“Convenient for airport”

Ranked #29 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Gibraltar
“Convenient for airport”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

This is a good hotel if you want to be close to the airport. Rooms were clean and the facility of free shuttle to and from the airport is good and prompt. Not many places to eat around this hotel but other than that no complaints.

Good value.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
RadGM, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at the Radisson Phoenix Airport. Thanks for mentioning the clean rooms and prompt shuttle. Hopefully you got the chance to eat in our new RBG Bar and Grill. We hope to see you again soon!
Ted Trembath - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
SF Bay Area
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I have been back many times since my first review of this hotel, and wanted to provide more feedback for travelers. I am still a big fan of the Radisson Phoenix North, but have a few little gripes.

The lobby, restaurant, and bar/lounge area have been remodeled and look great. It is bright, airy, and welcoming. I wish, however, that they put that $$ into updating the rooms a bit. The rooms are always clean, but a few carpet stains, fixtures, and older style furniture call for some attention.

The AC units are all wall units controlled by a thermostat. Some of the rooms have very loud units (hence the reviews), and some are not so bad. I did notice that in the suites (there are five, I believe), they actually have central AC/heat. It was a lot more pleasant to sleep with a lot less noise, which is very important to me. I did notice that some suites are updated a little, whereas others are not.....

I usually stay in a King executive room, but have stayed in the suites as well. They are nice, especially if you require a quieter room. It is not luxurious, but a nice, clean room, and adequate space. I actually stayed very close to the elevator, and it didn't bother me one bit with the bedroom door closed.

I wish that the bathrooms had fans, or some type of ventilation, as it is not very good. The bathrooms, however, are always clean, but do have some wear and tear, ie., chips in the tub and small things like that.

I understand that management wants to attract more outside business, along with the hotel guests when it comes to the restaurant. The remodel is very nice, but I have to say that I am not so thrilled about the new menu. I don't feel that these are the right demographics for the food being offered.....Everything is always very well presented, but the last three menus were a lot more appealing, and a bit less expensive...again, it doesn't fit with this type of hotel.....I have never had a meal outside of the hotel, but in the future, I will be checking out other places to dine...I tried.

With regards to the menu, heads up, there are two menus. I noticed that one review indicated the limited bar menu. The bar menu has a portion of the items offered on the restaurant/full menu, and they do serve everything in the bar/lounge area too. They need to make that more clear to guests, and will make more profit....obviously.

Room service is always nice, and the food is always hot and still presented well. Little things like providing a glass for my beer would be nice, but not a huge deal. I am just a stickler for attention to detail, and either you have it or don't, as it really depends on the individual. Most of the people that work there are on it, but there are a few exceptions. The only complaint about the room service is that they take a very long time for breakfast service. It appears that there is one person to serve the entire hotel....

I will warn you that you when room service gets busy, they have a recording that asks you to leave your name and room number, and they will call back to take your order. Well, apparently some employees do not know this. I called again after not hearing back after 45 minutes, and Joseph told me that they do not check the messages, and that he wasn't aware that messages were left. Furthermore he also shared that he wouldn't know how to check the messages if he had to....I feel that he lacked initiative in attempting to learn and provide better service, and it shows that perhaps management is not training thoroughly...need consistency.... Maybe he should have kept that info to himself, as it didn't look good for him or the hotel. Note, Joseph is a nice guy, just lacks professionalism compared to other staff.

I do want to share that every visit, I appreciate the people and the service provided at the Radisson. I will stay here in the future, but hope that more updates will be made, as there are other hotels that are updated, and do not cost much more. Please focus on the important things...I want to give you guys my business, especially since you have taken such good care (beyond expectations) of me in the past.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
RadGM, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for taking so much thought and time to share your thoughts and experiences regarding the Radisson Phoenix Airport (we were able to drop the "North" as we are the only Radisson Phoenix Airport now). I am pleased you like our first floor renovation and can assure you that we are in planning stages of our next phase to update the rooms. I also appreciate the feedback on the menu as we are constantly reviewing and preparing for the next version. We have continued to train the newer employees and our goal is always to answer the Room Service phone directly.

Most of all, thanks for the kind words about the people who really represent our spirit of hospitality at the Radisson Phoenix Airport.
Best wishes,
Drayden, Maryland
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Great staff in all areas of the hotel. From the front desk all the way to housekeeping. As a Club Carlson member I did have other hotel options in the Phoenix area but.....chose this for proximity to a meeting location and airport. Glad I did. Suite extremely comfortable, spacious with all the amenities that I needed for comfort.
I notice one not so good review as I am writing this. All I can say is that maybe that person finds fault everywhere.

