WINNER WONDERLAND

“Delicious barbecue here” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bobby Q

Bobby Q
Reserve with OpenTable
Bobby Q is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 2,965 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Bar, Barbecue
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: North Mountain
Cross street: 1-17 between Dunlap & Northern
Description: The creator of Bobby McGee’s brings you Bobby Q. With Meats smoked up to 20 hours, to our in house, hand-cut steaks, you'll have no problem finding a meal to appeal to your appetite!! Reservations are taken for the dining room only.
Phoenix, Arizona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious barbecue here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

A nice place for some delicious pulled pork sandwiches and really good potato salad. The dessert was wonderful, too.

• Visited July 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Lehi, Utah
“Great food -- really nice staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

It's a quaint building. There is outdoor (porch) seating if you want. The inside is nice.
There are rotisserie chickens rotating around in the kitchen window. I may try that next time!

We got a kid's burger, which was good size -- very tasty. Came with thin fries that my boys loved!

I had the beef brisket sandwich. YUM! A waiter brought me extra BBQ sauce, with a choice of regular or spicy. The spicy was awesome! I got mac n cheese, which was very creamy.

My husband had fried chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy. He loved it.

My favorite part was the little bag of warm donuts they bring you with the check. Bite-sized, warm dough covered in cinnamon and sugar! A nice surprise!
We'll be returning for sure.

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
“Delicious food and great service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

We went to Bobby Q's last night for dinner. There was a wait, but being just the two of us, we were able to secure seats at the bar, which is full service. It was nice to see they had one or two local brews on tap, however I think they could do better on the beer selection.

We order the Q rolls for an appetizer. I am not much for fried food, but those bad boys are delicious. They are lightly fried with the the most tender, juicy brisket inside. And they don't skimp on the meat in that appetizer. It was a meal itself.

My husband and I order the Whole Hog Heaven to share. Baby back ribs were fall off the bone tender, you just at them with a fork. I am not a fan of beef ribs, but I have to say the beef ribs here were very tender and juicy, and very tasty. We also had the sausage and rotisserie bbq chicken. Sausage was so good, but the chicken was outstanding. Perfectly cooked, juicy and delicious. This ridiculous portion also came with three sides. We chose mac and cheese, coleslaw and fries. We loved every side, but the mac and cheese was cleared out immediately. So good. And of course we had a HUGE amount of leftovers. We used the left over meat to make bbq sandwiches the next day.

We had great service as the bar. There were two-three people tending the bar at all times and the service was excellent. Our bartender was super nice, gave us good recommendations on the menu, and kept our drinks filled. Also loved the fun, lively atmosphere of the restaurant. Their outdoor patio looked like something we would like to take advantage of in cooler months. We had a great time, a great meal, and will be back!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
“So good we went back again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

On holiday in Phoenix we normally go to the outback for steaks/ribs, well not any more. We were staying in Litchfield park so it was a 35? min drive? When you pull in you think... Really this is it? However don't let the outside put you off as soon as you get inside the smell will envelope you and the interior is perfect for a BBQ joint.

The free corn bread is to die for (never tried it before). We tried the three meat combo on the first trip (chicken (OK), brisket (good), baby back ribs (now you're talking fall off the bone deliciousness). On our second trip we had ribs again with sausage, our sides were beans, pecan coleslaw and string fries.

Take a tip from me we were surprised with the quick turnaround from ordering to eating so much so on our first visit I only had time for one drink and we were too full for a pudding (did I mention the free mini still hot doughnuts?). So on our second visit we arrived early for a few drinks at the bar but beware those cocktails are lethal!

I can't wait to return!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank suzanneb933
Phoenix, Arizona
“I want to have Bobby Q's baby!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Wow! My 1st time here & Nicole our waitress was wonderful explaining everything to me. I started with a "voga" white wine, fantastic & then the corn bread almost put me over the edge! I opted for the brisket sandwich & mashed potatoes....brilliant! My husband had a rib-eye, cooked to perfection with mac & cheese (which I tasted, my heaven will cosist of that mac & cheese) & potato salad. The service & food was some of the best I have had, ever. Already planning our next visit. We love you Bobby Q's!

Mark H, Manager at Bobby Q, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you so much for the great review!! I'm Glad Nicole provided you with great service and that our BBQ exceeded your expectations! See you soon!!