“Small but big in flavor”
Review of Cibo

Cibo
Ranked #53 of 3,161 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central City
Reviewed January 12, 2013

For our grand daughter's birthday, we had lunch at Cibo Pizzeria. We were seated promptly for our 1 pm reservation and noted the place was packed on this Friday. The warren of small rooms and the bar area were full.
The only problem? They don't serve pizza at lunch time. Why, you ask? Good reason. They need the oven to fresh bake the saltimbocca bread to order.
Their sandwiches are unique in that this crispy, hot foccia style bread is baked in their pizza oven as your order hits the kitchen. Then it is stuffed with any of the numerous choices on the menu (about $9). Each come with a choice of salad, chips or fresh fruit and yogurt.
Everything, including the service, is spot on.
It may be a bit difficult to find (we passed it) because it is in a house on the corner and the only visible small sign is on an angle to the direction of traffic.

1  Thank l1106410

Reviewed January 11, 2013

A group of us went for my son's birthday. We were able to be in the separate room/house. That worked out quite nicely except that acoustics weren't good, so it was pretty loud. The service was good. And, everyone enjoyed the food. The various bruschettas were delicious. Will definitely go back.

1  Thank Larissa M
Reviewed January 9, 2013

If we come in for a salad or to share a pie, their tiny 2-tops are usually fine for us, however; this evening we were both planning on ordering meals and knew in advance the 2 top would be too small - so we asked for a 4-top for the extra room as we have done numerous times in the past. They had just opened and we pretty much had the run of the place except for a few tables seated ahead of us (both of which were couples seated at 4-tops incidentally). While their food is good, we pass much better restaurants on our way and really don't need pretentious attitude from a pizza monger, or anyone for that matter. The eye rolling, huffing, and the '...our space here is *reeeally* limited, but if you *have* to insist...". We simply asked nicely, and seriously thought we were being 'punked' by friends. When I asked the staff who the gentleman was who was so upset at our polite request in a near empty restaurant on a Tuesday at open, she replied 'he's the owner'. Buddy: Good luck with the 'tude. Chris Bianco's and several others are *right around the corner*, with not only James Beard awards but wonderful souls/spirits as well. Slept on this for some time before posting - I don't like to write bad reviews. I'm hopful this was a rare off day for him, but the impression I got from the staff was that this was his usual and customary attitude. Eeek!! Forewarned is forearmed. Heads up!!!

Reviewed December 27, 2012

This place has a nice atmosphere, we sat outside on the patio. The pizza is good--although I have had better, but it came close. we had a white and a red pizza between the four of us. overall, I plan to return next time I am in Phoenix

Reviewed December 11, 2012

My husband and I stumbled upon this place after walking around First Fridays. What an unexpected and excellent surprise! The outdoor patio has a fire place during the winter, live music on the weekends and pretty lights. This is the perfect place to take a date.

And the food is heavenly. I have yet to try anything that I didn't love, but a few musts to try: the Diavola andTartufata pizzas are so good and get there early to order the Burrata you will not be disappointmented. Also, as hard as it may be save room for dessert. The crepes are amazing.

The only not so positve thing I could ever say about this place is that it can be a little slow. So go in expecting to be patient, have a glass of wine and wait for some delicious food.