“Still has it after all these years” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Tee Pee

The Tee Pee
Ranked #168 of 3,037 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Camelback East
Cave Creek, Arizona
“Still has it after all these years”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

I'm a native Arizonan and I ate here regularly in the 70's then moved out of the neighborhood and then the state. They seem to have maintained the quality much better than many other restaurants during the decades I was wandering the country. Was so glad to retire and get back to AZ Mexican Food and 9 months of great climate.

Now, The TeePee is a long drive from my Cave Creek AZ home, so I don't eat here often, but I really enjoy the authentic Mexican food. We still manage to eat here 2 or 3 times a year. I usually have shredded beef tacos, cheese enchilada, or bean burrito enchilada style. My husband always has machaca dinner. We have never been disappointed. They do offer a spicier salsa than the tamed version but you must ask for the spicy.

Snowbirds and midwesterners may rate it lower if they don't tolerate spices well. Ask the wait staff which dishes are less spicy.....there are lots of them. AND, they usually have a pitcher of water on the table if you do get something a bit too picante. I've never had a margarita here, but the Corona is mas fina.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Cleveland, Ohio
“Locals know this is a great place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

no questsion about it - this is a local hole in the wall place. The food was very good. Wthout a pitcher of margaritas (okay but not great) the bill for two of us was about $20. The "Daily Special" was good and way more food than I expected. Complementary chips and slasa were both sufficient and spicy. This is definitely a place I would go again - the food is authentic.

• Visited March 2013
Martinez, California
“Great food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

I'm picky when it comes to Mexican food ~ but I loved it! The restaurant was a bit loud. Our waiter was awesome and the food was downright delicious!

Visited March 2013
Naples, Florida
“Ehhhh”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

Not sure what the hype was all about. Chips and salsa was average...salsa was a little too spicy. Our server forgot my drink, i had to wait forever for it even after we reminded him. Ordered the chicken/beef fajita and did not enjoy it at all. The place was unique but i thought it was a little dirty. Will not go back

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Phoenix, Arizona
“Real Mexican Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

If you are looking for some good old school mexican food this place is amazing. Love the enchiladas and the chips and salsa. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. The other location is my Bank One Ballpark is great to eat at before or after a game.

Visited September 2012