“Terrible, not worth the money at all. Would never travel with them again”

Arizona Tour & Travel - Day Tours
$103.89*
Tucson Day Tour
Ranked #17 of 55 Tours in Phoenix
More attraction details
Owner description: Personalized sightseeing tours of the West. Specializing in Grand Canyon, Sedona, Arizona and Utah
Reviewed November 4, 2009

Not worth it at all. Use another tour company if coming to Phoenix.

1  Thank Mandi29
tourguy25, Customer Service Manager at Arizona Tour & Travel - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2009

I am truly sorry this guest had a disappointing tour. Unfortunately the guest did not say what the they were unhappy about where we could try to make it right for them.

Constructive criticism helps us to improve for our future travelers. Without details I am at a loss as to how to help Mandi.

Open Road Tours' mission is to share our love of Arizona with our traveling guests. When we miss that mission, we will attempt to make it right. Thank you, Mandi, for traveling with us, we will be happy to discuss your trip with you personally.

Reviewed September 22, 2009

We had a long (but amazing) day at the Grand Canyon. Tour guide (Princely) was awesome - very informative and friendly. He definitely made the tour for us!

Reviewed August 4, 2009

My trip to the Apache Trail/Dolly Steamboat with this company was one of the best I have ever been on!!!! Our tour guide was a extremely friendly, an excellent driver & knew everything there is to know about this area & Arizona. I had my daughter with me & all of her questions were answered with patience & encouragement to ask more.

Reviewed August 3, 2009

I wanted to send relatives on a trip to Grand Canyon and found Open Road with help from a local hotel. It was definitely a great decision. The person who took our reservation was friendly and helpful when it came to choosing a trip for my family. The tour guide was outstanding - funny and full of great information. I couldn't have asked for a better trip. Will definitely use this company again.

Reviewed May 24, 2009

Asked to be picked up at the Fairfied Inn at Scottsdale and Bell, but they refused because they would have to drive 3 additional miles. The owner Wayne does not seem to understand customer satisfaction. His reason for refusing to be flexible was because I did not call 48 hrs in advance to confirm the tour. And he only had one other pickup in Phoenix before leaving to Sedona, so it does not make sense. Would not recommend using this tour operator.

tourguy25, Owner at Arizona Tour & Travel - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2009

Customer very combative. Explained to him we had been trying to locate him. His voucher clearly stated he was to confirm pickup location and time 48 hours before the tour departed. He called at 6 p.m. and his pickup was then next morning.
He first mentioned the pickup location I then agreed we would pick him up at that location. He then changed his mind and wanted another pickup location that was in North Scottsdale and that would have put my driver out of his legal hours.

Federal DOT rules dictate how many hours a driver may be on duty. To comply with these rules, on this particular day with all of the other pickups in the opposite side of town, our driver would have been illegal to pickup this guest where he wanted to be picked up.
I gave him three options for pickups, he was not happy with any. I told hike we could pick him up at the hotel he wanted on the next day, that did not satisfy him. I explained to him about driver hours, he was not interested in anything other than where he wanted to be picked up.
Our company is very customer service oriented. The customer is our number one priority and we strive to have 100% happy customers.
We appreciate all of our customers and I would be happy to extend a complimentary city tour to this person to make up for any inconvenience.
Thank you for letting me explain our position.