“Outstanding experience!!”

Western Destinations Canyon Creek Ranch - Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Canyon Creek Ranch is nestled on 130 breathtaking acres in Cold Water Canyon, just twenty miles north of Phoenix in Black CanyonCity, Arizona. The ranch is surrounded by 71,000 acres of National Monument land, featuring rugged hills, fantastic volcanic formations, ancient Native American petroglyphs and the Agua Fria River. The ranch offers great views of the surrounding mountains and miles of natural Sonoran desert to explore and enjoy.
Reviewed March 1, 2012

We had an incredible time horse back riding, tomahawk throwing, pistol shooting and beer drinking with Joe C. He was the perfect guide being a true born and raised cowboy. He was funny, charming, courteous, knowledgeable and trustworthy all at once. We immediately felt comfortable even though we were inexperienced riders. We will never forget this experience. The horses are also especially well behaved and lovely. Great value for your money and well worth it!

1  Thank Adventurer2012
Write a ReviewReviews (1,272)

Reviewed March 1, 2012

We went to Robson's Ranch last year for a friend's engagement party. It was an unbelievable experience. A real trip back in time! in just 24 hrs we were able to go skeet shooting, horseback riding, hiking beautiful mountains, riding jeeps, take a walking tour through an old mine town, dancing and singing... all this while surrounded by extremely friendly people. Just about a month ago we decided to go to Canyon Creek Ranch, another Western Destination. Best Saturday I've spent in a long time. Amazing quality time with my wife and son. I'm a fan!

Reviewed February 26, 2012

This was my family's favorite day during our week in Phoenix! To be honest, we were a little uncertain at first when we met our guide, Rusty, at a local restaurant and followed him back to the ranch. As it turned out, the whole day was a blast...from beginning to end. Rusty was great. The whole staff had great senses of humor. Our steak dinner was fabulous...perfect for growing, hungry boys! We had so much fun playing the "cowboy games" that I suspect we will be back someday! It was money well spent for memories that will last a long time.

Reviewed February 25, 2012

My cowboy for the morning ride was Joe C. and he was the best. You will not meet a more down to earth, salt of the earth fellow than Joe. He has been cowboying all of his life and exceedingly knowledgeable on horses and the area. He was very respectful of this city slicker. I was delighted to give him a well deserved nice tip on top for the great value I received. Be sure to request the best cowboy for your experience! Jim W.

Reviewed February 22, 2012

This was the highlight of our trip. We enjoyed the time we spent there and felt like we had been friends with Joe C for a long time. Riding the horses and having fun in the western town. My husband and I did not want the day to end. We will be back and hope its soon.