“STAY AWAY”

Stonecreek Golf Club
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in the heart of Phoenix with spectacular mountain views, Stonecreek Golf Club's remarkable golf, upscale amenities and unmatched service have earned it recognition by Golf Channel as one of Arizona's "Best Kept Secrets". Open to the public 52 weeks a year, the club's superb links-style championship layout, expansive golf practice facility, delicious dining and spacious banquet facilities offer unrivaled opportunities for playing, socializing and networking.
Reviewed September 8, 2012

They pack them in on this course, tee times less than 8 minutes apart. Three groups on the first hole and the pro staff considered this normal. Spend your time and money elsewhere. Played 12 holes in almost 4 hours, and we teed off at 6:30am. Terrible course management. Spend the extra ten or twenty dollars and play a well run course. I think third graders could run a golf course better than the clowns that are running it now.

2  Thank Chris C
"marshalls"
"track"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed March 29, 2012

We chose this by googling best courses in Phoenix - I'm not really sure why it was in the Top 10 - there must be many more better, but it was in good shape and challenging in parts. We'd pick Dove Valley over Stonecreek, which was not nearly as scenic as Dove Valley - a lot of homes and apartments along the way. They called it a links course on the website, but it really isn't. Small range - had to wait for an open spot. Infrequent snack cart service. We called ahead to ask if locker room and showers were available (we went straight to our flight home), were told yes, but then onsite were told they were only for annual members. Overall, not bad for the price.

1  Thank a-travelin-foodie
Reviewed February 29, 2012

I always like playing there. And it's easy to find / get to. The back 9 is my fave.

Reviewed February 19, 2012

Played StoneCreek February 13, 2012- I have played many courses in AZ from high end to low end. Stonecreek appeared to be mid-tier based on price $65.00 which was a big discount on week-end rate of $115.00. This is the worst course i have ever played in Arizona. It started with the cart - broken roof, tear in seat, burn hole in seat. The practice area was a mess and the clubhouse was pathetic (wait till you try to get a sandwich at the turn they run out at 1:30). The course layout does have some challenging holes but the homes on the course make you feel like you are in the ghetto! The greens were beat up with thousands of ball marks and the fairways we un-kept. To get a real feel for the place visit one of the on course washrooms –caution do not touch anything. I hit a ball off line in the back 9 into the trees and found the Phoenix landfill when I went to look for my ball. The sand traps are just that a trap don't go in there is no sand. I have played in some rough areas of Phoenix where the course was great and you just wanted to relocate the course to another part of Phoenix......I would like to relocated this course out of state so know body from Arizona would have to play it! I would feel differently if I paid $25.00 but at $65.00 there is much better choices out there for your hard earned $$$$.

3  Thank Mike C