“It used to be good”

Cuisines: Italian
Neighborhood: Ahwatukee Foothills
Neighborhood: Ahwatukee Foothills
Reviewed September 19, 2013

When Bell Italia first opened we thought it was wonderful, however, perhaps due to the economy, we noticed the quality has been decreasing and sorry to say, but after last evening, we will no longer be loyal patrons. We ordered a 2 pizzas for takeout. First of all the price is ridiculous - $38.00 for 2 mediocre pizzas. When I think of the quality and price of the pizza we get in NY - no comparison. The pepperoni tasted awful, the quality of the meat is very poor. Also, the sauce was sour and there was hardly any cheese on the pizza. The only good thing I can say about the pizza was the crust. The absolute worse however, was the black hair on one of the slices. What can I say, I'm sure it happens, but when it happensn to me, I'm appalled. I wanted to call them, but not because I wanted a refund, but to let them know that I was sadly dissapointed in the quality of their pizza. This was my last visit.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

We have been there a couple of times and have had great service but make sure you call ahead for reservations because it is small and gets crowded by locals.

The pasta was delicious!
The pitcher of Sangria was some of the best I've ever had!
Skip the desserts. We tried two different ones and were definitely disappointed.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

What a gem! Great food and friendly service. My kids devoured the pizza and are asking to go back for more. The sangria is good, good, good.

1  Thank TubbinFool
Reviewed February 9, 2013

This is a great little place. Their pizza has the best crust EVER. There is good sangria too. Only once we had desert (cannoli); it was presented beautifully and tasted so good. The staff (family owned and staffed) is friendly and personable. The service is great. It's a tiny place which makes for great atmosphere. Come dressed up for date night, for a family meal, with out of town guests, or after a day of hiking. Bell' Italia fits any occasion. I wish we lived closer so we could come more often.

1  Thank Susan P
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Always have great food there except one time (and have been there many times). Pizza and sangria are always good but the lasagna is not up to par with the rest of the menu items. Still a 5 star restaurant.