“March 2013 Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #67 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
London, Canada
“March 2013 Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

Stayed again at this hotel as my flight came in late to Phoenix, I usually stay on the other end going out. Pick-up at the airport was quick and easy. Staff at this hotel are always helpful and friendly. My room this time was on the second floor, staff took my luggage up to my room for me which was great as there are no elevators. The room was fine, but the carpet must have just been cleaned or sprayed as it was "sticky" on barefeet. Otherwise another good stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: If you have heavy luggage, request a room on the main floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Griselda M, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Airport Inn, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We apologize for the carpet and have notified our housekeeping department to inspect the carpets in all rooms and public areas. We hope to see you again very soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

We stayed there because of an early flight out of Sky Harbour. The staff at the front desk was very helpful (I always ask for a first name so that I converse on a first name basis). Great location, even walked back there after dropping off a rental car. A convenient restaurant is attached to the hotel. Relatively average accommodations, but for a 1 night stay my wife and I were pleased.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dallas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

This is a very old, well used property. Clean but not sparkling. Front counter service was sufficient and accommodating. The restaurant next door, the Rhodehouse, was below average in regards to food. Fried chicken strips (seemed safe) were overcooked in old grease. The man sitting next to me had a burnt hamburger. I would stay here again if I need quick access to the airport (but there are other, nicer options)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Martinez, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

Other reviews say this hotel is quiet. Considering the fact that the hotel is right next to the freeway, which is right next to the Phoenix Airport tarmac, "quiet" is not a word I would use to describe the hotel.
The hotel itself is fine enough. The spa was not warm, my room wasn't cleaned for two days in a row and housekeeping kept forgetting to leave me clean towels and coffee for the next morning, so the staff at the front desk probably got tired of seeing me. The restaurant was nice ~ loved watching baseball on all of the tv's in the lounge ~ and the food was pretty good.
So, all in all, it was average. I wouldn't make it a point to stay there again, though.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Leominster, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here because liked that there is a restaurant attached. We had stayed here years ago. At check-in, my reservation clearly showed I reserved a room with 2 queen beds - even had a print-out. But I was told that they didn't have that; I would have to take a room with 2 double beds. I was not happy and was offered 10% off. It was a smart move, but what is the point of booking a specific kind of room? Later, I tried to print out boarding passes on one of their two computers and found that the ink was out; they printed blank. I asked for help at the front desk. Someone came over, but she couldn't help and said she'd find out if they had any cartridges. Never saw her again. Finally, I tried it at the 2nd computer and was able to print it out, no thanks to her. Then we ate at the restaurant. Service was good, Chicken Caesar salad was not. My husband had turkey club which was very good. This hotel is a bit costlier than many others and for me, not worth the extra cost.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay with us. We apologize for not meeting your expectations. Your comments allow us to focus on improvements. We hope to see you again soon!
Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

I wanted a reasonably priced hotel close to the airport, with shuttle service and that is what I got. Check in was quick and easy. I was placed in a room on the second floor but very quickly offered the services of a gentleman to help with my luggage. He made sure I knew I could call for assistance in the morning also. Shuttle services were also explained and arranged when I checked in. I did notice, according to the information in the room, that the on site restaurant would not be open at the time I would be leaving but the hotel did have a large bowl of fruit on the counter and coffee on for the guests. Although I tend to be a light sleeper, the airplanes did not bother me but if they had, why would I complain? After all, I wanted accommodations close to the airport. Airports have planes that often fly at night!!!

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank OntarioSam
Thank you very much for your feedback. We're glad to hear you had a pleasant stay with us and hope you select our hotel to host your next Phoenix stay.
Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

Easy to locate and close to I10 a very convenient stopover the night before the flight. The hotel has a hotel section adjacent to the lobby then the other 3 sides are motel style with a swimming pool in the middle. Check in was fine and receptionists were friendly. The motel part only had stairs up to the second level but to get to our 2nd floor motel room it would have been possible to take the hotel elevator to the 2nd floor then walk round to the motel part. The corridors in the hotel section were rather dull and would benefit from upgrading. Our room, in the motel part, was a good size although again a little dull. As mentioned in previous reviews, the hotel is close to I10 and the flight path so airplane noise is a factor but luckily didn't keep us awake. The hotel was a little pricey for what it was but it was only a few minutes to get to Terminal 2 so I think it must be the closest hotel to the airport. The hotel also has an independent restaurant where we had dinner which was pretty good with excellent service. Free coffee was available in the lobby but only till 7am and there were no complimentary newspapers when we went to the lobby at 8:30. The airport shuttle runs every 30 minutes from the hotel. On arrival at the airport you should call the hotel on the courtesy phone then they will pick you up on the next scheduled bus so you may have to wait up to 30 minutes. For the convenience I would probably stay here again but request a room further away from I10 and the airport.

Room Tip: Ask for a room furthest from the highway.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments about your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon.