“NICE SURPRISE”

Neighborhood: Camelback East
Mesa, Arizona
“NICE SURPRISE”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

My friend recommended this restaurant because she goes there all the time. I ordered the Machaca Chimichangas that was topped with a cheese sauce and guacamole. It was jam packed with beef and it was very flavorful. It was reasonably priced and we had a fantastic waiter.
The Ladies room was as tiny as a tiny closet but it was clean and tidy. I would defineatly go back here.

• Visited April 2013

Fredericksburg, Texas
“Great Local Recommendation”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We were pointed here by the front desk at our hotel. Food was excellent, prices were reasonable and service was outstanding. My wife and I both chose 2 items on the combination platters and were astounded at the portion sizes. If I could find a cheap flight, I'd come to Phoenix just to eat here.

• Visited April 2013
Monrovia, California
“Still the One”
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

5* for history, authenic, a legend. Food, very good, unique dishs, great prices. Can get very busy. They want 100 characters, I'm not writing a short story. This place is worth a visit.

• Visited July 2012
Cave Creek, Arizona
“Still has it after all these years”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I'm a native Arizonan and I ate here regularly in the 70's then moved out of the neighborhood and then the state. They seem to have maintained the quality much better than many other restaurants during the decades I was wandering the country. Was so glad to retire and get back to AZ Mexican Food and 9 months of great climate.

Now, The TeePee is a long drive from my Cave Creek AZ home, so I don't eat here often, but I really enjoy the authentic Mexican food. We still manage to eat here 2 or 3 times a year. I usually have shredded beef tacos, cheese enchilada, or bean burrito enchilada style. My husband always has machaca dinner. We have never been disappointed. They do offer a spicier salsa than the tamed version but you must ask for the spicy.

Snowbirds and midwesterners may rate it lower if they don't tolerate spices well. Ask the wait staff which dishes are less spicy.....there are lots of them. AND, they usually have a pitcher of water on the table if you do get something a bit too picante. I've never had a margarita here, but the Corona is mas fina.

• Visited March 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
“Locals know this is a great place”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

no questsion about it - this is a local hole in the wall place. The food was very good. Wthout a pitcher of margaritas (okay but not great) the bill for two of us was about $20. The "Daily Special" was good and way more food than I expected. Complementary chips and slasa were both sufficient and spicy. This is definitely a place I would go again - the food is authentic.

• Visited March 2013