“Ok food and bad service”
Review of Yard House

Yard House
Ranked #71 of 3,085 Restaurants in Phoenix
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Desert Ridge
Norwalk, Connecticut, United States
“Ok food and bad service”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I was here the other day for lunch on the last day of my vacation (I was staying at a nearby resort). We were fine with sitting indoors as there was a wait for the patio (there were probably only about 10 tables being used inside - the rest were empty). Our waitress came to take our orders in a reasonable amount of time, but then we waited over a half hour to get our food - and all we ordered were salads! During this time, our waitress didn't check on us once. If they'd at least brought bread to the table or in some way acknowledged the long wait, it would have helped. One of the people with me got up to talk to a manager about getting our food and, wouldn't you know, as she was doing that, our food arrived. There are other decent restaurants in the immediate vicinity that would do a better job in the same price range....

• Visited April 2013
Yard_House, Guest Relations Manager at Yard House, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Hi ABB1976 – The frustration you shared about your visit is understandable and we apologize for completely dropping the ball. This is not the kind of experience we would want any of our guests to have. When time permits, please contact us at yhguestrelations@darden.com so that we can hopefully make this right for you.

Houston, Texas
“Nice big place. Not the best service”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We were here on a Monday evening and were lucky enough to be able to sit outside. While they have a large selection of beer and an extensive menu, our service was lacking. Our waiter seem to be preoccupied with other things - not other tables, and really didn't pay much attention to our table. Maybe he knew we were from out of town and didn't care, but I would think that being in that area of town they would get a lot of visitors. Our food was fair. The coconut crusted shrimp were way overcooked and couldn't be eaten, but our other food was fine. From other reviews, it looks like service is a problem with a lot of people.

Visited March 2013
Yard_House, Guest Relations Manager at Yard House, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Hi GigEm98 - We are very sorry to hear that service was so terrible! "Preoccupied service and burnt shrimp" are no the lasting impressions we are aiming to achieve. We'd like to show you a much improved experience. Please email me directly at ccastruita@yardhouse.com. Kindest Regards.
Phoenix, Az
“Great for Relaxing and Catching up with Friends”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

It was difficult to find info on the restaurant. The website link on Trip Advisor takes you to the parent company Fox Restaurant Concepts. You can find info and the menus for The Yard by clicking on the Culinary Dropout icon (www.foxrc.com/restaurants/culinary-dropout/ ).

A girlfriend and I were looking for a low key, unassuming restaurant where we could meet up and chat for a few hours. We started with lunch, waited on by Bianca. She was quite knowledgeable with the menu, making recommendations and happily accommodating my friend’s strict diet requirements. After two hours we paid our bill to free up the table for other diners and moved over to the outdoor lounge area. Even after having paid our dining bill Meghan took over with cheerful service and continued to refill our ice teas (that was a pleasant first!). I later switched to lemonade to generate a new tab and tip her for the great service.

We sat for another two hours chatting and enjoying the talented singer/guitarist who performed all afternoon. As we sat in the lounge it was nice to watch several families have fun playing games in the yard area. The Yard offers a great atmosphere for families and friends to gather, good food, and attentive staff. We will be back to enjoy more items on the menu and a glass or two of wine.

As a side note, my friend has been to the restaurant on a Thursday evening and she said there is quite a difference in clientele; a much younger crowd out to party (not as many families) and the place was packed.

Cave Creek, Arizona
“Pricey, but pretty good food, large portions and decent service”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I would have given it good, but couldn't justify very good, so I settled on average.

Really enjoyed the relaxing atmosphere for outdoor dining and people watching. We had just seen a movie next door and went for the proximity despite a slight craving for the fried green beans and turkey burger at TGIFridays.

This was our first visit to the Yard House. My husband had chicken sandwich and fries. I had Cuban pork sandwich with sweet potato fries. Both good, but I could have lived a long happy life without the pickles on the sandwiches. Excellent beer selection. Several appealing choices on the menu for appetizers, sandwiches, salads, and entrees. 3 16 oz beers, 1 onion stack and two generous size sandwiches with fries: $54 including the high Phoenix sales tax. I feel I should have looked to see if they had a half sandwich or asked about that option. We usually prefer to pay a little less for lunch and have more manageable portions. We won't need dinner. Hearty eaters will love the portions. A more cooperative couple could share one selection.

I was a bit confused because our servers kept changing, but the overall effect was good service, so it worked well. One male server with black spikey hair had a particularly good and attentive personality and all servers we experienced were quite accommodating despite it being a busy Saturday afternoon.

Circle Pines, Minnesota
“The Yard restaurant”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

The restaurant has a nice atmosphere, but I thought the staff there dressed inappropriately - even if it is a casual restaurant. Tables were dirty and noticed they didn't clean them well when someone left. Nothing on menu appealed to me - Italian sandwish I got was tasteless. Bacon Bloody Mary - tasteless too and not worth the money. Staff didn't appear like they were in any hurry or were gracious at all. Don't like going to restroom and having washroom for both sexes. Wouldn't go again.

Visited April 2013