“Great Place to Stay to watch the Coyotes”

Courtyard Phoenix West/Avondale
Ranked #76 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed March 30, 2014

We stayed here in early March to watch a Coyote game on our way to LAX airport. The hotel is very clean, reception is friendly and helpful, beds are comfortable and room is quiet, the location is great near the junction of I-10 and Loop 101. A huge selection of shopping and restaurants any direction you go. It has all the things you want in a Courtyard. We did not try the pool because of lack of time. It is convenient to all the sports activities in Glendale, hockey, football, Spring training baseball and NASCAR . Everything about are short stay was great.

Room Tip: The rooms are all good did not here any freeway noise.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Smokedogaz
Valentina H, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix West/Avondale, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Dear Smokedogaz,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay with us.

We love to hear that you enjoyed your stay and will consider us next time you are in town. We are conveniently located amidst different venues and points of interest.

We hope to see you sometime soon,

Best Regards,

Reviewed March 29, 2014

We came for spring training and this location was perfect. Near the junction of I-10 and Loop 101 it was a great location to visit different facilities. The hotel was full and very busy. The front deck staff was pleasant and helpful. We chose not to pay for the breakfast. Room was clean and spacious. There is a little freeway noise but it seems quiter on the east side. Would definately stay again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Jegnm,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in West Phoenix! We are happy to hear that you feel our hotel is conveniently located!

We are happy that everything went smoothly and that you enjoyed the amenities of the hotel.

We hope to see you back again soon!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed March 22, 2014

While a lot of Courtyards are transitioning to the Bistro model, this one has created a hybrid that works for their clientele -- lots of sports fans on group tours. For breakfast, there is a buffet and made-to-order omelets. For happy hour, there is a bar (5-10 p.m.) with appetizers. Both are popular with guests, as are the ONE washer and dryer on site. The hotel would do well to add another set of machines. Rooms are well-cared-for, pool and fitness facility well-maintained and the parking lot is well-lighted. The hallway carpets would benefit from a steam cleaning.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the parking lot if you have an aversion to highway noise.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Wordbabe

Thank you kindly for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We love to hear from our guests and always appreciate any feedback we receive.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as the breakfast and evening beverages. We do hope to have you as our guest again when your travels bring you back through our area. We will be getting a full renovation starting June 2014, to ensure our product stays in top shape for our guests. This will take care of some of the items you mentioned needed some attention.

Thank you again for your comments and for helping other travelers choose a place to stay.

Best regards,

Reviewed March 10, 2014

I stayed here this past weekend as I was in town to see the Reds play in spring training at Goodyear. I had a good deal at this hotel and got in late friday night. Upon checking in and getting to the room I noticed the room wasn't the type I had reserved. So I had to go back downstairs and get them to give me a different room. Didn't take long but it's not fun to have to be given a different room. The service at the hotel was just average. Our room faced the highway so road noise was certainly present throughout the night.

Location was good and it is a nice hotel with free wi-fi which I enjoyed. The business center was nice, I was able to print off my boarding passes there.

Room Tip: Get a room that doesn't face the highway
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Valentina H, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix West/Avondale, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Dear Aaron G,

I want to thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I apologize for your average experience at our property, which is definitely not our goal. We want our guests to have their expectations exceeded and we fell short of that. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to contact me directly at the phone number listed below. Once again, please accept my apology. We would like to regain your trust and we hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to this area.

Best Regards,

Valentina H

Reviewed March 3, 2014

At the last minute we got tickets to the Phoenix NASCAR race. Rooms were mostly booked but we finally found a room at a good price here. Being a last minute discount room you would have expected much less. While it was by the elevator the noise wasn't an issue and the room was nicely appointed and the bed was comfortable. The shower was huge. The desk staff went out of their way to print instructions of how to get to the race track for us from the internet. It was hard to get to the hotel due to road construction, but on the other hand they had a breakfast buffet with custom made omelets for $9.99 so all in all they met our needs as racegoers to a T.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Valentina H, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix West/Avondale, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay during NASCAR!

We are happy to hear that you feel your stay was comfortable. I will be sure to share your comments with the entire team.

We hope to see you back again soon.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed January 27, 2014

Lets start with the internet - it was free Wi-Fi. I checked in at 10pm and left the hotel at 5am the next day so I didn't even use it but I was excited about it since in Vegas I had very little connection time due to Wi-Fi coming at a cost wherever a person went even the business centers of the hotels I stayed in there. The parking was easily accessible and free in this Marriot. Like the majority of other courtyards they lacked a proper fitness center but it was adequate to get something done. The hotel had an awkward entrance and we almost missed the hotels existence driving at 10pm (maybe I was just tired I don't know). The hotel was clean and offered a business center I used as well for printing directions and looking up local food places. The check in was quick and so was the check out. The room was quite spacious and comfortable.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Shahid B
Reviewed January 22, 2014

My overall experience was average. The hotel was clean, and it was located in a great location for me. The service is less than stellar, and any issues are not addressed in a timely manner. I will probably try to find another hotel the next time I'm in town.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Ivonne C, Manager at Courtyard Phoenix West/Avondale, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Kim,
First off I want to thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I apologize for your average experience at our property that is definitely not our goal. We want our guests to have their expectations exceeded and we fell short of that. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to contact me directly at the phone number listed below. Once again, please accept my apology. We would like to regain your trust and we hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to this area.

Ivonne Caldwell-Saar
Assistant General Manager
623-271-7660

Also consider these accommodations in or near Phoenix
Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale
Best Western Tolleson Hotel
Home2 Suites by Hilton Glendale Westgate
Staybridge Suites Phoenix/Glendale
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Goodyear-West Phoenix Area
3 mi away
Comfort Suites Univ. of Phoenix Stadium Area

Been to Courtyard Phoenix West/Avondale? Share your experiences!