“Nice food, but expensive”
Review of Durant's

Durant's
Ranked #10 of 89 Nightlife in Phoenix
Reviewed November 5, 2011

I went to this restaurant because I heard it's a Phoenix Legend. The food was good, but it was expensive and the restaurant was noisy. Dinner per person will run you about $40.00 without cocktails.

Reviewed July 4, 2008

I used to work for a company several buildings away from Durant's, so we often went here for special team building lunches. The place definitely has character, from the red velvet everywhere to the dark lighting and impressive huge fresh flower bouquets everywhere.

I would suggest only coming for special lunches tho. The food is good and it'll be an experience, but definitely not worth the crazy evening rates. Several co-workers wanted to share the experience with their families, and reported the next day that it was overpriced and not worth it.

Durant's regularly advertises in local parenting magazines, although I can't think why -- who are they kidding, it's not a family restaurant. As a mother of a 2yr old, I'd never bring my family here. It's just plain too dark to monitor what's going on with kids. The atmosphere is also very adult oriented, and almost every company visitor we took for the first time all got the same impression -- very mafia-esque.

Also be advised of their cell phone policy -- they're not permitted in the restaurant, not even checking your email on your blackberry. In our team lunches, there was always someone who didn't believe us -- rest assured, if the glimmer of your phone's screen is spotted, you will be accosted by a grumpy waitress who will coldly inform you of their policy. Maybe that's why it's always so dark....

1  Thank pipinz