“Great hotel!”

Ranked #29 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Great hotel!”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I stayed at the Radisson on May 9, 2013. I had an early morning flight and wanted to be close to the airport. I was really impressed with this hotel. Upon checking in, I was upgraded to a suite; the staff was professional and so friendly and kind - always smiling. I used the shuttle service and it was also perfect - runs 24/7 which makes getting to the airport so easy. My room was spacious, well furnished, clean and comfortable. I also ate at the lounge bar - food and service was excellent.

I would highly recommend this property, especially for business travelers. It is an exceptional property.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
RadGM, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Wow - thanks for the great review! I am pleased that you had such a nice experience including in our newly opened RBG Bar & Grill along with a comfortable stay and convenient shuttle. Business travelors enjoy our many amenities and I appreciate you sharing your thoughts for others to read. I hope to see you back when you are in the Phoenix area again,
Ted Trembath - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Singapore
Reviewed May 12, 2013

The hotel is very near to the airport. Shuttle service is provided by the hotel. Hotel staff was very nice and helpful. I checked in late at night and the hotel restaurant had just closed but the staff was able to provide me a contact number to a local shop which delivered pizza up to the hotel room.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our convenient shuttle and efficient staff. We look forward to your next stay.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Stayed for 5 nights on a business trip. I was offered a free upgrade to a suite which I gladly accepted. The room was very nice and clean. Television in both rooms of the suite, nice coffee available. The restaurant downstairs seems to have a nice menu, but some of my friends who stayed in the hotel had a bad experience there: sat for 20 minutes without being noticed and they eventually left, so I decided to avoid it as well. However my own experience was positive.

The hotel itself was very conveniently located close to the airport and there are plenty of restaurants within easy driving distance. I would stay here again without hesitation.

Room Tip: Ask if you can be upgraded to a suite!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
RadGM, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Thanks for your kind comments regarding your recent stay. I apologize that your friends did not have a positive experience at the restaurant; I hope you get a chance next time to try it out. We opened the RBG Grill and Bar in early April are excited to share it with our return guests. Our team works hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive our best “Yes I Can!” service, so I appreciate your comments to help us in continuous improvement.
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed May 9, 2013

My group has stayed at this facility for the past 7 years. The location is perfect for our needs. We use the light rail to go downtown and enjoy the ball game without the troubles of driving and parking. The freeway is just blocks away. The staff, from custodial, front desk, to wait staff are always friendly. A simple "good morning" or "have a great day" go a long way! We enjoy the pool after a round of golf, an it has always been clean and refreshing. When we plan next years trip booking at this facility will be the first thing we do!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your feedback. I am so happy to hear of your great experience at the Radisson Phoenix Airport. I appreciate you taking the time again to share your opinions on your home in Phoenix. I will share your great comments about the staff with the team! I look forward to your next stay again next May or sooner.
Best wishes,
The Colony, Texas
Reviewed May 8, 2013

The remodel paid off for this Radisson. It was a bit troublesome staying here during the changes, but they were finished on my most recent stay and they did a great job with the place. The new restaurant is fantastic with a much more pleasing menu than before. The bar still serves a good selection, but now with expanded Happy Hour offerings and a chic decor. I've always had great service when I walk into this Radisson and my most recent trip was no exception; it truly makes my trips to Phoenix a little more enjoyable (especially when it's 110 degrees outside).

Room Tip: Get the king size bed room if you're on business; the layout of the office furniture is much nic...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
RadGM, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thanks for the fantastic review. I am so pleased to hear that you like the remodel and new restaurant at the Radisson Phoenix Airport. I appreciate your loyalty and taking the time to share your experience. That same great staff loves to hear reviews like this! Hope to see you back soon!
Tucson
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Living in Tucson, we venture up to Phoenix occasionally to catch a flight, watch a baseball game, or just get away. We have tried many Hotels but keep returning to the Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport. For us this Hotel just fits the bill. The key to me when choosing a Hotel is cleanliness, location, friendliness and of course a comfortable bed. The Radisson in my opinion has it all! The staff is super friendly, from the front desk to the cleaning folks! The rooms are always clean, and the beds, "Sleep Number Beds" - you can set them to your comfort level. The Hotel is close to the airport (but no plane noises keeping you awake at night - promise) and they even offer a free shuttle! Also the metro transit train is about a block away! My wife and I have stayed at the Radisson approximately 15 times now, and to use a baseball analogy - They are batting 1000.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
RadGM, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Holy Cow! Thank you so much for your review of the Radisson Phoenix Airport. The staff loves when guests return and return. I know that you have choices in a large city like Phoenix and we are proud to earn your business each visit. I hope you are enjoying the new RBG Bar and Grill that recently opened. See you back soon!
Best wishes,
Houston, Texas
Reviewed May 6, 2013

This hotel is conveniently located near the Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport. It is close to freeway access and to restaurants and shopping. There were no restaurants really in walking distance but close if you have a car. The grounds were clean and had really tasteful desert plants many of which were in bloom. The parking was well lighted in the rear where I parked and it seemed a very safe location. The lobby, hospitality room and common areas were very chic. The business center was well equipped and every thing I utilized there performed flawlessly.

My room faced out the back of the hotel and afforded a beautiful view of the mountains and the sunrise.

I would recommend this hotel if you stay in Phoenix.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing out the back of the hotel....4th floor or higher.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
RadGM, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience at the Radisson Phoenix Airport. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed our convenient location, Business Center and beautiful views. We look forward to your next stay and thanks for your personal recommendation.