“Very nice Radisson near airport”

Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport
Ranked #29 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
“Very nice Radisson near airport”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We booked this hotel for a weekend visit to some family in arizona. They gave us a very nice rate if we agreed to a 2 night stay.

I had been looking for hotels near the Skyharbor airport and one review said this place was quiet because it was off to the side rather than under the flight path. We found this to be true, it was quiet and very comfortable.

There is not much near here if you don't have a car but there is a convenience store one block away. The neighborhood seemed mostly other hotels and office parks. It seemed pretty safe at night. There was some characters hanging around the entrance one morning. I'm not sure if they worked there or what but the lady was either drugged up or mentally ill. No bother to us though.

There is breakfast available at this hotel but it cost extra.

I would stay here again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
RadGM, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Thank you for your comments about the Radisson Phoenix Airport and how it was such a good fit for a weekend trip to see family. Our central location to Sky Harbor Airport and major highways make it a great jumping off point for an Arizona vacation or just a quick trip to see family. Hope to see you back when you return to the Valley of the Sun!
Ted Trembath-General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sedona, Arizona
Reviewed November 19, 2013

The frequent airport traveler who wants to make the early flight will enjoy this hotel. The shuttle service is quick and efficient, be sure and ask for the drivers card. this will help when making the return flight to call the hotel. You can also enjoy un upgrade through a "Club Carlson" membership, this can be requested at the reservation desk. This upgrade gives you a view high up in the hotel. All rooms are modern, quiet and suited for business or pleasure. Take advantage of the 15 day free parking thats available if you request it when making your reservation. Restaurant on site has excellent food and friendly service from the dining host. Also another plus of the "Club Carlson" is early check in. When your room is ready a email is sent to your phone. Its a good feeling to know your room is locked in and you dont have to worry about over booking.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
RadGM, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
I am pleased that you had such a great experience at the Radisson Phoenix Airport and the RBG Bar & Grill. I appreciate that you pointed out the advantages of being a Club Carlson Member and some of your comments regarding the friendly staff. We love to serve the frequent travelers and the one time leisure guests as our amenities like Bar/restaurant, fitness center and heated pool combined with our central location make us a great choice. We hope to see you back soon to Phoenix!
Ted Trembath -General Manager
Fayetteville, Arkansas
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Stayed here for a week. Staff is very friendly and accommodating. Breakfast is good and reasonably priced. Bar looked nice but didn't try it. Pool was nice and clean with a large hot tub. Suites are large and cosy. We had a refrigerator and a microwave which was very helpful. Nice cold air-conditioning. I loved the pillows, my wife did not. We both could not believe how hard the bed was. We travel extensively and we have never experienced such a hard mattress. Staff said that all rooms have the same bed so beware if you require a softer bed for your sleep. We got very little rest and needed ibuprofen for our backs every morning. Wifi did not reach into our room on all four devices but it worked in our suite by the front door - must have been in a bad location. Shuttle service was a great bonus.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
RadGM, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
We are sorry to hear you did not have a good night’s sleep due to the style of your bed. We know a good night’s rest is very important. Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us and for the many positive comments regarding the staff friendliness and facilities. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.
Keighley, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We arrived in Phoenix after 3 flights and goodness knows how many hours and we were pretty tired. At arrivals in the airport there is a large board with many hotels listed and a courtesy phone to call them. Unfortunately the Radisson didn't appear. We thought we might be able to just pick up a circulating minibus but when one drove straight past us, we realised that wouldn't work! Back into the terminal and a helpful lady at information gave me the Radisson number and, on hearing that I didn't have a US cell, also kindly rang the hotel Around 5 minutes later, the bus arrived and we were on our way.

It's only a short drive to the hotel and reception was very quiet when we arrived. We checked in without any hassle and our room was large, clean and comfortable, with coffee maker andnpleasant bathroom.

