“Great Location & Service”

Best Western InnSuites Phoenix Hotel & Suites
Ranked #38 of 173 Hotels in Phoenix
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 23, 2013

This hotel has a great central Phoenix location. Close to the Biltmore area, I-17, Scottsdale, etc. My room was clean and the bed was comfortable. I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good and it was served until 10:00 AM which was nice since I was on vacation. Given the room rate was less than $100 in March it was a great value. I will definitely be back next March.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
mila s, Front Office Manager at Best Western InnSuites Phoenix Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to start off by thanking you for taking the time to complete your review of our location. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with. We get compliments on our beds and full hot buffett breakfast all the time. We hope to see you again. Once again thank you for your comments.

Kind regards,

Write a ReviewReviews (1,041)

Reviewed March 19, 2013

The good: Liked that our suite had two full bathrooms and comfortable pillow-top beds. The free breakfast and happy hour was a bonus. The staff was very nice and we were always greeted by the housekeeping (more about that later). The hotel has easy access to the freeway and is about a 15 minute drive to downtown Phoenix.

The bad: The suite had a damp smell when we first checked in, we aired it out and it was fine after that. Our room was close to the housekeeping laundry room and everyday there were big mounds of dirty linen and bins near the stairwell and pathway. However, the housekeeping was friendly, although I felt bad that I was in their way.

Bottom line...this hotel was decent for the cost.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
mila s, Front Office Manager at Best Western InnSuites Phoenix Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments on our location. I receive alot of compliments on our larger suites. I do apologize for your comments on the room smelling musky and the location of your room as well. I do hope you will return to our location.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

I stayed here for about a week and it was pretty good. Rooms are one bedroom suites, and have microwaves and refrigerators. Although in my suite the fridge was either a freezer or nothing because i could not find a setting that would keep things just cold. Either my drinks froze or stayed warm and throughout the week i tried every setting. The rooms were comfortable enough by Best Western standards. However, you can hear everything outside and since it is all exterior corridors the noises can vary between rolling bags at 5am, screaming kids at the pool all day until 10pm and the noisy crowd from 10pm onward. The reason i chose this place was because after attending to personal affairs in the morning I like to go out hiking. While there is no shortage of hotels with great on site hiking in PHX, this one had an incredible rate, free parking, free internet and offered me (in today's world) a rare smoking room (unfortunatley the only one they had faced the noisy pool). Moreover, it was a ten minute walk to Dramy Draw park which has some very good hiking trails with few people. I would stay there again, albeit away from the pool.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that DOES NOT face the pool unless you like the sound of screaming kids
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear valued Guest,

Thank You for taking the time to do a review of our location. I do apologize for the noise issues you had during your stay. March happens to be the busiest month out of the whole year. I woulld definatley agree with you on the Dreamy Draw Preserve. It is beautiful and has some really great hiking trails. Once again i would like to thank you for your comments and hope to have you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Just because they put a microwave and small fridge in a motel room, it is not a suite. This place was dark and dank, and the overwhelming odor of mold and cat urine (good news! they allow pets!) was impossible to ignore, and there was no way to air out of the room.
When we arrived, the desk clerk waved in the direction of the pool and said our room "looked over the pool", but in fact it was in a lightless passage, looking onto a blank wall. The people who had "poolside" rooms had it no better. This is one of those motels where the window and door open onto an outdoor corridor, so people are walking by - you can't leave your window open if you want quiet or privacy or security. So you're stuck in a dank cave with blackout curtains. The walls are thin, so we listened to the snores of the guy in the next room.
The only plus was that the place appeared clean (but that odor!) and the furnishings newish enough. But don't be fooled - this is still a mid-small motel room, not a suite. The pool did look nice, but it was overrun by kids, so we didn't benefit from that.
I don't expect much of those included breakfasts, and this place was pretty bad - fake eggs, evil-looking sausage gravy, the familiar make-your-own waffle machine, etc. We were able to find a banana and an orange, but that was it - everything else was really unhealthy processed food.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 6, 2013

On our travels in Phoenix, we fully expected something good! Clearly not. The first morning we went down to breakfast we discovered that they did not have lids for a coffee cup, interesting. I thought the eggs we powdered and under cooked, the sausage was interesting and the country gravy was old and odd looking. Even though we had a complimentary breakfast offer, the next two days we ate out instead. The beds were very hard to sleep in. Although the last day in Phoenix we went down to the pool area and found that the pool was very refreshing and well heated for an outdoor pool. The hot-tub was nice other than you have to doge cactus to get to the area where you turn on the hot-tubs jets. Out of the 5 hotels we stayed at during our trip, this one was bye far the worst one. I would never ever recommend this hotel to anyone, oh, and I forgot to mention that in our bathroom there was a piece of dog food. DO NOT ENTER THAT HOTEL!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Dear Vauled GUest,

Let me start off my apologizing for not exceeding your expectations. We always strive to get 100% guest satisfaction. I'm really sorry that you did not enjoy our breakfast. I wish you would have spoke to myself or the general manager during your stay. I would like to have the oppurtunity to rectify your complaint. I will forward your comments to the correct departments to try to ensure that we get thee issues with breakfast corrected. Once again my sincerest apologies.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Had a great time at the annual Arabian horse show at Westworld. It's a two week show and we were there for 10 days - showing and helping other exhibitors. The Best Western on Northern Ave was a great location - though it was about a 25 minute drive to the show, the price and quality of the room made it worth it. We've done the $60 per night places before - and weren't happy. This room was clean, spacious, quiet and we had we been able to stay longer in the mornings - had a breakfast available. We'll be back next year.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
mila s, Front Office Manager at Best Western InnSuites Phoenix Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Dear Best Western Traveler:

I would like to thank you for such a kind review. I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay and time here in the valley of the sun. I receive alot of travelers for the horse show. We have such a variety of room types to accomodate all kinds of travel. I really hope to see you again next year when the Arabien horse show returns. Once again thank you!

Kind Regards,