“So good we went back again”
Review of Bobby Q

Bobby Q
Ranked #7 of 3,258 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: Barbecue, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: North Mountain
Cross street: 1-17 between Dunlap & Northern
Description: The creator of Bobby McGee’s brings you Bobby Q. With Meats smoked up to 20 hours, to our in house, hand-cut steaks, you'll have no problem finding a meal to appeal to your appetite!! Reservations are taken for the dining room only.
Reviewed June 21, 2013

On holiday in Phoenix we normally go to the outback for steaks/ribs, well not any more. We were staying in Litchfield park so it was a 35? min drive? When you pull in you think... Really this is it? However don't let the outside put you off as soon as you get inside the smell will envelope you and the interior is perfect for a BBQ joint.

The free corn bread is to die for (never tried it before). We tried the three meat combo on the first trip (chicken (OK), brisket (good), baby back ribs (now you're talking fall off the bone deliciousness). On our second trip we had ribs again with sausage, our sides were beans, pecan coleslaw and string fries.

Take a tip from me we were surprised with the quick turnaround from ordering to eating so much so on our first visit I only had time for one drink and we were too full for a pudding (did I mention the free mini still hot doughnuts?). So on our second visit we arrived early for a few drinks at the bar but beware those cocktails are lethal!

I can't wait to return!

1  Thank suzanneb933
Write a ReviewReviews (1,814)

Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Wow! My 1st time here & Nicole our waitress was wonderful explaining everything to me. I started with a "voga" white wine, fantastic & then the corn bread almost put me over the edge! I opted for the brisket sandwich & mashed potatoes....brilliant! My husband had a rib-eye, cooked to perfection with mac & cheese (which I tasted, my heaven will cosist of that mac & cheese) & potato salad. The service & food was some of the best I have had, ever. Already planning our next visit. We love you Bobby Q's!

Mark H, Manager at Bobby Q, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Thank you so much for the great review!! I'm Glad Nicole provided you with great service and that our BBQ exceeded your expectations! See you soon!!

Reviewed May 22, 2013

We probably won't be returning to this place. We arrived without a reservation but had only a short wait however once seated it was downhill. The "special" margarita was undrinkable, when the busboy dropped silverware down my back it he just kept going, no one ever came to see if I was ok or to offer to clean up my shirt, we had to ask for silverware and one of my companians got sick. Not a good experience.

Mark H, Manager at Bobby Q, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Thanks for joining us at Bobby Q! I'm sorry to hear that your experience was a disappointment. We train our staff here to always let a manager know if there are any problems on our floor. I'm sorry that no action was taken to fix the problems you encountered while dinning with us. We will be following up with our staff to make sure that any problem with a customer is taken care of no matter how big or small. We serve hundreds of customers here at Bobby Q's everyday and we had no other food complaints. However we do use a vast variety of spices here in our foods which some people may be sensitive to. I'm very sorry about your experience and we would love to offer you a dinner on us! Please contact our General Manager Laura Hogan at 602-995-5982!

Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

Went to Bobby Q's with a group of friends last night & was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. The waiter was great even though 8 of us asked for separate checks. He was pleasant, attentive & efficient. Not always the reaction when separate checks are requested.
The brisquette with mac & cheese & stir fry vegies sides was fantastic! I've really temoved red meat in my diet and I could "leave it" more than I can "take it." But I'll hit this place again.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

We made our reservation on Open Table and we were immediately seated on a busy Friday night.
We were warmly greeted by our server Jeff ( who recently returned from 6 years in the service with 2 tours of dury in Afghanistan which we found out when we chatted with him--- thank you for your service to our country).
We enjoyed the ribs--- moist, tasty and delicous. The smoked prime rib was excellent- the best ever tasted ! The fresh homemade mini donuts brought at the end of the meal was a nice touch.
The service and food were top notch.
We would certainly choose Booby Q's if if were closer than 2,200 miles from home.

Mark H, Manager at Bobby Q, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Thank you for the Awesome review!! I'm so glad to hear that your server provided you with a memorable dining experience!! I'm glad the food was top notch as well and lived up to your expectations! Hopefully on your next visit to Arizona you can Dine with us again!