“Very Nice For One Night Stay”

Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport
Ranked #29 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Very Nice For One Night Stay”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We enjoyed a one-bedroom suite on the 5th floor. The room was very clean, updated and modern. Our first time trying out the sleep number bed - We enjoyed it very much and had a great rest. Downside was trying to find parking and checking in. When I checked in, the older gentleman did not explain any of the amenties to me, like the breakfast hours, restaurant hours, pool hours, check time, etc. I had to listen to the other lady quickly explain the amenities to another guest. Because of this, we did not eat use any of the amenities of the hotel. We did find a breakfast menu in the room, but found it was very pricey. I would stay here again and for longer if I find myself needing a room close to Tempe Town Lake.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
RadGM, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your experience. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the Sleep Number Beds and our location to Tempe Town Lake. I apologize for the lack of explanation of our amenities at check in and hope you can enjoy our restaurant and pool on your next visit.
Ted Trembath - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Vancouver
Reviewed March 4, 2013

My friend and I were in Phoenix for 24 hours to see a concert and really just needed a nice, clean hotel near the airport and the Celebrity Theatre. But the Radisson gave us even more. First off, the hotel has an airport shuttle which was extremely handy. The front desk was very friendly and helpful. They were kind enough to upgrade us to two Queen beds when we check in, as their doubles rooms were still being prepared. The room was a good size for the price with comfortable beds, nice linens, decent size clean bathroom. The in-room AC worked very well, too.
The restaurant and bar served decent food at decent prices. If I make a return visit to Phoenix, I wouldn't hesitate to book the Radisson Hotel Airport again. All in all, very nice hotel with good value.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
RadGM, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
I am so pleased to hear of your fun weekend here in Phoenix at the Radisson Phoenix Airport. Thanks for the nice comments regarding the staff and the value. We hope to see you again when you can stay longer and enjoy all the amenities!
Pembroke, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I had stayed here a year earlier and knew it was a good place to stay. The bed is so comfy and the room was a good size (I had the business room). The staff were very friendly here from check in to the restaurant and even the maids. Kris in the restaurant was very personable and made me feel special, she also had a great sense of humour. I really like the breakfast there to.
I was attending a conference down town and although the hotel is located a few miles away it was easy to catch the tram into the city, it was 2 blocks away and a chance to walk off the breakfast and get some excercise.
For the price this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the restaurant and chose to stay with us for a convention in downtown Phoenix. With the Light Rail so close, the Radisson Phoenix Airport is a great option. We look forward to your next stay.

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I visited Phoenix for a conference and arranged to have my group of 20 stay at the Radisson. The staff was exeptional... very courteous and customer service-oriented. Food at the hotel was great, the rooms were nice, and the amenities were great for a basic stay: free wifi, a great business center. Only downside was the fitness center was being renovated, but they made arrangements for us to use a neighboring center.

Overall, was very satisfied with my stay and will consider this hotel again for future trips.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for bringing your group to the Radisson Phoenix Airport. I am pleased that you had exceptional service and mentioned the great amenities for business conferences like good food and business center. I am happy to announce that our Fitness Center will go back in service tomorrow. As part of that renovation, we have added 4 new meeting rooms to meet future needs for conferences. We look forward to your next meeting or pleasure trip to Phoenix!
Ted Trembath – General Manager
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Chose this hotel for park and fly package. Paid way too much for a mediocre room for the parking. Was not happy with lobby or staff. None were too helpful and I didn't like my car parked without protection for a week. I think the parking is misrepresented when booking. The plus was Louis the driver of the shuttle. He was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Christieks17
RadGM, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. I am sorry that your experience was not up to our Radisson standards. However, I will pass on the great comment regarding the driver and happy that you found a bright spot to your stay. We are excited to complete our 1st floor renovation this month and hope you can visit us again,
Ted Trembath – General Manager
Carson, California
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Arrived late after a tiring drive from San Diego, California. Check-in was easy and pleasant...we were snug in bed within the hour. We slept like babies until 9:30 because the bed was so comfortable and the black-out shades worked like a charm. The staff and facilities were very nice. The only complaint I have about my stay is that if was difficult to open the wastebasket in the bathroom with the foot lever because it was too small. With that being my only complaint, my overall stay was excellent...I'd stay there again if I travel to Phoenix again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for your excellent comments regarding your stay at Radisson Phoenix Airport. I am pleased that you slept so well. Due to yours and other guest comments we are in the process of replacing the bathroom garbage cans to something more user friendly. Thanks again for sharing!
Boston
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I chose this hotel because it ranked so high on TripAdvisor, but after staying here, I am not terribly sure why they rank so high. Nothing wrong, but neither was the hotel particularly outstanding. The rooms are a little shabby and darkish furniture, look's like a men's club. The desk is tiny. On the other hand the check in staff were fantastic, the bar area is decent and they have good beer. The restaurant is very dated but apparently about to be completely rennovated. Convenient shuttle to the airport every 20 mins. The best feature is that you can adjust the bed's softness level and each side has a separate adjustment. Overall it was a fine stay and I would be happy to stay here again, but is it really better than the other big hotel chains nearby? I can't say because I didn't stay there, but it wasn't so special that I can imagine it's very different....

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
RadGM, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. Some of the amenities that you touched on are important to our loyal guests, but it is the staff who make the difference. I hope you have another visit in order to give us a chance to show you more of what others see in our team. Thanks again for the feedback to help us improve.