“great staff at the radisson hotel phoenix airport north”

Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport
Ranked #29 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
El Paso, Texas
“great staff at the radisson hotel phoenix airport north”
Reviewed May 24, 2012

My party has stayed at this hotel for 6 years now. We enjoy to convience of the location due to the rail system being just blocks away. The staff has always been great, and the facility is excellent. When you leave or come back to the hotel and you pass the front desk, be assured that the staff will great you and ask about you day. We will be back next year.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank david m
CHAZ7475, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind comments about our staff. I am happy to see that their enjoyment of their jobs shows in the guest experience. I appreciate your loyalty to return year after year. Just to let you know, we have dropped the "North" from our name and are now officially called the Radisson Phoenix Airport. Hope to see you again when you return to the Phoenix area!
Ted Trembath - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed May 22, 2012

I had a great stay at his hotel. The room was well appointed and clean. It was equipped with a king sleep-number bed. The bed and bath linens were fresh. The rate was very affordable. I also had a great meal in the hotel's 44th Street Grill. Great rate - highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Craye7
CHAZ7475, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
Thanks for your positive remarks regarding the cleanliness and service at the Radisson Phoenix Airport. I appreciate your sharing these for others to see. Hope to see you soon when your travels take you back to Phoenix!
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed May 19, 2012

The stay at this hotel was a branch off my Vegas trip, having flown into PHX Skyharbour and driving to Grand Canyon/Vegas and back, we figured something close to the airport would shave time off the morning departure.

Rooms- Modern, mini fridge, large LCD T.V, recently renovated you can tell.
Beds- VERY COMFY! Pillows are a huge thing for me, so a nice pillow is a bonus when travelling. Most Radisson's feature the 'SleepNumber' Brand bed, so it's adjustable, which is nice!

Bathrooms- Got placed in a Handicap accessible room, because we were entitled to a free upgrade as we booked the room using points. So, the shower had a seat in it, with drains in the middle of the room and in the shower. Not sure how the regular rooms look, but I'd imagine something similar.

Pool- Was a nice feature! During our stay the temperatures soared to 90 Fereinheit, so the pool was a great way to cool down. very relaxing and blocked off from everything. We were the only ones in the pool for three hours in a row, have no idea what everyone else was doing while it was so nice out, but the pool is there to use! Also attached is a fitness facility which had most of the modern equipment, elliptical, treadmill, weights ect.

Breakfast from the attached restaurant was also very good, had make your own waffles, cereals, fruits, bacon and potatoes (everything good in a breakfast buffet!)

Would definitely stay here again if I was travelling to Phoenix again anytime soon!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank AlbertaEdmontonGuy
CHAZ7475, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Thanks for the detailed review of the Radisson Phoenix Airport. Other future Phoenix visitors really appreciate experienced travelers' opinions like yours. You touched on most of our great features including the pool, fitness center, restaurant and comfy beds! I appreciate you taking the time to share for others and hope you can swing by Phoenix again sometime soon.
Wallingford, Connecticut
Reviewed May 17, 2012

My son and I recently stayed at the Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport. The hotel staff was very helpful answering all of our questions. All of the staff we met were very friendly and courteous. The room we stayed in was very comfortable and clean. The air conditioning in the room was much appreciated compared to the last hotel we stayed at in Tusayan, AZ. We ate at the hotel grill for dinner and honestly we've had better food. This is the only negative thing I have to say about this hotel. Would I stay at this hotel again? Yes! In addition, the hotel is very conveniently located close to the Phoenix airport and car rental return.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank maloney1969
CHAZ7475, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, May 18, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with the Radisson Phoenix Airport. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed our friendly staff, clean and comfortable accommodations and convenient location. I would like to apologize for your less than excellent dining experience. We do receive many compliments from our many diners, and will review your comments with the F&B team. We continue to upgrade the menu and offer specials, so when you return the Phoenix area we hope to see you back. Thanks again for your feedback as it is a vital part of our continuous improvement process.
Oregon
Reviewed May 14, 2012

This was a great place for us to base while in Phoenix. Easy to find, close to everything.

