“Great place”
Review of Bobby Q

Bobby Q
Reserve with OpenTable
Bobby Q is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 3,080 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Bar, Barbecue
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: North Mountain
Cross street: 1-17 between Dunlap & Northern
Description: The creator of Bobby McGee’s brings you Bobby Q. With Meats smoked up to 20 hours, to our in house, hand-cut steaks, you'll have no problem finding a meal to appeal to your appetite!! Reservations are taken for the dining room only.
Phoenix, Arizona
“Great place”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I passed by the sign off I-17 a hundred times and wondered about the place. Finally went there with an out of town pal after checking the reviews on here. I couldn't have been more satisfied. The dining room had a great rustic comfy barbequey atmosphere and the food was awesome. I had the brisket and pulled pork combo with baked potato and mac and cheese. Don't miss the mac and cheese for sure...it was so thick, rich, and smooth...yum! The meat was lean and tasty. The service was attentive. Definitely worth a repeat...in fact, it will be in my regular restaurant rotation!

Mark H, Manager at Bobby Q, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
I'm glad you finally decided to stop in! Thank you for the awesome review! I'm happy to hear that the BBQ exceeded your expectations and that we will be apart of your regular restaurant rotation!

See you again soon!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great start to our Arizona trip”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We were headed towards Flagstaff, and because of unexpected flight delays into PHX, we arrived minutes before closing to Bobby Q's. Nevertheless, the sat us, and we proceeded to have what turned out to be our best meal on our week long stay in Arizona. The food was awesome -- BBQ brisket, sausages, burgers, and even baked potatoes. The food was cooked to perfection, and the meat was SO tender. Everyone in our party had a meal they enjoyed. Our server was excellent, and even gave me a hot tea to go since we were driving so late (even later to our east-coast body clocks) for several hours to Flagstaff. The next time I am in Phoenix, Bobby Q is the first stop!

Mark H, Manager at Bobby Q, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you so much for the great review! At Bobby Q's we strive to provide our customers with a great dinning experience and I'm glad that we were able to accomplish that for you folks. I hope you folks had a safe trip while in Arizona and enjoyed yourselves!

See you next time!
Lincoln, NE
“Awesome!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great food and great atmosphere! Our food was excellent and our server was very friendly as well. Portions are huge. We left very happy!

Visited March 2013
Phoenix
“Good food, great value.”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Large selection of choices at good prices. Great atmosphere and would definitely go there again. Definitely a great place for large groups and families.

Maryland
“Simply the best BBQ I’ve had.”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Okay, I have to qualify my statement, I’m not a BBQ connoisseur, but I like it, so it’s not the first BBQ I’ve had. We stopped at Bobby-Q because on our drive out of Phoenix at the start of a vacation, the place caught our eye (it is right on I-17). On our way back to Phoenix a week later we stopped for dinner to give it a try and we were glad we did! Great atmosphere, friendly staff and nicely decorated inside. We got the Q-rolls as a appetizer, which were brisket wrapped in egg rolls and fried like a spring roll (?). Came with two types of sauce. This was great, and I’ve never had brisket so tender. We each got a pulled pork BBQ sandwich which was just as tender and tasty. Definitely try the mac-and –cheese, it was great! We found out that when you leave you get some freshly made donuts as a “Thank-Q”. Great place! It will be a required stop next time we visit Phoenix.