We had a quick shower and then diven downstairs for something to eat. The bar was very quiet and the restaurant wmpty. We didn't actually fancy the bar snacks so went into the restaurant but asked if we could share a main course. Clearly they weren't run off their feet so they agreed and we enjoyed the food.

Next morning, we also enjoyed the breakfast before catching the shuttle back to the airport to then pick up the hire car depot shuttle. The hotel looked very pleasant in daylight and there was a nice outside pool although unfortunately it was closed. There didn't appear to be very much in the immediate area although you could walk to the rail connection into Phoenix itself.

I would certainly recommend the hotel as an ideal pre or post flight stop but make sure you have their phone number handy to call the shuttle. Better still, perhaps the hotel should consider joining the others on the arrival info board at the airport and provide the free courtesy line.

Room Tip: We had a room at the end of a corridor and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thanks for all your wonderful feedback and travel advice. I am pleased that you had a pleasant stay at the Radisson Phoenix Airport. I appreciate your comments about the accommodating staff in the RBG Bar & Grill. It is one of our many great features for travelers for short stopovers or longer stays. I look forward to your next stay.
Ted Trembath -General Manager
Santos
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I stayed for a week in this hotel for business trip. It is 10 minutes far from the airport in a calm area. As soon as I arrived there, the lady at the balcony offered me to join their loyalty program for free, and I would receive an upgrade in my room during my stay there, it was great! It was a bigger room with a great bed and more comfort. Also, I order some things on the online stores, and the crew received my boxes on my behalf saving my time as the trip was a hurry because of the working hours. I certainly recommend this hotel and you have several things close as gas stations, pharmacies, etc. The waffle machine at the breakfast was simply fantastic!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your nice feedback and for taking the time to write about your great experience at the Radisson Phoenix Airport. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed our location, comfortable beds and fantastic breakfast! Hopefully you can stay with us again next visit to the Phoenix area.
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed November 6, 2013

My experience in Radisson Airport Hotel was a very pleasant one. It made my week long stay over there one of the highlights of my visit in Phoenix. The crew and the staff were exceptionally friendly. The front desk personnel were very accommodating, helpful and goes out of their way to please the clients. The room was very cozy and you'd feel really homey. They have great food in their Bar and Grill Resto, very friendly resto personnel who will ask you time and again if you are alright :-)

The facility is great, clean and eco-friendly. Definitely a wonderful experience from check-in to check-out! highly recommendable to all who visits Phoenix!

Room Tip: All their rooms are nice cozy ones. you may want to get one with the mountain view :-)
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
RadGM, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thanks for that great review of the Radisson Phoenix Airport. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the cozy rooms, accommodating front desk staff, friendly servers and great food in the RBG Bar & Grill. I will pass on your comments to the team and look forward to your return to the Phoenix area.
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I travel every month for work and nothing irritates me more than terrible service and as stupid as it may seem, bad pillows. This radisson has always been happy to help whether it's showing me menus from all kinds of restaurants that deliver, holding my luggage when I arrive too early, even making up for mistakes. But what I sincerely appreciate is that the pillows guarantee me a good nights rest. They typically have 4 types of pillows (I prefer a low profile) which virtually garuantees me a pleasant night's rest.

Not a huge selection of restaurants are within walking distance but it is within walking distance to a local train which can get you to a number of fun places to explore (Mill Ave, Downtown, Mesa, etc.) and saves you tons of cash on cabs.

I'd probalby skip the breakfast there since you have to pay for it and it isn't much better than free breakfasts you can get at other restuarants (Lunch Lizard across from parking lot is good option).

But overall, a good choice to stay when in Phoenix.

1 Thank SBeez
Thank you for your feedback about your sleep experience at the Radisson Phoenix Airport. I appreciate you pointing out to future travelers the great location near the light rail to take you to many different shopping and dining options. Also available for our guests is the newly renovated RBG Bar & Grill located on site. I look forward to your next stay.