“A real treat for the weary business traveler”

Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix North Happy Valley
Ranked #37 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Boulder, Colorado
“A real treat for the weary business traveler”
Reviewed October 11, 2009

I have tried a number of hotels in the Phoenix area, but this one was by far the nicest and the best value for the money. It is a big of a drive to get downtown, but I found that the extra time in traffic was well worth it. It was a really comfy oasis for me at the end of each busy day. Probably one of the most comfortable hotel beds I've ever slept in. A very nice restaurant and bar, and a lovely outdoor patio with fire pit. Lots of restaurants and shopping right nearby. I'd recommend a short drive north to Cave Creek - there are lots of eclectic restaurants and shops along the main street of this little town.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
california
Reviewed October 2, 2009

I was there with my family, we occupied approx. 10 rooms, the "manager" was rude, un mannerly, impolite. She raised her voice several times to me and my family members when we wer trying to address a problem with our bills. I would not recommed this hotel to ANYONE, due to the staff. But otherwise a nice, clean hotel. get rid of her and it would be a "5" STAR!!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed February 23, 2009

We were in Phoenix for a weekend for our daughters' sporting event. My husband came across this facility, and based on photos and reviews we decided to book this hotel. We were beyond pleased with our stay. The room were extremely clean. (Even felt clean enough to walk around without shoes on, that's saying A LOT)......The bathroom was spotless. Nice added touches was delicious refreshing drinking water with a hint of orange......upon entry to front desk..Also, oatmeal cookies, Yummmm....In the evening they had a courtyard that had a nice fire under the stars.....We highly recommend this place! And would stay here again.....

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
Richmond, VA
Reviewed January 19, 2009

Good:
- Very New and Clean
- Swanky Modern Design (allot of nice touches)
- Okay Gym
- When I stayed I had a really good rate for what I got (I noticed in Jan '09 rates are up, not quite the value it once was)
- Hotel Restaurant is decent but over priced (par for the course)
- Complementary fresh baked cookies at the front desk will kill your diet

Bad:
- No Complementary Breakfast
- The area it is in is somewhat out on it's own (though that area looks like it is growing)

• Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank bw0
Las Vegas, NV>
Reviewed June 24, 2008

I found this "oasis in the desert" late Sunday evening on 6/22/08. After many hours of driving and getting lost in the area of Carefree, AZ. due to my lack of preparation and not having my own vehicle with navigation (or a map) I found this quiet but lovely hotel.

I was road weary and exhausted when I checked in after 11pm but was greeted with a smile by Amanda. I got what I thought was a great rate, $99 for the night. I bought some Visine and a bottle of Chardonnay in the shop next to the front desk and headed off to my 1st floor room after she had asked me what my floor preference was.

Being so exhausted I had a bit of trouble with the a/c (my fault I didn't see the panel on the wall) I called down to the front desk and Amanda was at my door to fix the problem in a few minutes. Great service!

The room was decorated in attractive subtle blue and earth tones with luxurious white down bedding. A large flatscreen TV that swiveled to fit any seating position within the room was in the center with a microwave and desk and a nice sitting chair in the corner. The bathroom was attractive and sparkling clean with a granite counter, extra towels and Neutrogena bath products.

The next morning I stopped by the lobby for a coffee to go and met 2 smiling employees working in the breakfast area. I didn't get their names but they were quite friendly and helpful.

I was sad that I had to head back to Las Vegas so soon. If I ever find a need to be in the Phoenix area again I will most certainly return to this hotel.

• Liked — Luxurious bedding and colors in room
  • Disliked — My stay was too short
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled solo
2 Thank AvasmomLasVegas_NV_
Southern California
Reviewed May 26, 2008

This is a cheap hotel (price wise) but is off the beaten path a bit, and is in a industrial/commercial section of North Phoenix, if you do not have a car would not recommend this hotel. The food at the hotel is average but if you have to pay extra there are several restaurants less then 2 miles from the hotel (either North or South on 17) The hotel was almost like a ghost town and the staff although friendly seemed bored due to NO activity at the hotel. Would stay here again if looking for a cheap place to sleep.

• Liked — Cheap and Quite
  • Disliked — Nothing happening in or around this location
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank heumanntouch
Chicago
Reviewed March 18, 2008

Highly recommend this hotel.

Clean, sozy rooms. Excellent breakfast foods, free business center, pool and hot tub. This is a new hotel, maybe 7 weeks old. Everything is new and in great condition. All the staff was friendly and willing to help make your stay great.

Will be staying here again.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled on business