“Nice Hilton Garden Inn in North Phoenix”

Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix North Happy Valley
Ranked #35 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed May 27, 2013

First time staying at this hotel. I was staying for business purposes only. This facility matches well what I have come to expect from Hilton Garden Inn hotels. Very nice staff and easy to access from the highway. The fitness center is about the same size as other Hilton Garden Inns. Only issue is that the fitness center doesn't open until 6:00am. The pool is outside; I didn't use it so cannot make comment. It is a standard hotel pool so tough for swimming laps.

The rooms are nicely done. Like most hotels of this class, the air conditioning system is a bit noisy when it turns on and runs.

In morning rush hour (8:00am) heading to the airport, there is traffic but still made the airport easily in 25 minutes. Lots of restaurants within a few miles. The hotel has a nice outdoor seating area for meals or drinks. The outdoor area has misters and a fireplace depending upon the time of year. I highly recommend this hotel for business stays.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Kent S

Reviewed May 21, 2013

After staying at the Hyatt, Scottsdale, with my wife I checked into the Hilton Garden Inn for Business. I'm always impressed with the Hilton, but this back to back comparison blew me away. Sure the Hyatt is spectacular, but just about everything that really counts was better at the Hilton (and let's not even talk VALUE). Wish I could talk my high class Wife into staying at the Hilton Garden Inn when traveling for Pleasure! The Hilton makes Business travel less a pain:)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

I've travelled quite a bit and the staff and service at this hotel is top notch.
Nice rooms, workout room and business center. All were super handy.
Breakfast is a bit pricey, but you can also build your own ala carte.
If I'm back in the area, this is my hotel of choice.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Decent hotel for the $. Hotel staff was very helpful, friendly and attentive. Room was clean & comfy. Checkin and out was a breeze. Enjoyed the pool and hot tub. Very good coffee too. Breakfast was just ok and I wish there was a fan in the bathroom. Otherwise, no problems. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I recently stayed at the hotel while visiting family in Phoenix. Overall I was happy with everything. The hotel was clean, room was nice and staff was great, they even let us check in hours before check in time (our flight got in at 10am). I did not use the pool (because it was always packed with people) or the fitness center. The restaurant was just "okay". I felt like the food was overpriced for what it was, but I guess that is to be expected.
There is a huge shopping center that is about 5 minutes (driving) away that has tons of restaurants and shopping so that was very convenient.

My only complaint was the housekeeping. They did a great job cleaning our room but they cant understand a single word of english. I asked them for extra towels and they looked at me like I was crazy and just said "no english". I had to go and look up how to say "towel" in spanish before I could get my fresh towels. That was annoying.

Overall it was a nice hotel and we would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We stayed here on a trip to the area for a wedding. Other family members living in the area discouraged us from renting a car at the airport. Once we realized the distance between us we realized we needed a car. The staff shuttled us to a car rental location and they were so helpful with the whole situation. Besides the clean room, there is also a very nice lobby, pool, bar and resturant. We did not find time to use allot of the amenties but they are there for our next visit. We would stay again!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I travel every two weeks for work and stay in a variety of hotel chains. I am almost always happy with my experiences and very rarely write reviews on these types of websites. I am easy to please...but I would have to say this is by far the WORST hotel I have ever stayed in. I am so disturbed and frustrated that I am writing this from my room during my stay here!

First of all, the young man who checked me in has no business working the front desk at a hotel. He was immature, intrusive, and demeaning. I have never in my life experienced this type of service.

Secondly, upon entering my room I noticed that there is a wall in front of my window. Yes, a wall. Meaning there is the window and then a huge wall for the view behind it covering the entire window and subsequently all of the windows on this entire floor. Feels like you are in a prison.

The hallway is about 100 degrees and then when I entered my room it was absolutely freezing. This hotel has no clue how to keep their customers comfortable and are obviously wasting precious natural resources keeping a room cool to that low of a temperature.

I went downstairs to the gym and found it to be very small, with old machinery. The show 'Golden Girls' was on the TV, which was amusing. A guy came in to use the treadmill next to me and when he started running, his machine started shaking uncontrollably he couldn't take it very long and got off.

The room is very small and so is the bathroom. There is no bottled water (not even ones for sale) in the room, which is awful considering we are in the desert and the air is extremely dry.

I tried ordering a movie to take my mind off of me having to spend the night here right now, but when I tried ordering one, the remote didn't work so I called downstairs and the man working the front desk said they don't have movies at this hotel! What is this...1982?

Oh and by the way, I am shocked that this hotel is over 100 dollars a night considering all of these factors in addition to it being in the middle of nowhere.

Awful, awful, awful. Wish me luck getting through the night.

Room Tip: Avoid second floor. You will have a wall in front of your window.