“Great Bar-b-que!”
Review of Bobby Q

Bobby Q
Reserve with OpenTable
Bobby Q is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 3,080 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Bar, Barbecue
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: North Mountain
Cross street: 1-17 between Dunlap & Northern
Description: The creator of Bobby McGee’s brings you Bobby Q. With Meats smoked up to 20 hours, to our in house, hand-cut steaks, you'll have no problem finding a meal to appeal to your appetite!! Reservations are taken for the dining room only.
Clinton, Kentucky
“Great Bar-b-que!”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Being from the South, I never expected to find really good barbque in Phoenix, but I was wrong. I visited Bobby Q's ordered the three-meat dinner. I ordered brisket, pulled pork, and barbque sausage. The brisket was juicy and tender, the pulled pork was a little on the dry side (but the barbque sauce on the table took care of that), and the smoked sausage was made in heaven! I ordered several side dishes to see how they complimented the meal, and found that the baked potato and Bobby Q beans were the best. The restaurant is very nice, comfortable, and well decorated. One half of the building is a club featuring a full bar, and from the number of people going into the club, it seems to be a very popular place. If you are in Phoenix, and get the barbque urge, check out Bobby Q's. You won't be sorry.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank ronhansard

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Herndon, Virginia
“Not bad, but not over the moon.”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

While in Phoenix for business I tried Bobby Q's out of curiosity (the exterior as you drive by on the highway is unusual) and on the strength of the Trip Advisor ratings. Ordered a salad and 1/2 rack of the St. Louis ribs. The food was not bad, there was nothing wrong with anything, it just wasn't over the top special. I get to Memphis TN once in a while and eat ribs at a few places there that I consider among the best around, so I may be a bit spoiled.

I atmosphere in Bobby Q's is very nice, comfortable booths, not really cramped together and not real noisy. A good place to take a family. The service was excellent. The server was prompt in taking orders, and the food came out in good time.

Overall, I would go back again and try something else. Maybe the chicken as they have spits of those roasting away in a wall in dining room area.

• Visited December 2012
Edmonton, Canada
“Outstanding Smokehouse”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Been to Bobby Q only once, but would definitely go again when I am back in Phoenix. Four of us enjoyed our meals immensely. The orders were large and we needed to take some home. Enough to last a couple of us a couple more days. The BBQed baby back ribs that I had were the best I have ever had. Apparently they smoke and slow cook them for 18 hours.

Cave Creek, Arizona
“Angie's 40th Birthday Gathering!”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Went to this restaurant with some friends for Angie's Big 40! I had the avocado, chicken club salad, the rest of the ladies had bbq pulled chicken and pork dishes. We all had cocktails, mine being a margarita! boy I haven't had one of those in a long time..I was feeling nice by the time we finished eating. A very short walk later we were in one of their english dance lounges. We hit the bar, got our drink on and hit the dance floor. We had an awesome time, food was great, dancing a short walk away. My kind of one stop shop! As I was leaving I could hear salsa, merengue and some cumbia music in another section of their establishment..Would definitely come back with hubby!

Bellevue, Washington
“Best Baby Back Ribs !!!”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Having an unexpected trip to Phoenix present itself, we of course thought of our favorite BBQ place - Bobby Q's. Once again (we have visited three times) it was wonderful. Truly the Baby back ribs are tender, moist and just plain delicious. My husband loves the beef bones and the brisket. Our friends had the ribs and chicken. We love all the BBQ sauces available on the table especially the hot one. The sides are all good but my favorite is the coleslaw. The service is great and the atmosphere is warm and contemporary. If we had to give a mediocre opinion on one thing that would be their corn bread. My husband loves corn bread and although he liked it he has had better.
We are planning on returning in January and bringing the same guests. We / They can't wait!!!