See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed February 12, 2018 via mobile

I came to visit a friend in Mesa and wasn’t expecting to stay in a hotel. Found this room in Expedia cause it was cheap. I wouldn’t pay anything more than that. The room i stayed in was nice. Very comfortable king size bed. The restroom is in dire need of updating and repairs. Faucet was loos, toilet was very loud and took forever to quiet down after a flush and would make noise in its own. The staff at front desk were very kind. When checking in the key card machine wasn’t working. We all had to wait a few minutes for it to swipe. Imagine waiting while 5 or so guests try to get to their room. She mentioned it’s been a problem for a while. The area is kinda sketchy and some of the guests were suspect.. but we only slept here two nights and didn’t stay in the area. The room had a desk & chair. Ironing beard but no iron. Don’t know if you had to request it. Downstairs rooms have no privacy if you want to open the curtains. A nice flatscreen was provided with plenty of channels. There was a mini fridge and microwave. We plugged the fridge in but the water bottles inside stayed warm. Don’t know if it didn’t work or the plug. Didn’t try again.

Stayed: February 2018, traveled with family
vacationinnphoenix, Manager at Vacation Inn Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2018

Thank you for all of the great info and feedback, we really appreciate your business. We apologize about the key cards and thanks again for the kind words.

Reviewed January 20, 2018 via mobile

Choose somewhere else. I did not know the "bad areas" of Phoenix, but this must be one of them. Just looking at all the people hanging out, looking into cars as they pass by, I know what's going on .. I'm not naive. Bad element. Hoping into the cage door felt like how it must feel stopping into jail. Inside the room was ok, but with a broken for lock, I had to stay ready for anything.

Besides that, they ask for a $50 deposit. They will try to keep that! I am in the middle of a problem now! They told me at checkout that it is in the process of being returned, but ... my bank received a charge for the room deposit and room charge!!!!

*** Here's my suggestion ... I usually to go through #priceline, but now they are tired with booking.com. This is the 3rd time out of 4 that the hotel is trying to steal money and hope I don't notice! If i can't prepay through #priceline, I will no longer get the room!!

Stayed: January 2018, traveled on business
vacationinnphoenix, Public Relations Manager at Vacation Inn Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2018

We are thankful for you taking the time to let us know how we are doing, we are so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay this time, I can assure you that we do not take the deposit for no reason, I will message the manager with your review so that we can go over this information in the front desk meeting. Please feel free to speak with Chelsea our front desk manager and she can help to resolve any ongoing issues. Thanks again for the info.

Reviewed November 30, 2017

A hotel for the price paid! Decent accommodations, good enough with the basic necessities. The fridge and microwave were in the room but were not hooked up, and they did not fix it when I requested. But I was not in great need of it so I did not bother complaining. Bath room was clean enough but the carpeting looked old.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled solo
vacationinnphoenix, Manager at Vacation Inn Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2017

We are so sorry that the fridge and microwave were not hooked up, however just plugging them in should have made them work. Again we are sorry that no one came to make sure this was handled, however we are happy that you enjoyed your stay and that you thought our price point was great! Thank you for your business.

Reviewed November 18, 2017

This is a typical inter-city hotel. I have lived in places similar to this. Honestly, one of the best night sleeps I had on my trip. The room had everything I needed. But, there were some things I didn't like. First, they charged me a deposit. When I brought it up, the girl at the desk said that it was noted on the reservation confirmation. Nope, not on the hotels.com listing or the confirmation, unless it was hidden somewhere I didn't see it. For me a deposit is big red flag about the type of people who normally use the hotel. Secondly, instead of a door, they had a metal gate going to the building where I stayed. Third, there appeared to be a lot of mis-matched people living together. Not necessarily a bad thing, just a sign of a cheap hotel in the city maybe. I won't go back but not because of a bad experience, just won't stay anywhere you are charged a deposit. Particularly a deposit you are not told of up front before booking. Also just a warning, there are not a lot of choices for food in the area. There is an Arby's within walking distance.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled solo
vacationinnphoenix, Manager at Vacation Inn Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2017

Thank you for your info. Yes we are an older hotel but do our best to keep it comfortable and clean, most hotels charge a security deposit for incidentals, however you do not even notice this as it is on your Credit Card. the money is held and returned when you leave, without incident. We do understand that this was new to you and thanks again for sharing, we hope that this helps. In addition it is our hotel policy, not Hotels .com with that said it is always best to book directly with any hotel not a 3rd party, but we do understand many people are just trying to get the best deals out there. We wish you the best in your future travels and thanks again for the feedback.

Reviewed November 8, 2017

First day: killed two roaches. 2nd day: killed another two roaches. 3rd day: We got up earlier than usual, and as a consequence, I killed THREE roaches, saw another TWO, and my partner killed another two. Absolutely disgusting. The room stank of cigarette smoke and the toilet did not flush. On checking out, we told the desk clerk about the roaches. Not surprised at all, she mumbled something about calling someone to take care of it. Yeah. Not holding my breath. We would have been more comfortable sleeping in the car.

Room Tip: Do not choose 138. That's the room we stayed in. Bad toilet, overrun with roaches.
  • Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
vacationinnphoenix, Manager at Vacation Inn Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2017

We absolutely understand and we are so very sorry for your experience. I will make sure that we send it over to the manager/owner for review and to make sure we get this handled as soon as possible.