“Good Barbecue at a Reasonable Price”
Review of Bobby Q

Bobby Q
Reserve with OpenTable
Bobby Q is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 3,085 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: Barbecue, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: North Mountain
Cross street: 1-17 between Dunlap & Northern
Description: The creator of Bobby McGee’s brings you Bobby Q. With Meats smoked up to 20 hours, to our in house, hand-cut steaks, you'll have no problem finding a meal to appeal to your appetite!! Reservations are taken for the dining room only.
Dearborn Heights, Michigan
“Good Barbecue at a Reasonable Price”
Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

Found Bobby Q's on both Trip Advisor and Yelp and decided to give it a try. They only take reservations for parties of 8 or more but said if we came around 6:30 pm we shouldn't have a problem getting seated. We arrived at 6:15 and there was only seating available in the bar area but that was fine with us. Our waitress, Ciara, was also the bartender so she was able to keep an eye on us and was very attentive. We started with the strawberry lemonade which was very good but they put a coating of sugar around the rim of the glass and the condensation on the glass caused it to make the outside of the glass a little sticky. It wouldn't keep me from ordering it again but just a word to the wise. We split one order of the 3 meat platter which comes with 3 meats (from a selection of St. Louis Style Ribs, Baby Back Ribs, Beef Ribs, Brisket, Pulled Pork, Pulled Chicken, Rotisserie Chicken and Sausage) and 2 sides (from a selection of Mac & Cheese, Shoestring Fries, Ranch Beans, Pecan Cole Slaw, Potato Salad, Roasted Corn, Mashed Potatoes, Grilled Vegetables and Baked Potato). We selected the Beef Brisket, St. Louis Style Ribs and Pulled Chicken along with Macaroni and Cheese and Roasted Corn. While we were waiting for our meal they brought us corn bread to munch on. As others have said they supply butter but you really don't need it. The corn bread is very moist and has a nice sweet flavor. When the main meal came we were pleasantly surprised that the kitchen had split the meal for us on separate plates. We each got 2 ribs, about 5 slices of brisket and half baseball size mound of pulled chicken. The sides were not split but it was not a problem taking what we wanted from the serving bowls. The roasted corn was roasted corn cut off the cob with butter. The kennels very firm not mushy and had a very good flavor. The macaroni was double cheesy and was almost too thick. It was good but I'm not sure you could eat a whole order by yourself. We were stuffed by the end of the meal and didn't order dessert but Ciara brought us 4 small freshly made donuts! A nice touch to finish off a great meal. If you have a taste for BBQ while in the Phoenix area, this is a good choice. Friendly, fast service, good food at a reasonable price.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Asheville, North Carolina
“Great service and atmosphere, good food!”
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

I was eager to try the barbecue after the great reviews that I had read on trip advisor. I ordered the barbecue platter with choice of three meats, ribs, sausage, and brisket. The brisket was extremely tender the sausage was tasty and the ribs were okay with a good smoky flavor. Their free cornbread was delicious and I ate all of it, and the mac & cheese was to die for, the best I have ever had. I had great service and the restaurant was very clean and well appointed. As a barbecue lover I cannot recommend this place at the top of my list but is definitely decent barbecue and a good place to visit while in Phoenix.

Roseville, California
“BEST BBQ place we've ever had. YUMMY corn bread”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

there are other top bbq places that can match Bobby Q's for food, but over all experience this can't be beat. i'm not even a corn bread fan, but i go here partly for the all you can eat free cornbread, it's THAT good. they also give you a free, fresh and hot donut after your meal. the prices are reasonable and the food is great. nice atmosphere too. The portions are plenty big that my husband and I share a meal and are still full.

Clinton, Kentucky
“Great Bar-b-que!”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Being from the South, I never expected to find really good barbque in Phoenix, but I was wrong. I visited Bobby Q's ordered the three-meat dinner. I ordered brisket, pulled pork, and barbque sausage. The brisket was juicy and tender, the pulled pork was a little on the dry side (but the barbque sauce on the table took care of that), and the smoked sausage was made in heaven! I ordered several side dishes to see how they complimented the meal, and found that the baked potato and Bobby Q beans were the best. The restaurant is very nice, comfortable, and well decorated. One half of the building is a club featuring a full bar, and from the number of people going into the club, it seems to be a very popular place. If you are in Phoenix, and get the barbque urge, check out Bobby Q's. You won't be sorry.

1 Thank ronhansard
Herndon, Virginia
“Not bad, but not over the moon.”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

While in Phoenix for business I tried Bobby Q's out of curiosity (the exterior as you drive by on the highway is unusual) and on the strength of the Trip Advisor ratings. Ordered a salad and 1/2 rack of the St. Louis ribs. The food was not bad, there was nothing wrong with anything, it just wasn't over the top special. I get to Memphis TN once in a while and eat ribs at a few places there that I consider among the best around, so I may be a bit spoiled.

I atmosphere in Bobby Q's is very nice, comfortable booths, not really cramped together and not real noisy. A good place to take a family. The service was excellent. The server was prompt in taking orders, and the food came out in good time.

Overall, I would go back again and try something else. Maybe the chicken as they have spits of those roasting away in a wall in dining room area.