Staff was excellent. Woman at front desk (I can't remember her name) was amazing! Also has an INCREDIBLE memory.

Room big, extremely quiet at night.

The only two things I would say that are negatives are that there are no safes in the rooms. Yes, safe deposit is available, but that's a hassle. Come on, Radisson, put safes in the rooms!

The other is the bed. They feature Sleep Number beds. This was our first experience with Sleep Number beds, and I hope it's our last! Both my wife and I HATED the beds. Either too soft, too hard, never just right. Felt just like you are sleeping on an air mattress (which you are).

(I can't believe that anyone would pay good money to own one of them at home).

I imagine that they have non-Sleep Number bed rooms, but we didn't ask. In the future when we come back to Phoenix, I would ask to see if they had rooms with real beds.

(We've stayed in some "interesting" accomodations all over the world, so we just roll with the punches and make due).

In spite of the beds, it was a great palce to stay. With the caveat that I'd ask for a room without the Sleep Number bed, I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room without a Sleep Number bed.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks for your comments and sharing your thoughts on the friendly staff. As you mentioned we do carry an inventory of traditional mattress beds and those are available to anyone on request. We also offer a Business Class room that includes such amenities as In-Room Safe, Refrigerator, Microwave, Robe/Slippers, I-Home Clock and Complimentary Breakfast. That rate can be booked through our reservation center or website. I apologize that you did not have a great night's sleep and look forward to serving you in the future.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed May 9, 2012

Before arriving at this hotel, I was a little concerned and somewhat suspicious because quite a few single-review contributors gave high marks to it. I did have previous experiences that high ranking of an establishment could be far from reality and was mostly due to a large number of non-trustworthy reviews. Fortunately, it was not the case here. I liked my two-night stay at this hotel, and next time I need to stay close to the PHX airport I will choose the Radisson again. Of course, it is not a 5-star (or even 4-star) hotel, but it is right near the top in the “value for money” category. It is not a vacation resort, so do not expect nice views out of the window, lush tropical grounds, etc. However, it is clean and the staff are polite and friendly. The room was spacious and adequately furnished. The bed with controllable firmness was very comfortable. The bathroom was nothing special, but clean. The restaurant and bar are decent. The business center has three PCs and a printer, free to use. There are a good exercise room and a small pool with a whirlpool (not an “infinity” pool, but again this not a resort). The access to the pool is locked until 6 am, which is probably not early enough for those of us from the east coast (I like to take a swim before breakfast). In summary, my experience with Radisson PHX Airport North was very positive.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank valeryg
CHAZ7475, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, May 14, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at the Radisson Phoenix Airport. Thanks for pointing out our clean friendly attributes. I will look into the pool opening time and I am sorry that limited your time in our pool. When you return, please request a Camelback view room on the 7th floor, hopefully we can change your mind on the lack of views. But most of all, we appreciate seasoned travelers sharing their reviews to help others feel comfortable staying with us in the future.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed May 4, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel at least 10 different times during a 12 month period. I don't have any problems to check-in, always there are rooms availability, the staff is very welcoming, the room is clean and comfortable. no problems with internet. The food at the lobby bar (try the buffalo chicken salad or western hamburguer) is very good. Sometimes there are too many people for the one single waittress attending (who is very kind), but overall, when you ar sitting there watching a game, is not a big deal if waiting a little more for your food. Every face there is very kind and warm. The van drivers, the manager, the recepcionists, the clerks, the cleaning ladies, even the maintenace guy. Every time I check in I find a smile.

Room Tip: I don't have any! all the rooms are good :)
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Blanca R
CHAZ7475, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
II appreciate your not only taking the time to share your comments, but also for your loyalty to the Radisson Phoenix Airport! I will pass on your kind words to the team about the friendly staff and clean, comfortable accommodations. Our staff loves to take care of our guests and the smile is one of our ways of showing it to you. Hope to see you back soon:)