WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Cibo

Cibo
Ranked #37 of 2,965 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Central City
Phoenix, Arizona
“Cibo always great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

Always love the Burrata, creamy fresh made mozzarella cheese with crusty Italian bread and prosciutto, Yum!
We also tried their new summer salad: grilled fresh peaches, bing cherries, beets, goat cheese with fresh arugula tossed in a Presecco viniagrette, another Yum!
We had the sausage and potato pizza, a double Yum!!!
I love Cibo and I would pretty much rate this as my favorite restaurant in Phoenix.
Only draw back, I wish that they were closer.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank hawaii83

“An unexpected surprise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

I'm Italian and usually when I'm abroad I like to try italian restaurants to see how close they are from our cusine. This one was a real surprise, especially the pizza. As a start we had arancini, very good, you can taste they are home made. Than we had the pizza. It was superb, great ingredients, great taste, as the real one! The dessert was good, crepe with nutella and mascarpone. Last but not least the price was not bad for the great dinner we had!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank White M
Hartford, Connecticut
“Great Italian food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

Do try out Cibo’s Restaurant for great Italian food and ambience. Sit outside if it isn’t too hot. The antipasto, salad and pizza were terrific.

Visited June 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Don't miss this one - very good gluten-free pizza crust”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

I loved this restaurant set in an old bungalow in downtown Phoenix. We cycled there from my hotel for dinner one night - they had a separate, spacious area for bike racks - and we sat outdoors in the leafy front garden. It had a lovely vibe, relaxed, friendly and it certainly didn't feel as though you were in the heart of a big city. The food was good and best of all, they make a really good gluten free pizza base which is no mean feat. They had a good selection of wines and the service was friendly and efficient. We really enjoyed the experience and highly recommend it.

• Visited May 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Good salads and pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

A group of 8 friends (4 couples) went here for dinner as it was near the theatre we would be attending for an evening performance. The evening special appetizer was arroncini, fried rice balls. The table shared one order. They were crispy but not greasy on the outside, with a filling that tasted more cheesy than ricey ~ and that's not a complaint. My husband and I snared a salad of mixed greens with goat cheese, candied wanuts, cucumbers, onions and strawberries. We got the balsamic vinaigrette on the side for better control and loved the flavor combination of this salad. Our pizza was the funghi, mushrooms over red sauce and mozzarella cheese. It was very thin with a crispy, slightly charred in places crust. Although flavorful, it was not carefully cut, with some overly huge slices and a few that were minuscule. Two dessert crepes (the only type of dessert served here) were shared bymthe table: crepe Suzette and nutella with banana. Both were delicious. But be warned ~ when you are asked if you want ice cream with it, that will be $2 extra. However, prices are fairly reasonable. The service was top notch although tables are a bit close to each other. I would return here if I was in the area again, although I would not make this a destination on it's own.

• Visited June 2013