Room Tip: Suites are large and comfortable
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts on your stay and the other reviews. Thanks for your loyalty to the Club Carlson program as well. We hope to see you again when travel brings you to the Phoenix area.
Green Valley, Arizona, United States
Reviewed June 6, 2013

When was the last time you had a Manager stay on the phone and direct you to a Hotel? This Happened to us in Phoenix when we got lost. The Room was roomy and light. The food was fantastic, I do have one challenge, try to get the bartender to smile. This is a great location and you will never find a friendlier group of people at the front desk. The sleep number beds are great.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for that great review. I appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience at the Radisson Phoenix Airport. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed found us and had a great meal in the restaurant. The team looks forward to your next stay.
Best Wishes,
Flagstaff, Arizona
Reviewed June 5, 2013

My wife and I spent the night here before a trip to Cancun and were pleasantly surprised. Everyone was super friendly, our room and bed were excellent, we were able to leave our car while away, and when we encountered a minor problem it was addressed and resolved immediately. We WILL use this hotel again.

1 Thank tonysutera
RadGM, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thanks for that well done review of the Radisson Phoenix Airport. I appreciate your comments especially about the super friendly staff - I will pass these on to the team! We look forward to your next stay and thanks again,
Best wishes,
Cottonwood
Reviewed June 4, 2013

The only thing this hotel has going for it is the location. With the variety of choices available one would think the Radisson would put at least an ounce of effort into customer service. Since it was the end of Grand Canyon visit and celebration of our 25th wedding anniversary, I thought the Radisson would be a good choice based on the reviews. What a disappointment. Upon check-in we were told that the King room I had reservations for was not available and were told the only room available was a double queen. The room was one of the smallest rooms we stayed in during our trip. Coffee had been poured in the bathroom sink and had not been cleaned. The room temperature in the room was impossible to control. The air conditioner would clunk loudly every time it came on, but couldn't keep an even temp. After a very sleepless night, I made a cup of coffee...no creamer! I showered and while attempting to use the hair dryer realized only one plug in the bathroom outlet worked. The only mirror was in the bathroom over a vanity made for one. I am really ready for a cup of coffee by now, I asked the desk clerk if there was a coffee bar and he pointed to a cart and said there might be some left from last night. (SERIOUSLY?) Just as I was getting my little Styrofoam cup of coffee a guy comes around the corner and says "Aren't you lucky, you got the last of the free coffee." Since their restaurant opens at 6:00AM, they don't provide coffee, you have to go in and purchase it! Well thank God I couldn't sleep all night and was able to get downstairs from our 5th floor room by 5:50 AM! I complained there was no creamer in our room and received nothing more that a shoulder shrug. We were soooooo ready to get the hell out of this place that we decided we would just have breakfast at the airport. My husband was standing at the opened door, luggage in tow (I was about 10 feet behind) and the shuttle driver looked straight at him, closed the back door, ran to close the side door, jumped in and took off with one passenger inside. When we complained the clerk said "He probably had a pilot that had to get to the airport". Apparently, if you are an airline employee this is the place to stay. If you are tourist passing through you don't count. They are obviously not interested in repeat business. We stayed in a variety of places from a mom & pop's motel, the lodges at Grand Canyon to a Sleep Inn. Since the night we stayed at the Radisson was our actual 25th annv. I could not have been more disappointed to end our trip there.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chris D
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with your experience. We use guest comments like yours to improve our service and products for future guests. As you referred to other reviews in your comments, this is not our usual experience and I hope we get another chance to live up to our Radisson Standards.
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We recently stayed at the Phoenix Airport Radisson and were very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the facility and great customer service. The pool and spa was clean and refreshing, the room was very comfortable, and the staff was competent, pleasant, and seemed eager to help with all requests. In addiiton, we were pleased to learn that we could leave our car there during our trip; Radisson delivered us to the airport, picked us up after the trip, and charged $5.00 per day to park our car. We will use them again and would recommend the Raddison to others. FYI, this is the only time I have been so motivated to share our experience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience at the Radisson Phoenix Airport. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the customer service, pool/spa and comfortable rooms. I look forward to seeing you back on your next trip up from Tucson.
Ted Trembath – General Manager