“just ok”

Bell Hotel Inn & Suites
Ranked #148 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed March 12, 2010

This hotel was a bit disappointing. Based on reviews in this forum we spent two nights here to take in some Cactus league games. The location was convenient. No problem checking in, the room (a suite) was very large: actually two normal rooms with two bathrooms, two TV's, small fridge. King beds huge and comfortable.

There were some problems. Two lights in the room did not work, one shower did not work, and the rooms, while certainly not really dirty, were not as clean as one might hope. Neither bathroom had tissues. There were a couple of small pieces of TP in one bathroom floor, a bottle cap on the floor in the bathroom, and the last occupant's cell phone charger was still plugged in.

The room was quiet except for late night partying by a group by the pool just outside our window. A/C and heat worked fine. This room was away from the freeway had no freeway noise. The breakfast was standard fare for a hotel in this class.

Part of the problem here may be that new owners are not up to speed, but in any event I'll probably look elsewhere next trip.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed February 23, 2010

Had an accident on the way to Phoenix and the lead member of our Marine Motorcycle Club was airlifted to Phoenix with injuries. Remaining members were unable to make it to this hotel and then found out that even though one of our Marine brothers had contacted them once he knew the situation of the accident...they refused to not charge the entire amount of one nights stay for 5 rooms. Thank you Bell Hotel for not caring and taking the $224.65 from our brother Marine. I'm sure you rebooked the rooms and made a little extra cash on the backs of these Veterans!!! I wouldn't recommend this hotel to any Vet!!!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Hooch22
Reviewed February 16, 2010

I was there 2 times this year. unfortunately, the last time I forgot a personal item, after
many calls to The Manager, I have been unable to get item shipped to me. Can some one else Help ? ? ?

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank hugo38
Reviewed February 2, 2010

Stayed here for 3 nights, was looking forward to it with the good reivews, but we had a completely different experience. The palce was rundown. No snacks except stale popcorn in the lobby. Our room was very dirty, black hairs on the blankets, danky smell, Put water through the coffee maker for tea adn it came out brown, toilet had urine on it, bathrrom sink faucets were dirty, no bath mat in the bathroom, etc etc.. We are not clean freaks by any means, but this place was pretty shabby and divey. You sign a waiver that you wnt' smoke int eh room, but the peopel inteh roomnext to use, regularly were coming out of hteir room with a lit cigarette in hand. We listened to them party until the wee hours. Breakfast was basic, no sausages, but they did have waffles. Pool was nice, but spa was closed. They have a bbq by the pool, but who wants to eat in a smelly dark room with no utensils or plates? Next time we'll stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank gottatravelVancouver
Reviewed July 20, 2009

My fiance and I stayed here for one night in early June and again in mid July. This has become "our" motel. We found the staff helpful and curtious, the room was clean and well furnished (including a microwave, refidgerator, flatscreen TV and new coffee machine). Most of all the location really appeals to us. The overall landscaping is very nice. We live in Phoenix and were quite surprised to find trees and green grass. The pool and jacuzzi are amazing at night. The location provides privacy and quiet, yet still very close to dining and night life, something rather hard to find in Phoenix. I would recommend this establishment to couples for a "staycation".The price is unbeatable for the location and amenities provided. We had a wonderfully memorable stay here and plan to return soon.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kilrblue
Reviewed October 1, 2008

I have stayed at the Hotel a few times usually around the holidays and plan to again very soon. They are no longer a Best Western, which its about time because I disliked other BW I stayed at. This Hotel is clean and has some awesome ammenities. Great breakfast in the mornings and snacks all day long. Loved the free wireless internet that even worked pool side.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank metal02
Reviewed August 10, 2008

I loved this hotel. I was in Phoenix on business and had my husband and daughter and dog with me. They ate sausage and waffles for breakfast, kept busy at the heated pool and spa all afternoon, had cookies, popcorn and coffee in the late afternoon in the lobby and walked the dog on the grounds of the hotel. Our room was very clean and comfortable and I loved the pillow top mattresses. Because I didn't know my way around Phoenix the staff very kindly gave me directions. Overall this was a really geat experience and I plan to return soon.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)