“Big Disappointment”
Review of Durant's

Durant's
Ranked #10 of 89 Nightlife in Phoenix
Reviewed March 8, 2017 via mobile

I had been to Durant's multiple times over the years really enjoyed it. This time, it was an awful experience. I was at the bar and the service was terrible. Both bartenders paced up and down the bar, but didn't offer service. There were no smiles and the woman was very poorly groomed. I had to plead to get an appetizer and had a circular debate about wine, as they didn't have any of several I tried to order so requested the closest they had to what I had asked for and they kept asking which one I wanted. I left after the appetizer which was really disappointing as I was really looking forward to dinner and spent $40 round trip to Uber there. Other reviews mention long waits for drinks, it may be time to refresh the bar staff.

3  Thank Robin G

Reviewed February 16, 2017 via mobile

We made our Valentines/Anniversary dinner visit to Durant's and had a wonderful dining experience! Durant's is everything you could want in a fine dining night. The ambiance is old style steakhouse classic in every way. The service is classy. Walking in every staff person said a cheerful hi as we went by. The food, with a wonderful selection, is truly great! They have excellent drink selection along with a great wine list. We finished up with a heavenly cheesecake for desert.
One small caution...if you want a reservation on a date like Valentines you need to make it 3 or 4 weeks ahead. Those dates fill up fast.

Reviewed January 29, 2017 via mobile

We dined at Durants on Thursday evening. The drinks,and Prime rib were superb. Great steaks as well and nice wine list

Reviewed June 22, 2016

We love going to Durant's. There are enough reviews out there to tell you how great the food and service are. Can't contribute much more than this is the place to go to celebrate any occasion. The decor is so San Francisco with the cherry wood, dim lighting, etc. You can't go wrong making a reservation on Open Table for a romantic dinner for two. We were fortunate enough to have Greg as our waiter this last time. He could not have been more professional making certain he attended to our every need. Their portions of food are beyond belief. Having ordered a prime rib sandwich which included a salad and their fabulous bread was more than enough to take home for an additional meal. Do yourself a favor and make a reservation today.

See more reviews
Reviewed May 29, 2016

I love "Old Style Steakhouses", always heard and wanted to try Durant's. We came partially for AZ restaurant week. I made the reservation for 7:00 on Saturday. When we arrived there was ample spaces for parking, no need for the valet service. Atmosphere was "Old school", great feel., busy, tables filled and moderately loud.

Our waiter Craig introduced himself, we ordered drinks while reviewing the menu. I took advantage of the AZ Restaurant week menu: A glass of Red Wine, House salad, 12 oz. Prime Rib w/Mash Potatoes, Chocolate Indulgence Cake and Coffee, all for $44 (good deal). My dining partners ordered the Shrimp Cocktail and shared the 48 oz. Porterhouse.

Service was a little slow in the beginning, long wait to take out drink order and then long wait to place our orders, but then picked up after we did finally order. Steaks were done to perfection (needs more seasoning though), mash potatoes (not good). Relish Tray, Garlic Bread, Salads were all good. Dessert was very good.

Service good, food good, definitely worth going for the experience at least once.