WorldMark Phoenix - South Mountain Preserve
$67
GardenInn.com
Courtyard by Marriott Phoenix North(Phoenix)(Great Value!)
$89
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
$159
  • Pool
Arizona Grand Resort & Spa(Phoenix)(Great Value!)
$169
$84
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of $127/night.

All reviewscar garagethree bedroomthrough rcifull kitchenbedrooms and two bathroomstwo bedroom unitwashing machineminute driveoutlet mallquiet locationlocation is excellenthot tubbit datedflat screennice propertyclose to the airportdesert
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Okay, so the place is renovating all the units but there are way too many negatives. We have NEVER been treated so poorly in all our years of travel no matter where it has been. First, the management does NOT have a clue what customer service is. The resort use to be a condo complex that has been converted to vacation properties. Amenities are few. Coffee maker, sparse kitchen utensils and hair dryer. Currently most of the televisions are the old tube style and have cable but no chart of television stations. They do NOT change the sheets which is okay but they use 2 flat sheets instead of 1 flat and 1 fitted. They do NOT make beds or vacuum the floors. Also they do NOT tell you up from that you can get laundry soaps, shampoos, garbage bags and bar soap but asking the front desk. Had to go back to front desk 4 days in a row to FINALLY get someone to clean the bathrooms and replenish the towels. FOUR DAYS! Management told me to call them if there were problems but neither of the 2 phones worked! They said it was the phone companies problem not theirs. Really? What if there is an emergency? Carpeting stained and filthy. The air conditioning was adequate for the main living room and kitchen area but if you close the bedroom doors the a/c will not get into the bedrooms. The maintenance guy told us that RCI owns 10 of the units, a private party owns 6 and Wyndham the rest. Three owners working with 1 management company that has no clue. When I went to the front office today to complain about no towels, cleaning, etcetera, the manager was sitting in his office wearing slacks and a T shirt. What kind of professionalism is that? T shirt? I don't blame the employees as I figure the leadership from the top is poor and no one has had proper training in the hospitality industry. Even once this place is 100% remodeled the management will still have the poor attitude and lack of customers service that they do now. No restaurant, snack bar or bar on the premises. Closest restaurant is about 1 1/2 miles away as is the grocery store for your cooking needs. Would I recommend this place to anyone? NOT A CHANCE! Stay away, far away.

Room Tip: No comment. Just do yourself a favor and stay away.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Steve G
Reviewed July 17, 2012

I had high hopes of a nice stay with our family. The manager was kind enough to upgrade us to 2 -2bdrm units instead of a 3 bdrm which worked great for our large family.Both units were nice and had most anything we could need. All the support staff was great from the people at the check in desk to housekeeping and maintenance (we did have several maintenance issues). On the 2nd day, things went downhill when we brought some floating lounge items etc. down to the pool again. The desk clerk came out and told us (after a long walk over with them in 113 degree heat), that we coud not use them. We set them aside and said we would not use them but would like to speak to the manager as I had been told on the phone we would be able to use them or we would not have brought them. (Due to remodeling, the resort was practically empty and we had not seen a single person at the pool, so the items were not in anyones way while we waited.) A short time later, he (the manager) came storming across the pool area and began chewing me out about having the pool items, shouting at me in front of my whole family and any other guests who may have been on nearby patios. He demanded that we get them out of the pool area and back to our room immediately. He never once introduced himself or talked calmly, but was very abrupt and rude and then just stormed away. He truly talked to me as if I were a small child in trouble.
We are respectful guests and have never been treated this way at any resort we have stayed at (we have stayed at many). We were all shocked and never felt comfortable or welcome from that moment on.
I would never stay at this resort again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank love2travel610305
Reviewed June 20, 2012

The property is nothing like the pictures. The unit we checked into probably had not been used in some time, as there was dust on all surfaces and carpet very old dirty. Had to call maint on 2 separate occasions for a washing machine that over flowed and flooded the garge in addition to a garge door that would close. With all the problems we were treated as if we caused these problems and we were inconviencing the staff. Beds , couches and orher furnishing old uncomfortable and stake smelling. A/c so loud could not hear Tv or even carry on conversation with someone ten feet from you.

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank SunBurnsaz
Reviewed June 6, 2012

I've read the reviews here and was concerned about our stay at this place. I think that there are valid points in most of the reviews about the condition of the resort. It could use an upgrade. The carpet in our unit did need to be replaced. Kitchen utensils could be increased. However, I've travelled enough over the past 40 years that I know to come prepared. We bring our own bedding because of fragrances. I pack my own kitchen knives, baggies, zip locks, hangars and little items that you would have around your home that you use on a daily basis.

We are hikers and golfers, so this was a perfect location for us. I combined a bit of business with a fun stay and enjoyed the resort. We don't spend much time in our room when we travel, unless the weather is bad. You do need a car and a little research on tripadvisor will clue you in on restaurants and attractions. I also bring my GPS with

Do your homework on tripadvisor and come prepared. This place is what you make of it. Just realize that this is not a 5 star resort but it was clean and comfortable for us.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Golfingmike
Reviewed May 4, 2012

This was our first time staying at the Desert Arroyo and found it to be perfect to our needs, despite our hesitation because of previous reviews. The kitchen and restroom were fully stocked and clean. Our only issue we had were the stray hairs on the comforter... But even then that is minor. The apartment looks to have been recently remodeled, but the owners never replaced the carpet. So while it was clean the carpet in our room looked dirty. Overall, this was a very pleasant place to stay and we will be staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple