“Enjoyable day with Rich!”

Western Destinations Canyon Creek Ranch - Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Canyon Creek Ranch is nestled on 130 breathtaking acres in Cold Water Canyon, just twenty miles north of Phoenix in Black CanyonCity, Arizona. The ranch is surrounded by 71,000 acres of National Monument land, featuring rugged hills, fantastic volcanic formations, ancient Native American petroglyphs and the Agua Fria River. The ranch offers great views of the surrounding mountains and miles of natural Sonoran desert to explore and enjoy.
Allentown, Pennsylvania
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Enjoyable day with Rich!”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

My husband, two daughters and I spent a wonderful day with Rich at Canyon Creek Ranch last week. We rode horses through the desert at a very leisurely pace and visited a "small western town" to experience what it might have been like to be an early settler there. My family and I learned to rope, throw "tomahawks" both forwards and backwards and shoot a real 22 for target practice. We also learned how to use a bow and arrow which my daughter loved as it brought out her inner Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games. It was so fun to spend the day doing something so different on our vacation. Rich was a wonderful guide and he taught us how to do everything so we felt comfortable. I would highly recommend this leisurely day when you visit the area.

Black Canyon City, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Canyon Creek Ranch”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

We are staying in the Black canyon City, AZ area and wanted to check out this ranch. Could not find it on our own so I called the number on the website and a very nice woman said they do offer tours, for horseback riding and enjoying their 'old town'. When I explained we just wanted to go in and have a look and take some pictures, she said no problem. She arranged for one of the Cowboys, Rusty, to come to our campsite and lead us out to the ranch! Rusty was our guide for the whole 3 1/2 hours we were there, first taking us to the old Saloon and offering beverages, then showing us al around the 'old town', complete with target shooting, hatchet throwing, roping, archery and other 'games' for us to participate in. Along the way he told us local history, pointed out the native plants and showed us interesting things about each. They serve a lunch and dinner every day which is part of the cost to get in. I would highly recommend the Canyon Creek ranch if you are in the area!

1 Thank Wendy E
Andreas, Pennsylvania
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“I don't think anyone could be unhappy with this!”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I wanted to go horseback riding in the desert, and I was very surprised by how much was included in the ride. You are going to want to spend some time and really enjoy everything. I really liked how you got one guide for each group, and our guide Rusty really took his time with us. I really enjoyed learning about the cactus and animals, and whupping my husband's butt on the shooting range. My only regret was that it got so cold we cut our time in the town a little short. Next time we will plan on making a day of it and try the jeep tour too.

1 Thank megon d
Toronto, Canada
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Amazing Experience - Not to be missed!”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

We recently visited the Canyon Creek Ranch for a fantastic private horseback ride and tour. Our wrangler, Rusty, was a great guide who was very knowledgeable and entertaining. We had a fantastic afternoon horseback riding, playing horseshoes, throwing tomahawks, shooting a bow and arrows, steer roping, learning how to shoot and playing the quick draw game among many other things. We always felt welcome by everyone we met along the way and never felt rushed. The cook-out dinner was delicious and the scenery was breathtaking!
Worth every penny of the [very reasonable] cost.
We will definitely visit again!

Visited November 2013
2 Thank Lisa R
Brampton, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best adventure ever!”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

We had the greatest horseback ride with our wrangler,'Tex'. He was very knowledgeable about all things Arizona! The scenery was incredible; lots to see and do - archery and shooting lessons. A very interesting flavour of ice cream in the freezer in the saloon! We will definitely be back.

Visited November 2013