“Great service and Nice rooms”

Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport
Ranked #28 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed June 17, 2013

After 10 days hiking this was a nice oasis to relax in. Front desk staff was very welcoming and helpful. Our room was very clean and comfortable. The on site restaurant served good food and the beer was cold. Shuttle service to the airport was a great amenity. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
RadGM, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Thanks for sharing your experience at the Radisson Phoenix Airport. I am happy that you were able to enjoy a break from the hiking trip and enjoy our selection of local draft beers. The team looks forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Phoenix.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Great location for PHX airport. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Courtesy van ran on time with driver handling baggage. Lounge area well appointed and nice as well as were the appetizers. Only stayed there one night using the hotels great price for the stay, park, fly rates. Did not use the spa nor did we have breakfast so cannot comment on that aspect of the facility. Very professional staff and went the extra mile to assure our stay was as pleasant as possible. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
RadGM, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2013

Thanks for your review regarding your stay at the Radisson Phoenix Airport. I appreciate your comments regarding the clean rooms, shuttle timeliness, and RBG Lounge; but most of all thanks for mentioning our best feature which is the professional, pleasant staff. I am pleased that the cost effective Park, Sleep and Fly rate was a good value to you. We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Hotel was easy to find and close to airport. Staff was pleasant and helpful. Rooms were clean and beds were comfortable. Was only there one night and did not use the pool or spa areas. Further up the road were several shopping plazas with familiar stores and restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
RadGM, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Thanks for the review and kind remarks regarding the pleasant and helpful staff at the Radisson Phoenix Airport. I hope you can stay longer on your next trip to enjoy the pool and spa. I hope to see you again when travel brings you back to the Phoenix area.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

This is a good hotel if you want to be close to the airport. Rooms were clean and the facility of free shuttle to and from the airport is good and prompt. Not many places to eat around this hotel but other than that no complaints.

Good value.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at the Radisson Phoenix Airport. Thanks for mentioning the clean rooms and prompt shuttle. Hopefully you got the chance to eat in our new RBG Bar and Grill. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 9, 2013

I have been back many times since my first review of this hotel, and wanted to provide more feedback for travelers. I am still a big fan of the Radisson Phoenix North, but have a few little gripes.

The lobby, restaurant, and bar/lounge area have been remodeled and look great. It is bright, airy, and welcoming. I wish, however, that they put that $$ into updating the rooms a bit. The rooms are always clean, but a few carpet stains, fixtures, and older style furniture call for some attention.

The AC units are all wall units controlled by a thermostat. Some of the rooms have very loud units (hence the reviews), and some are not so bad. I did notice that in the suites (there are five, I believe), they actually have central AC/heat. It was a lot more pleasant to sleep with a lot less noise, which is very important to me. I did notice that some suites are updated a little, whereas others are not.....

I usually stay in a King executive room, but have stayed in the suites as well. They are nice, especially if you require a quieter room. It is not luxurious, but a nice, clean room, and adequate space. I actually stayed very close to the elevator, and it didn't bother me one bit with the bedroom door closed.

I wish that the bathrooms had fans, or some type of ventilation, as it is not very good. The bathrooms, however, are always clean, but do have some wear and tear, ie., chips in the tub and small things like that.

I understand that management wants to attract more outside business, along with the hotel guests when it comes to the restaurant. The remodel is very nice, but I have to say that I am not so thrilled about the new menu. I don't feel that these are the right demographics for the food being offered.....Everything is always very well presented, but the last three menus were a lot more appealing, and a bit less expensive...again, it doesn't fit with this type of hotel.....I have never had a meal outside of the hotel, but in the future, I will be checking out other places to dine...I tried.

With regards to the menu, heads up, there are two menus. I noticed that one review indicated the limited bar menu. The bar menu has a portion of the items offered on the restaurant/full menu, and they do serve everything in the bar/lounge area too. They need to make that more clear to guests, and will make more profit....obviously.

Room service is always nice, and the food is always hot and still presented well. Little things like providing a glass for my beer would be nice, but not a huge deal. I am just a stickler for attention to detail, and either you have it or don't, as it really depends on the individual. Most of the people that work there are on it, but there are a few exceptions. The only complaint about the room service is that they take a very long time for breakfast service. It appears that there is one person to serve the entire hotel....

I will warn you that you when room service gets busy, they have a recording that asks you to leave your name and room number, and they will call back to take your order. Well, apparently some employees do not know this. I called again after not hearing back after 45 minutes, and Joseph told me that they do not check the messages, and that he wasn't aware that messages were left. Furthermore he also shared that he wouldn't know how to check the messages if he had to....I feel that he lacked initiative in attempting to learn and provide better service, and it shows that perhaps management is not training thoroughly...need consistency.... Maybe he should have kept that info to himself, as it didn't look good for him or the hotel. Note, Joseph is a nice guy, just lacks professionalism compared to other staff.

I do want to share that every visit, I appreciate the people and the service provided at the Radisson. I will stay here in the future, but hope that more updates will be made, as there are other hotels that are updated, and do not cost much more. Please focus on the important things...I want to give you guys my business, especially since you have taken such good care (beyond expectations) of me in the past.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
RadGM, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Thank you for taking so much thought and time to share your thoughts and experiences regarding the Radisson Phoenix Airport (we were able to drop the "North" as we are the only Radisson Phoenix Airport now). I am pleased you like our first floor renovation and can assure you that we are in planning stages of our next phase to update the rooms. I also appreciate the feedback on the menu as we are constantly reviewing and preparing for the next version. We have continued to train the newer employees and our goal is always to answer the Room Service phone directly.

Most of all, thanks for the kind words about the people who really represent our spirit of hospitality at the Radisson Phoenix Airport.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Great staff in all areas of the hotel. From the front desk all the way to housekeeping. As a Club Carlson member I did have other hotel options in the Phoenix area but.....chose this for proximity to a meeting location and airport. Glad I did. Suite extremely comfortable, spacious with all the amenities that I needed for comfort.
I notice one not so good review as I am writing this. All I can say is that maybe that person finds fault everywhere.

Room Tip: Suites are large and comfortable
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts on your stay and the other reviews. Thanks for your loyalty to the Club Carlson program as well. We hope to see you again when travel brings you to the Phoenix area.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

When was the last time you had a Manager stay on the phone and direct you to a Hotel? This Happened to us in Phoenix when we got lost. The Room was roomy and light. The food was fantastic, I do have one challenge, try to get the bartender to smile. This is a great location and you will never find a friendlier group of people at the front desk. The sleep number beds are great.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thanks for that great review. I appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience at the Radisson Phoenix Airport. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed found us and had a great meal in the restaurant. The team looks forward to your next stay.
Best Wishes,