“Very nice stay”

Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix North Happy Valley
Ranked #35 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Nice stay, food was very good, BUT we weren't told the cost of the breakfast until after we ate. We thought it was a part of the room cost ....... and I am a Hilton Hhonors member! Hotel was a bit hard to find.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Casey B, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix North Happy Valley, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2014

Thank you for your review. We certainly apologize for any miss understanding with the breakfast. Unfortunately it’s not a free breakfast but a hot, cooked to order breakfast with great variety. You can choose the breakfast package upon booking to get a substantial discount.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

Recently stayed there for Easter weekend some family time. Must say I never give reviews but the customer service is exceptional friendly staff. Hotel is very clean and now how to make a guest feel welcome. They complimentary water and coffee in the lobby. We had the complimentary breakfast for the 2 days we stayed there I must give it to Kesha who was the host taking orders and making sure everyone was happy. She was the only one there in the morning on the floor but she was on top of everyone needs. I think she could of used some help at times since it was a full. But she had such a happy and positive attitude at all times. And on Saturday she was working the restaurant section and host section. I really hope they appreciate her hard work. Overall we would definitely stay there again. And they are conveniently located close to shopping centers.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Kesha truly is a rock star! We always appreciate her going above and beyond for each and every guest. I’ll make sure she’s sees your kind words. We welcome you back to the Hilton Garden Inn Happy Valley and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

There is no match for the Hilton Garden Inn Quality, Value, Freshness, and great service. This is the comfort zone for the family when you all need to be specially treated and made to feel like royalty on a princes budget.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

The budget never matters; all of our guests are VIP. Thank you for your review and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

This is nice newish clean hotel with super friendly staff. If you need to stay in this area - this is a really good choice. Super reasonably priced and a great value. The rooms are clean and simple typical of a newer HGI and they have a decent breakfast. I was here for 3 nights and it felt like home. I would defintely choose this hotel again if I need to stay in this area.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Casey B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix North Happy Valley, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

It makes our day when we hear that guests at The Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix North Happy Valley enjoyed their visit. I'm glad to hear your took advantage of our made to order breakfast i would have to agree it is indeed delicious Thank you so much for sharing with us. We look forward to seeing you again on your next (business trip/vacation).

Reviewed March 21, 2014

Nice hotel. Do not book through a 3rd party! They charged my card but did not book a room for us. Book it through the hotel website. If not for the inconvenience of not having a room, the hotel is great. Again, do not use HotelPlanner or Expedia.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Torrey W

Thank you for your positive review of The Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix North Happy Valley. It was unfortunate you were unable to stay with us hopefully next time. Please keep us in mind if you return to the Phoenix area.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

We stayed four nights and overall had a great experience. My daughter (4yrs old) loved the pool and spa and we spent a few hours there everyday. Beds are on the hard side and unless you like really soft pillows, better bring your own. The reception staff was great, friendly as we saw them numerous times throughout the day.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Casey B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix North Happy Valley, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Thank you for your positive review on The Hilton Garden Inn North Phoenix Happy Valley. We are thrilled that your stay with us was a pleasant one. Always remember to take advantage of the adjustable beds that The Hilton Garden Inn Offers as is it our goal to ensure a great nights rest. Please keep us in mind if you return to the Phoenix area.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

My girls and I stayed just one night as I was in the area for business. I enjoyed my stay and would return. The service was top-notch and everyone was friendly.

I wrote this review to specifically highlight Kristin, Rick, and Irwin in the restaurant. They really went above and beyond to make our dinner pleasant. I was told that Irwin (hope I'm spelling it right) is the food and beverage director for all the Hilton Garden Inns. He went out of his way to take a few minutes to come chat with the girls and me to make sure we enjoyed our meal. Rick brought over some freshly made chips when we sat down and mini milkshakes and cookies when we were done. This was a nice touch and greatly appreciated. Kristin was friendly and as quick as she could possibly be. My only criticism in that area is not her fault. She was the server and bartender while we were there and it seemed a lot for her to get to everyone as quickly and often as she probably would've liked. Again, not criticizing her as we enjoyed her, I just would've liked to have seen another person. This was my first time at the hotel so perhaps this isn't the norm.

Food was tasty and prices reasonable. It is nice to have a food option onsite after a long day working when you don't want to venture out.

The room was typical Hilton style and very clean. The beds were some of the most comfortable I've experienced at a hotel. Everything was super soft without being saggy or springy. There was a nice channel selection in the room and that would be appreciated by longer term visitors.

My other complaint is the noise factor in the room. The fridge was loud intermittently and the walls were very thin. My neighbors were truly whispering around 6am and I could hear every single word they were saying. I thought someone was in the room with us at first. I should add that we were in a room that had a connecting door to the next and that likely contributed greatly to the noise transfer. However, I could also hear people walking above me. Just a heads up to those who are sensitive to noise.

I almost hate ending this review on a negative note as I honestly enjoyed our stay. Every employee I encountered at the hotel was friendly and helpful. The staff should really be proud of the atmosphere they set for the guests. The entire facility was clean and aesthetically pleasing. Outdoor fireplace was a nice touch!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

It makes our day when we hear that our guests at The Hilton Garden Inn North Phoenix Happy Valley enjoyed their visit. Thank you so much for sharing with us. Normally we do have back up in our dining area. The employees mentioned above our key players at our establishment. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Phoenix

All the best