“challenges ahead”
Review of Vistal Golf Club

Vistal Golf Club
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Vistal was played by our group 8-26. The course is in extremely good shape for the valley in late August. The greens were a little bumpy, but very manageable. Fairways narrow, but in great shape. Service is top notch as we were met curbside, just like valet service and had a smile and good words. What more could a person ask for?! Round took 3.15 hours!

There are newer reviews for Vistal Golf Club

Reviewed December 20, 2012

I have played golf for 54 years. I have been in the golf business for 31 years. I currently own and operate a golf course. For twenty years I did own and operate two courses. I mention these things because I hope it will give some insight into my comments. We played this course, today, 12/20/12. We paid $38.00 for golf and cart and here in Phoenix that is a very, very low rate. It may mislead you into thinking you are getting a bargain. This course has a history of changing ownership and deferred maintenance. Sooner or later you pay the piper for deferred maintenance. Apparently now is "later". Everywhere you look you see and experience the results of inadequate maintenance. I observed NO maintenance workers on the course. The fairways are barely disernable from the rough. Could the barely different color be the result of dye? The greens should have been closed until they had adequate grass coverage. There are more bouncing balls on these greens than in a NBA game. The idea of a round of golf is to have an enjoyable time. With that in mine I would not play this course for free tomorrow. You have many, many other preferable options available. I do agree with the other reviews that the staff was friendly and attentive.

2  Thank birdie6464
Reviewed March 21, 2012

My father and I played Vistal Golf Club this March. We got on for $39 each. It has been dry and the course wasn't in great shape this year as in previous. It was a very fun course with an enjoyable lay out and some spectacular views. I will be back!

Reviewed March 7, 2012

My buddy and I try to get to Phoenix once a year to play in the South Mountain area. There are alot of pricey courses in the area, and when we booked at Vistal, which was much less expensive, we weren't really expecting much. We were pleasantly surprised. The staff were extremely accommodating and friendly. the course was in quite good shape. The views of the City and surrounding area were fantastic!!! The restaurant patio was great too. Good food and beverage at reasonable prices. We liked it so much we did a replay, and went back a couple of days later.

Reviewed March 7, 2012

The staff were very friendly, and the facilities nice and clean.
My husband and I golf with 2 gentlemen from the eastern US, we are from Canada. This course has potential, but, big but, it was in a very rustic state. This was my first experience playing on painted fairways. Yes, they were painted green! Took me a few minutes to notice, but the crunch of the grass underfoot and the over spray around the edges gave it away. Apparently they decided not to overseed this fall. Doesn't make for great fairways. The course was a bit slow, but we are out to have a good time and enjoy the weather so, that wasn't that huge of an issue. I couldn't see me paying to play it again in the condition it was in.

1  Thank Deanna W