“Good food”

Ranked #67 of 3,188 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Ultra Sleek. Ultra Urban. Central Phoenix Award-Winning Favorite with Great Food - Great Value - Strong Drinks - Fun Atmosphere. American Fare with a Moroccan Flare. Apps, Salads, Sandwiches, Burgers, Entrees, Desserts & More.
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The sweet potato and cinnamon fries are the best! Everything else I've tried was also delicious!
Prices are moderate.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

We were sort of disappointed. There is no question that the freshness of the food, the service, and the prices -- all are fine. The drinks are good -- and innovative. The portions are (very) large. The best thing we had was the sweet potato and cinnamon fries. The atmosphere is sort of a cross between industrial and modern.

But the name somewhat implies a Morroccan restaurant. There was basically nothing on the menu that was Morroccan or even midle eastern. The majority of the items (by far) are salads and chicken. No doubt healthful. I guess that we just were mistaken by the name of the place. We were looking for one of those great tagines and bstila. Or chorba. This place is more like mod-salads and evrery kind of roasted chicken you can think of. They also have salmon. I would say that the cousine is 'healthful'.

1  Thank QQ1234
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Delicious and fun vibe - like a mix between a brunch/lunch and a bar. The fez burger was delicious and creative. In fact all of the choices on the menu were unique and creative. Service was great and this place was packed.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

My Phoenix friends took me to this restaurant. I had a great time! The atmosphere was very upbeat and positive. Drinks and dinner were delicious.I thought everything was well priced. The tangier burger is a must try.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

I was on a business trip and went to try FEZ on a Monday evening after reading some inconsistent reviews. First, friendly and efficient service. I was ready to order a cold beer and the server suggested the margaritas on special for $4. I took her advice and was pleased. Cold and delicious. Since her recommendation was perfect on the drink, I took my servers advice again for dinner. Arroz con pollo, also on special for $6. It was fabulous! Spicy, red sauce, red bell pepper, and I thought that they might have added a bit of gumbo file. In any event, it was a respectable portion and a bargain for $6. It was so good that I considered ordering another one for dessert. Ordered another margarita instead. The bill totalled $14 which makes it the best dinner deal ever. At twice the price I still would be raving.
I highly recommend FEZ and will try to get back there.