“Good Location for Spring Training”

Courtyard Phoenix West/Avondale
Ranked #58 of 175 Hotels in Phoenix
Atlanta, Georgia
“Good Location for Spring Training”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

I stayed here this past weekend as I was in town to see the Reds play in spring training at Goodyear. I had a good deal at this hotel and got in late friday night. Upon checking in and getting to the room I noticed the room wasn't the type I had reserved. So I had to go back downstairs and get them to give me a different room. Didn't take long but it's not fun to have to be given a different room. The service at the hotel was just average. Our room faced the highway so road noise was certainly present throughout the night.

Location was good and it is a nice hotel with free wi-fi which I enjoyed. The business center was nice, I was able to print off my boarding passes there.

Room Tip: Get a room that doesn't face the highway
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Valentina H, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix West/Avondale, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear Aaron G,

I want to thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I apologize for your average experience at our property, which is definitely not our goal. We want our guests to have their expectations exceeded and we fell short of that. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to contact me directly at the phone number listed below. Once again, please accept my apology. We would like to regain your trust and we hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to this area.

Best Regards,

Valentina H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Deming, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

At the last minute we got tickets to the Phoenix NASCAR race. Rooms were mostly booked but we finally found a room at a good price here. Being a last minute discount room you would have expected much less. While it was by the elevator the noise wasn't an issue and the room was nicely appointed and the bed was comfortable. The shower was huge. The desk staff went out of their way to print instructions of how to get to the race track for us from the internet. It was hard to get to the hotel due to road construction, but on the other hand they had a breakfast buffet with custom made omelets for $9.99 so all in all they met our needs as racegoers to a T.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Valentina H, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix West/Avondale, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay during NASCAR!

We are happy to hear that you feel your stay was comfortable. I will be sure to share your comments with the entire team.

We hope to see you back again soon.

Warm Regards,

Valentina
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

Lets start with the internet - it was free Wi-Fi. I checked in at 10pm and left the hotel at 5am the next day so I didn't even use it but I was excited about it since in Vegas I had very little connection time due to Wi-Fi coming at a cost wherever a person went even the business centers of the hotels I stayed in there. The parking was easily accessible and free in this Marriot. Like the majority of other courtyards they lacked a proper fitness center but it was adequate to get something done. The hotel had an awkward entrance and we almost missed the hotels existence driving at 10pm (maybe I was just tired I don't know). The hotel was clean and offered a business center I used as well for printing directions and looking up local food places. The check in was quick and so was the check out. The room was quite spacious and comfortable.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Shahid B
Christiansburg, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

My overall experience was average. The hotel was clean, and it was located in a great location for me. The service is less than stellar, and any issues are not addressed in a timely manner. I will probably try to find another hotel the next time I'm in town.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Ivonne C, Manager at Courtyard Phoenix West/Avondale, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Kim,
First off I want to thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I apologize for your average experience at our property that is definitely not our goal. We want our guests to have their expectations exceeded and we fell short of that. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to contact me directly at the phone number listed below. Once again, please accept my apology. We would like to regain your trust and we hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to this area.

Ivonne Caldwell-Saar
Assistant General Manager
623-271-7660
Norfolk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

Was out there Jan 13-18, 2013. The hotel is in a great location with easy access to the main highways (I10 &101 loop). Not spectacular, but not bad for a Courtyard. The breakfast buffet in the morning was terrific - Maria takes great care of all the guests and there's plenty of great food, including eggs and omelets to order. I will stay there on the next trip out to the Phoneix area.

Room Tip: Rooms in the front of the hotel may be quieter.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Moorestown, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

Out here on business and found this hotel to be clean and comfortable. Not spectacular, but not bad for a Courtyard. The breakfast buffet in the morning was terrific - Maria takes great care of all the guests and there's plenty of great food, including eggs and omelets to order. However, I would look elsewhere for lunch or dinner - the lobby bar offerings are very limited.
Fitness center was fine - never had to wait for a machine and could make do with the weights and mats to get some "travel fitness" in after work.
Wake up calls were always on time and the desk staff was very friendly.
If you stay, ask for a room facing out the front of the hotel. Extremely quiet and no noise issues whatsoever - had some of the best nights' sleeps there!
Decent stay - no problems.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the front/parking lot. Very quiet with none of the bothersome highway noise...
Green Features: As expected for a Marriott but they were a little overzealous on throwing away the water bottles I had hoped to refill for the gym,
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

Having stayed in various courtyards over the years, and this is definitely one of the better ones. The room is big, the deco is nice, the bed is comfortable. As a Marriott platinum member, I normally avoid CYs because they don't offer complimentary breakfast. But being a first timer at this location, I was offered a free item from the market which is a nice gesture.

It's a one-night stop-over on our way home from Grand Canyon. So didn't try any of their facilities.

would come back again, if I'm visiting the area.

Room Tip: facing the other side of the freeway
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Phoenix
Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale
BEST WESTERN Tolleson Hotel
Homewood Suites Phoenix-Avondale
Quality Inn & Suites Goodyear
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Goodyear-West Phoenix Area
Comfort Suites Univ. of Phoenix Stadium Area

Been to Courtyard Phoenix West/Avondale? Share your experiences!