families who has a special needs child. They reserved and was charged for a family suit but that's not what they got. Moving them to another room was more difficult because of their special needs child but at least they (the hotel staff) could do something to make the family's stay a little better. Their room was next to ours. Saturday afternoon, when we returned to the hotel, our room was "cleaned" as usual but next door, their room was not cleaned at all. I went to see the manager and I told him that it did not make sense that my room was cleaned but not the next door where our friends (that I spoke to him about) were staying. We had one more night paid for but we all decided to check out that day. Bottomline, this facility is a horrible place to stay. If you are looking for a restful place to stay, this is definitely not one I would recommend. If you're a hooker or a drug pusher and user, this may be the perfect place for your business. When one of our families were was approached by a patrol cop and asked how our stay was, they told them about the hookers and the drugs... the cops' response was "we don't even get out of the car when we patrol this area."

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank R D
Napavine, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

I made a reservation. Cancelled 2 hours later with front desk. They said they would pass it on to John the Sales Mgr. I looked at credit card bill and was charged for the room. I did not use the reservation and feel that I should not be charged or at least given a refund. But noooooooooo.. They do not honor their cancellation policy. My turnaround time was 2 hours, not even close to 24.

The front desk has failed to pass on 2 or 3 messages to however they say has to be talked to about this.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Bedford, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

The property is next to a chase bank and basically in the parking lot of QT, which is very convenient since their soda and ice machines don't work and somehow the manager cant manage to find time in his very busy schedule of sitting down, to get quarters for the laundry.
The "breakfast included" contains EXTREMELY over-cooked eggs (that look moldy) and stale breads (mini donuts, bagels and breads), they do have a waffle maker though. But no fruit or yogurts, which to me would be a lot easier to supply.

The room...well the bathroom is fairly nice, upgraded and always cleaned. But the toilet continues to run and fills to the brim.
When we arrived, I turned down my sheets & comforter-- which had rather nasty mystery stains on them-- and found a little present in the form of a nose ring/pin, which I can only assume belonged to the housekeeper.

The manager is a sleezball, who pretty much admitted to wanting to watch me swim in the pool, his exact words in reference being "I'd be like, 'yeah, swim like that girl!'". It throw-up in my mouth a little, and not only because he is disgusting.
If you ask him to do anything that should already have been done, like get quarters for the laundry or open the pool at 8am, not 8:30, he will make excuses about how busy he is because he had to get up so early b/c he lives so far away and had to study because he's going to university. blah blah.

The overall property, is dirty and disgusting and clearly is not cared for properly. If it was on Hotel Nightmares, it would probably be their worst episode!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank kristi m
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

The company I work for uses this hotel on a nearly weekly basis. In the few months I have been with this group, fellow employees have had roughly $1,000 worth of combined goods (including a wallet) stolen from their rooms while we were out on a job. When pressed to do ANYTHING, the man at the front desk (whom I later discovered was their maintenance man) flatly refused to help, stating that he didn't care if it was $300 or $3,000, he would do anything and that it COULDN'T have been anyone involved in the hotel.

The morning after the most recent theft the women who was robbed called the front desk and explicitly stated she DID NOT want cleaning services BECAUSE she didn't trust the staff. After we returned five hours later, she found that her wishes had either been ignored or simply not communicated. The most insulting part was that the cleaning staff DID NOT clean the room; they only made the beds.

When she confronted the head of the cleaning staff, the head point blank asked the woman who cleaned her room the day of the theft if she'd stolen anything or seen anything strange as though she honestly expected her to say ANYTHING other than "no, I didn't".

If she had not continued going over people to the next level of management, no one would have done anything what-so-ever. As it stands, she had to contact the owners and operators of this hotel who assured her they would conduct an investigation and replace her stolen goods.

My experiences with this hotel have largely been terrible and I CANNOT overstate the importance of finding virtually ANYTHING else. If my employers are unwilling to find us another hotel, I'm going to find different employers.

Room Tip: - Choose another hotel - Do NOT leave valuables unattended in your room or your vehicle(s) - Choos...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

Made a reservation and cancelled the next day within their 24 policy. Reservation clerk was unable to give me a cancellation number as computer was mal functioning or whatever. She assured me she would take care of it as soon as someone could help her. Of course was not done. I was charged a month later on my credit card, called hotel and spoke with Jim (manager that would not give his last name - odd) he said he would check with the two people it showed opened my record. Of course he did not and did not even care to help me. It was obvious I cancelled, why was the record opened twice on two different days? He would not help and was so rude and just plain dishonest. Anyway after two months of disputing with my CC they believed me and issured my credit, however I believe these crooks got their money as well. Thank you credit card company, screw you Victory Inn. Do not give these incredibly dishonest people the pleasure of your company because it will not be appreciated and you will get screwed someway or another. After reading the reviews I guess I am very glad that my plans changed and did not have to stay in this dump!!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Denise S
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed recently mainly because we wanted a good value with a pool for an overnighter. The room was pleasantly surprising. Comfortable king bed with microwave and mini fridge.
However, when we went to the pool are we were told by the maintenance staff that they turn off the heat to the pool and jacuzzi April 1. The water temp was 60 degrees totally unusable.
Very disappointing. Other guests in the pool area shared our opinion.

• Stayed April 2012