“Manager can not perform her duties as expected”

Bell Hotel Inn & Suites
Ranked #146 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Fredericksburg
“Manager can not perform her duties as expected”
Reviewed February 16, 2010

I was there 2 times this year. unfortunately, the last time I forgot a personal item, after
many calls to The Manager, I have been unable to get item shipped to me. Can some one else Help ? ? ?

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank hugo38

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
vancouver
Reviewed February 2, 2010

Stayed here for 3 nights, was looking forward to it with the good reivews, but we had a completely different experience. The palce was rundown. No snacks except stale popcorn in the lobby. Our room was very dirty, black hairs on the blankets, danky smell, Put water through the coffee maker for tea adn it came out brown, toilet had urine on it, bathrrom sink faucets were dirty, no bath mat in the bathroom, etc etc.. We are not clean freaks by any means, but this place was pretty shabby and divey. You sign a waiver that you wnt' smoke int eh room, but the peopel inteh roomnext to use, regularly were coming out of hteir room with a lit cigarette in hand. We listened to them party until the wee hours. Breakfast was basic, no sausages, but they did have waffles. Pool was nice, but spa was closed. They have a bbq by the pool, but who wants to eat in a smelly dark room with no utensils or plates? Next time we'll stay somewhere else.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank gottatravelVancouver
Phoenix, Az
Reviewed July 20, 2009

My fiance and I stayed here for one night in early June and again in mid July. This has become "our" motel. We found the staff helpful and curtious, the room was clean and well furnished (including a microwave, refidgerator, flatscreen TV and new coffee machine). Most of all the location really appeals to us. The overall landscaping is very nice. We live in Phoenix and were quite surprised to find trees and green grass. The pool and jacuzzi are amazing at night. The location provides privacy and quiet, yet still very close to dining and night life, something rather hard to find in Phoenix. I would recommend this establishment to couples for a "staycation".The price is unbeatable for the location and amenities provided. We had a wonderfully memorable stay here and plan to return soon.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kilrblue
metal02
Reviewed October 1, 2008

I have stayed at the Hotel a few times usually around the holidays and plan to again very soon. They are no longer a Best Western, which its about time because I disliked other BW I stayed at. This Hotel is clean and has some awesome ammenities. Great breakfast in the mornings and snacks all day long. Loved the free wireless internet that even worked pool side.

• Liked — Feather top mattress
  • Disliked — Phoenix weather
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank metal02
san diego
Reviewed August 10, 2008

I loved this hotel. I was in Phoenix on business and had my husband and daughter and dog with me. They ate sausage and waffles for breakfast, kept busy at the heated pool and spa all afternoon, had cookies, popcorn and coffee in the late afternoon in the lobby and walked the dog on the grounds of the hotel. Our room was very clean and comfortable and I loved the pillow top mattresses. Because I didn't know my way around Phoenix the staff very kindly gave me directions. Overall this was a really geat experience and I plan to return soon.

• Liked — fI liked the ree popcorn in the lobby and pillowtop mattress, daughter liked to pool, husband liked the free cookies!
  • Disliked — Hotel is located off the frontage road beside the I17 freeway - it's a little tricky to get to.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
phoenix
Reviewed June 4, 2008

I stayed at this hotel. I wanted to changed rooms because of smoking preference and the phone was not working. They said I had to change rooms immediately and give me no time to pack my stuff. I need more time. Instead of giving me more time they told me I had to leave. They called the police and I was escorted out. My stuff was left outside the door. My friend came to grab it and the security guard grabbed my stuff and threw it at my friend's face. They staff isrude and they dont respect you or your property.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled solo
1 Thank pin_dizzle
California
Reviewed May 23, 2008

We arrived after dark and after a long drive, staying only because it was freeway close. This location is near an industrial community and has very few local ammenities which would have been a turnoff had we the time to drive around and survey the immediate area. Our first disturbing encounter was at around 10:00 pm. We were doing a load of laundry and 2-3 tough looking guys drinking beer began banging on the glass security door and asking my wife to "open the door." She fled in the opposite direction and we did the laundry the following day. Early the next morning while preparing to leave, I noticed at least one vehicle up on jacks and the motor being overhauled. Around the near corner of the building, they had rented out a room to some temporary employment agency who was interviewing quite a few day laborers. And finally, a van was parked in the far corner and picked up a few "shady ladies" that appeared to have spent the night. After this experience, I can not recommend this location to a travelling family. To repeat another from review... "The room smelled somewhat musty and moldy, and the external hallways in the vicinity of my room were in disrepair with large gaps, and insulation and nails, being visible from the ceiling... I think this is a medium level economy hotel", and worthy of a medium level ranking at the very best.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
3 Thank JustVisitin
JCmanager, Manager at Bell Hotel Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 27, 2008
The property discribed above is not The Bell Hotel. The Bell Hotel is located in a quiet, Northern Phoenix location along the I17 corridor, with nearby restaraunts, movie theaters and businesses. It is not located in an industrial area. The Laundry room does not have a glass security door and and there are no gaps in our ceilings. The Bell Hotel is a safe, secure place to stay, with a friendly helpful staff.