“Pleasant surprise”

Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport
Ranked #29 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed March 16, 2014

My room was clean and totally adequate, and the service was great. Everyone was exceptionally friendly. The biggest surprise was the hotel restaurant. Our rate (I was there on business) ended up having breakfast included, and that was a huge plus--the breakfast buffet was totally legit and high-quality. The coffee was strong and fresh, and each table got its own carafe. We were working long days, and after the first day we were so exhausted that we decided to give the hotel restaurant a try for dinner, and we were all totally impressed. We ended up going back the next night. The bar also had a great happy hour, and they even put out some free appetizers.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Algorithmforblotto
RadGM, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Thank you for your nice feedback and great comments regarding the friendly service and RBG Bar & Grill. The restaurant is just one of our many guest driven amenities including the Fitness Center, Pool/spa and Business Center. I hope you can return on a pleasure trip to enjoy all the valley of the sun has to offer!
Ted Trembath - General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,096)

Reviewed March 14, 2014

Excellent service by everyone at the Raddison Phoenix Airport.
Being a Club Carlson Gold member we were upgraded to a suite on the business floor. Excellent view of the mountains.
Bathroon showing it's age but clean.
Pool could use a little more cleaning though.
Would definately return!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write your great review. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your upgraded room and view of Camelback Mountain. I appreciate your loyalty to the Carlson brands and look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Very clean rooms, Great food, & Excellent service. The room was quiet and spotless. 4 star hotel but the food and service is 5 star. We had to stay a couple of nights because we missed our flight, but because the room was so nice we didn't mind that we had missed our flight.

Room Tip: Try to request a room up high because the pool area can get noisy.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank koenbar
RadGM, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Thank you for your great review and for sharing with others your experience at the Radisson Phoenix Airport. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the food at RBG Bar & Grill as well as the service. I am sorry you missed your flight but very happy you enjoyed your unplanned stop in our home. Hopefully next time you can plan your visit and enjoy the great sites and flavors one has access to using the Radisson Phoenix Airport as your jumping off point.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

Made a reservation for one nite, paid in full in advance and when we arrived to check in were told that others had extended their stay so there was no room for us. It was 1:30am and they "walked" us to a lesser hotel down the road. I've stayed in this hotel before and thought it was nice but this was terrible customer service. Beware!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Cherylswroth
RadGM, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

I regret that we were unable to accommodate your reservation on that night. This does not happen often and it is always unfortunate to our valued guest that we are forced to relocate. I can assure you that we have many systems in place to minimize this occurrence, but I am aware that it does not change your negative experience with us. I hope you give us another chance for you to experience the wonderful service and stays like the other reviewers on Trip Advisor are referring to. Please contact the hotel directly and ask for the GM if you are visiting Phoenix again. Again, I apologize that this had such a negative effect on your trip to the Valley of the Sun.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

This hotel and it's staff have impressed me more and more with each stay. Large rooms, comfortable beds, nice personal gym and excellent staff that really makes the stay special. All of that and a good value as well. Centrally located for anything Phoenix, this is my must stay for my business trips. Highly Recommend.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Thanks for an impressive review of your experience at the Radisson Phoenix Airport. I appreciate your loyalty to our hotel as your home away from home for business and anything in Phoenix. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed March 1, 2014

This is a wonderful business hotel located very close to the PHX airport. How close? I took the skytrain to 44th/Washington. Then walked 2 blocks to the Radisson. At Checkin I was welcomed with warm smiles. Thanked for my loyalty and was given room choices. The front desk person suggested that if I did not mind a room with 2 beds, she could put me on a high floor with a beautiful view of the saddle back mountains. Sounded great to me.

The room had dated furniture, but was very comfortable. The door has Very poor noise insulation: I could hear conversations happening in the hallway. No fridge or microwave. Also, there is no free food at the Radisson, but there is an overpriced restaurant in the lobby. No worries, there is a circle K gas station a block away.

Free Airport shuttle service is available. The temp in my hometown was 20 below, so I chose to walk and soak up the sun and warmth. Highly recommand this Radisson.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
RadGM, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Thank you for your warm review of your experience at the Radisson Phoenix Airport. I appreciate your recommendation of our hotel especially if a guest is without a car. Our location is a key feature along with beautiful views on the higher floors. Our RBG Bar & Grill does have some value options and I hope you get a chance to enjoy it on a future visit. It is great to hear that you enjoyed the Valley of the Sun and its best feature – sunny weather. Thanks again for sharing.

Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

We were fortunate to snag a King room here when our flight to Las Vegas was diverted for weather. Rate was reasonable, bed was comfy, rooms/halls a bit dated but clean and comfortable. The staff is fantastic (thanks Eric!) and the shuttle is quick and frequent. Just what we needed.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Thanks for sharing your great experience at the Radisson Phoenix Airport. I know it was unplanned, but I am very pleased that you found our staff accommodating and the shuttle convenient. Next time you come to Phoenix, hopefully you will have time to enjoy our other amenities like Fitness Center, Outdoor Pool and RBG Bar & Grill. See you soon!