“Long layover, wonderful lunch!”
Review of Sauce Pizza & Wine

Sauce Pizza & Wine
Ranked #585 of 3,176 Restaurants in Phoenix
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Neighborhood: Camelback East
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We just flew through Phoenix on our way to California. Had a 3 1/2 hr layover, needed to get some grub and find a good place to rest for the remainder of the time. Several choices in the airport but all the usual suspects; mexican, burgers, salads. Sauce is like a high end restaurant but not too overly priced to match the decor & ambiance. Food was great! Had a turkey & fontina panini and Chicken Salad with walnuts, gorgonzola cheese & apples. Husband & I shared our meal and it was perfect portions for the two of us! Did I say that the food was great? My husband and I are still talking about how much we enjoyed it! And the staff was great. One server there, don't know he's name, was wonderful, taking our dishes, getting more ice tea, he was Johnny On the Spot! Husband tipped him as we left for taking such good care of us. Have another layover on the way back to Chicago, we will for sure stop by for another great bite of food! Thanks Sauce!

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Wanted a salad for dinner after a pretty big lunch, and Sauce did a good job with that. This is a casual place, where you order at the counter when you walk in and then they bring the meal to your table. It was very efficient, the food was out within 5 minutes. The chicken, spinach, walnut, apple salad was very tasty, nice portion.

Too bad they do not have gluten free pizza.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

Again, I was looking for a late lunch to cover a long flight home, but not a huge meal. I ordered the roast beef and mozzarella panini and it truly was one of the most tasty well prepared sandwiches I've had in a restaurant. The seasoned potato chips served with the sandwich were also very good. I rarely eat potato chips, but I finished these! I had to! I ate at the Sauce in the Phoenix Airport, but next time I'm in Phoenix I'll have to get to another Sauce and try the pizza and a salad! Delicious and at the airport!!!

Reviewed August 8, 2012

We had the summer promotion: shared large salad and pizza with 2 glasses of wine for $20. More than enough food for lunch. We are not big fans of thin crust pizza so we've learned to ask for the hand stretched variety. It's not mentioned on any of the menu boards, but it's available. We had the Chicken, Pine Nuts, Tomato & Gorgonzola salad, delicious, as well as the Portobello & Artichoke pizza. The pizza is just ok, the proportions of sauce, toppings and cheese to bread seemed off. Lots of crust with nothing on it. But hey, for the price it's a deal.

Reviewed May 2, 2012

This is a bit more upgraded than just your fast food,carry out kind of place. You do walk in and place your order. The menu has a nice variety of salads,panini's and sandwiches and gourmet thin crust pizza and pasta dishes. The staff brings your order to you. They are all very courteous and stop by often to make sure all is well.
The turkey and fontina panini was very fresh ,very tasty and good portion, not to mention the pesto being fantastic. Some in my party had the salads and were a good portion and very fresh. Their Tuscan Tomato soup is hearty and their specialty which has a great hint of fresh basil. They also have a nice outdoor patio. It is in an upgraded more exclusive shopping district so lots to do there before or after you eat.