“So much more than we were expecting!”

Western Destinations Canyon Creek Ranch - Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Canyon Creek Ranch is nestled on 130 breathtaking acres in Cold Water Canyon, just twenty miles north of Phoenix in Black CanyonCity, Arizona. The ranch is surrounded by 71,000 acres of National Monument land, featuring rugged hills, fantastic volcanic formations, ancient Native American petroglyphs and the Agua Fria River. The ranch offers great views of the surrounding mountains and miles of natural Sonoran desert to explore and enjoy.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So much more than we were expecting!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Wow. Wow. Wow. What an exceptional experience. I have ridden at many ranches across the country. This one handily beats them all. Riding the horses was almost as much fun as hangin' out with the wranglers. We were totally not expecting the old town experience in the middle if the ride. Drinking at the bar in the saloon, tomahawk throwing and pistol shooting?! Mega added bonus. Ashley and Gabe, our wranglers, asked me to remind all of you readers how much more fun they were to ride with than Chris Brown. In all sincerity, all ten of us in my group were made to feel like we belonged by everyone at the ranch. I'm going to have a smile on my face for days. The unquestionable highlight of our trip. Wow. Just wow.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Ty T

San Jose, California
“Wrangler Aaron was great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

Our famiily had a great time horseback riding at the Canyon Creek Ranch this evening. Our wrangler Aaron was very helpful with assisting us throughout the riding experience. He educated us on the wildlife and plants in the canyon during the ride. We could not have asked for a better guide! My boys (12 and 15 years old) also liked the ax throwing and the 22 gauge pistol shooting at the old cowboy town. After the activities, we had a terrific steak and chicken dinner prepared by Opal. Her hospitality was fantastic. I would highly recommend this ranch to anyone interested in a unique horseback riding experience in Arizona.

Visited June 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Chris Brown rocks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

Chris was an exceptional host and he gave us a great horse ride through the gorgeous Black Canyon area. Chris also gave us the best tomahawk throwing experience, gun shooting and archery event. It was truly memorable. I don't know Rusty but he can't be as good as Chris.

We were inexperienced riders from Canada and Chris gave us the best time of our trip. Great job! Chris rocks!

Vancouver, Canada
“Thank you Rusty!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

This private tour turned out to be AMAZING. Our guide Rusty went above and beyond and we had such an educational experience. The best part was heading to the old cowboy town, and playing different western games! A.short drive from Scottsdale and a must do activity for all ages!

Visited May 2014
Minneapolis, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Honesty”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

From the instant we saw Mike, we knew we were in for an honest to goodness great western ranch riding experience. I showed up wearing breeches, however ... ha. Mike and all the ranch hands were considerate and kind about that, but, I suppose, they knew they were going to put a tomahawk and bow and arrows in my hand at some point. We laughed and made jokes all day. The fabulous riding adventure aside, I have 3 horses of my own and a small farm so I take notice of the "conditions" of the animals and their home. I was happy to see the horses were well cared for, well trained and their surroundings were clean and well kept. I'll go back to Canyon Creek Ranch, if not for my vacation horse fix, certainly to have some laughs and share honest horse stories. Give Disco a hug for me until I return, guys.

Visited April 2014