“Another excellent meal”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: North Mountain
Reviewed December 23, 2012

I've been going to Anzio's off and on since it opened. The food is always very good and very consistent. I've traveled all over the United States and without a doubt, Anzio's has the best wings of any place I've been. Try them medium hot, extra crispy.

There are newer reviews for Anzio's Italian Restaurant

Reviewed September 27, 2012

I have been here for many special occasions. Very realaxing. Nice to watch the airplanes fly in while your are eating. Just wonderful food and service.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Red sauce is wonderful - pizzas are wonderful with all the best of quality ingredients. Love their garlic bread, chicken parmesan, meatball sandwich, lasagna and cinnamon bread for dessert.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

Happened across this location the evening. The atmosphere was friendly with scenic murals of italy. The food was awesome and served by great wait staff, who made sure you had anything you could want. Oh and family friendly with respect to atmosphere and price!! Loved it!

Reviewed June 28, 2012

Last week, I took my husband to Anzio's Landing for dinner. I used to frequent the restaurant and bar several years ago, and wondered if the food was as good as I remembered. Well, it wasn't. I would say the food was very good, but not as excellent as it used to be.

The restaurant decor hadn't changed much, if any, from the last time I was there, yet nothing was in need of refurbishing. It had been well-maintained, and was clean. The restaurant had that wonderful garlic aroma you expect when you go out for fine Italian food. We requested to be seated by the large window so we could watch the small planes taking off from Falcon Field. There were no tablecloths on the wooden tables, but there were linen napkins.

We started with a glass of wine, and garlic bread was promptly served. Then came our shared appetizer: the seafood sampler. My husband loves mussels, but wasn't particularly fond of the style of preparation of these mussels. I enjoyed the seafood stuffed mushrooms, and the calamari was alright. Next came the salads, which were nicely topped with a slice of mandarin. For our main course, I had the cheese tortellini with alfredo sauce, and my husband had seafood linguine alfredo. We both thought the alfredo sauce was a little too runny, as if watered down. I was somewhat disappointed that manicotti was no longer on the menu, as it would have been my first choice.

For dessert, we shared cannoli. One order consisted of 3 mini-cannoli. They, too, were very good, but far from the best we've ever had.

The staff were very courteous and efficient. There were only 3 other tables with patrons while we were there, so it was quiet and relaxing.

I felt dinner was not outrageously priced, but was considerably more than we would normally spend for dining out, other than for a special occasion. Our bill for the two of us came to just under $90 for wine, appetizer, salad, main course, and shared dessert.

I would certainly eat there again, but would not order an alfredo dish or mussels next time.